The receptionist for the office probably just signed for it without paying attention to who it was for. I fail to see why the USPS carrier would even attempt to do such a moronic thing, but it's sort of par for the course for them.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5619post #84271 of 1090539/21/13 at 2:59pmpost #84272 of 1090539/21/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
I just bought the new Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album, and lo, it sounds *exactly* like an Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album from the 80s. I am pleased, so very pleased.post #84273 of 1090539/21/13 at 6:31pmpost #84274 of 1090539/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #84275 of 1090539/21/13 at 10:25pmCan I confess to quite liking the look of some of H&M's new collection?
They don't stock it in my local branch, so no idea what the construction is like, but Abraham Moon fabrics are decent enough.post #84276 of 1090539/21/13 at 10:42pmpost #84277 of 1090539/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by BreezyBirch
Thanks for the tip, I'm actually pretty into this. Will keep an eye on it when sales hit, as there are a handful other things ssense has this season I've got my eye on that I don't quite want at retail.
On that note, I'm feeling pretty disheartened. I've been on a no-kop spree for a while, along with selling a bunch of stuff in an effort to justify this $2000 fur-lined fishtail I've been wanting (the fur lining is removable and so the jacket can be worn a few different ways as well, with just the fur lining (fur inside), just the fur lining (fur outside) or just the fishtail parka. It was like my dream coat since I get very cold and really, really want some fur to keep me warm so I don't have to layer as much as I normally do.
I'm disheartened because I went to go check it out again yesterday and probably just get it, but in the process my girlfriend explained to me how cheap rabbit fur was and for $2k it should be lined with something better, and how the pelts they used weren't even consistent in quality. Now, I'm not one to justify costs by saying "oh I'll have this forever" (I spent more on the Coppens jacket and that is just absurd) but I don't want to baby the thing, but the thought of having the fur start balling up and looking shitty after just a season or two really sucks.
The jacket never goes on sale either (which is why I didn't buy it last year) and even the employees aren't allowed to get a discount on it, so there isn't much I can do to make the cost easier to swallow, which would be about $2200 after tax.
So tl;dr: my dream fur coat is way overpriced (unsurprising, but absolutely fine with me) but more importantly it will start to look shitty after a year or two according to someone familiar with the materials used.post #84278 of 1090539/22/13 at 6:38am
Another RFT, which I'm debating on crossposting in the Vest-thing thread.
In the Henrik Vibskov boutique, I tried on this Barbara i Gongini lederhosen strap...thing and I think it has potential for layering:
Here it is so you can see the whole thing, although I would never wear it on the outside this way. you can see I left the cross-chest strap just dangling, and on the left side the is a big key-ring added to a strap that is hanging as well.
This is the only way i would consider wearing it, underneath another piece of outerwear or clothing. Lifted up the jacket in the pic so you can see where they keys would hang from.
It's tempting, but I feel like it might delve into the territory of weird fetish wear even if I style it in my own way. Looking it up on her website, it definitely feels even creepier. Still, the way I would wear it I feel like it could be kind of cool to just have some straps of leather and keys hanging out from below my jacketpost #84279 of 1090539/22/13 at 3:20pmI'm feeling all of these 100% wool varsities popping up this season.
http://www.toddsnyder.com/products/grey-heather-letterman-jacket?utm_source=Todd+Snyder+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9b524748bb-LETTERMANJACKET_9_18_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4809577fd3-9b524748bb-48887009&mc_cid=9b524748bb&mc_eid=bb62e00a1epost #84280 of 1090539/22/13 at 4:38pmpost #84281 of 1090539/22/13 at 6:16pmpost #84282 of 1090539/22/13 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by melonadejello
That's about when they fell off everyone's radar because Skeletal Lamping and False Priest were garbage. maybe not all as bad as I remembered, but GOD are the low points low and not exactly memorable overall
But get this new one, Lousy With Sylvianbriar ASAP.
I got the previous one, Paralytic Stalks too, since I'd never given it chance and I'm actually liking it, but it's pretty out there
Many thanks. Will definitely pick it up.Quote:Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
I've got a Jiffy travel steamer that has treated me really well for about 3 years. it's this one:
Rad, I'll probably go with that one.post #84283 of 1090539/22/13 at 9:56pmpost #84284 of 1090539/22/13 at 11:28pmrft: if i can ever find a pair derbies that are on a last that feature a normal width forefoot but a narrower heel area i will buy 5 pairs
more shoes: can anyone recommend a good cobbler in seattle? i've used emerald city shoe repair for small stuff, but i need a re-sole on a pair of boots and i don't know if they're up for itpost #84285 of 1090539/23/13 at 7:56am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 3 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...