Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5619post #84271 of 1090549/21/13 at 1:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84272 of 1090549/21/13 at 2:59pmQuote:
The receptionist for the office probably just signed for it without paying attention to who it was for. I fail to see why the USPS carrier would even attempt to do such a moronic thing, but it's sort of par for the course for them.post #84273 of 1090549/21/13 at 5:55pmQuote:
I just bought the new Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album, and lo, it sounds *exactly* like an Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album from the 80s. I am pleased, so very pleased.post #84274 of 1090549/21/13 at 6:31pmpost #84275 of 1090549/21/13 at 6:42pmpost #84276 of 1090549/21/13 at 10:25pmCan I confess to quite liking the look of some of H&M's new collection?
They don't stock it in my local branch, so no idea what the construction is like, but Abraham Moon fabrics are decent enough.post #84277 of 1090549/21/13 at 10:42pmpost #84278 of 1090549/22/13 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by BreezyBirch
Thanks for the tip, I'm actually pretty into this. Will keep an eye on it when sales hit, as there are a handful other things ssense has this season I've got my eye on that I don't quite want at retail.
On that note, I'm feeling pretty disheartened. I've been on a no-kop spree for a while, along with selling a bunch of stuff in an effort to justify this $2000 fur-lined fishtail I've been wanting (the fur lining is removable and so the jacket can be worn a few different ways as well, with just the fur lining (fur inside), just the fur lining (fur outside) or just the fishtail parka. It was like my dream coat since I get very cold and really, really want some fur to keep me warm so I don't have to layer as much as I normally do.
I'm disheartened because I went to go check it out again yesterday and probably just get it, but in the process my girlfriend explained to me how cheap rabbit fur was and for $2k it should be lined with something better, and how the pelts they used weren't even consistent in quality. Now, I'm not one to justify costs by saying "oh I'll have this forever" (I spent more on the Coppens jacket and that is just absurd) but I don't want to baby the thing, but the thought of having the fur start balling up and looking shitty after just a season or two really sucks.
The jacket never goes on sale either (which is why I didn't buy it last year) and even the employees aren't allowed to get a discount on it, so there isn't much I can do to make the cost easier to swallow, which would be about $2200 after tax.
So tl;dr: my dream fur coat is way overpriced (unsurprising, but absolutely fine with me) but more importantly it will start to look shitty after a year or two according to someone familiar with the materials used.post #84279 of 1090549/22/13 at 6:38am
Another RFT, which I'm debating on crossposting in the Vest-thing thread.
In the Henrik Vibskov boutique, I tried on this Barbara i Gongini lederhosen strap...thing and I think it has potential for layering:
Here it is so you can see the whole thing, although I would never wear it on the outside this way. you can see I left the cross-chest strap just dangling, and on the left side the is a big key-ring added to a strap that is hanging as well.
This is the only way i would consider wearing it, underneath another piece of outerwear or clothing. Lifted up the jacket in the pic so you can see where they keys would hang from.
It's tempting, but I feel like it might delve into the territory of weird fetish wear even if I style it in my own way. Looking it up on her website, it definitely feels even creepier. Still, the way I would wear it I feel like it could be kind of cool to just have some straps of leather and keys hanging out from below my jacketpost #84280 of 1090549/22/13 at 3:20pmI'm feeling all of these 100% wool varsities popping up this season.
http://www.toddsnyder.com/products/grey-heather-letterman-jacket?utm_source=Todd+Snyder+Newsletter&utm_campaign=9b524748bb-LETTERMANJACKET_9_18_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4809577fd3-9b524748bb-48887009&mc_cid=9b524748bb&mc_eid=bb62e00a1epost #84281 of 1090549/22/13 at 4:38pmpost #84282 of 1090549/22/13 at 6:16pmpost #84283 of 1090549/22/13 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by melonadejello
That's about when they fell off everyone's radar because Skeletal Lamping and False Priest were garbage. maybe not all as bad as I remembered, but GOD are the low points low and not exactly memorable overall
But get this new one, Lousy With Sylvianbriar ASAP.
I got the previous one, Paralytic Stalks too, since I'd never given it chance and I'm actually liking it, but it's pretty out there
Many thanks. Will definitely pick it up.Quote:Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg
I've got a Jiffy travel steamer that has treated me really well for about 3 years. it's this one:
Rad, I'll probably go with that one.post #84284 of 1090549/22/13 at 9:56pmpost #84285 of 1090549/22/13 at 11:28pmrft: if i can ever find a pair derbies that are on a last that feature a normal width forefoot but a narrower heel area i will buy 5 pairs
more shoes: can anyone recommend a good cobbler in seattle? i've used emerald city shoe repair for small stuff, but i need a re-sole on a pair of boots and i don't know if they're up for it
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › LEMAIRE 3 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 seconds ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...