Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5619
Styleforum Top Picks
The receptionist for the office probably just signed for it without paying attention to who it was for. I fail to see why the USPS carrier would even attempt to do such a moronic thing, but it's sort of par for the course for them.
I just bought the new Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album, and lo, it sounds *exactly* like an Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark album from the 80s. I am pleased, so very pleased.
Thanks for the tip, I'm actually pretty into this. Will keep an eye on it when sales hit, as there are a handful other things ssense has this season I've got my eye on that I don't quite want at retail.
On that note, I'm feeling pretty disheartened. I've been on a no-kop spree for a while, along with selling a bunch of stuff in an effort to justify this $2000 fur-lined fishtail I've been wanting (the fur lining is removable and so the jacket can be worn a few different ways as well, with just the fur lining (fur inside), just the fur lining (fur outside) or just the fishtail parka. It was like my dream coat since I get very cold and really, really want some fur to keep me warm so I don't have to layer as much as I normally do.
I'm disheartened because I went to go check it out again yesterday and probably just get it, but in the process my girlfriend explained to me how cheap rabbit fur was and for $2k it should be lined with something better, and how the pelts they used weren't even consistent in quality. Now, I'm not one to justify costs by saying "oh I'll have this forever" (I spent more on the Coppens jacket and that is just absurd) but I don't want to baby the thing, but the thought of having the fur start balling up and looking shitty after just a season or two really sucks.
The jacket never goes on sale either (which is why I didn't buy it last year) and even the employees aren't allowed to get a discount on it, so there isn't much I can do to make the cost easier to swallow, which would be about $2200 after tax.
So tl;dr: my dream fur coat is way overpriced (unsurprising, but absolutely fine with me) but more importantly it will start to look shitty after a year or two according to someone familiar with the materials used.
Another RFT, which I'm debating on crossposting in the Vest-thing thread.
In the Henrik Vibskov boutique, I tried on this Barbara i Gongini lederhosen strap...thing and I think it has potential for layering:
Here it is so you can see the whole thing, although I would never wear it on the outside this way. you can see I left the cross-chest strap just dangling, and on the left side the is a big key-ring added to a strap that is hanging as well.
This is the only way i would consider wearing it, underneath another piece of outerwear or clothing. Lifted up the jacket in the pic so you can see where they keys would hang from.
It's tempting, but I feel like it might delve into the territory of weird fetish wear even if I style it in my own way. Looking it up on her website, it definitely feels even creepier. Still, the way I would wear it I feel like it could be kind of cool to just have some straps of leather and keys hanging out from below my jacket
That's about when they fell off everyone's radar because Skeletal Lamping and False Priest were garbage. maybe not all as bad as I remembered, but GOD are the low points low and not exactly memorable overall
But get this new one, Lousy With Sylvianbriar ASAP.
I got the previous one, Paralytic Stalks too, since I'd never given it chance and I'm actually liking it, but it's pretty out there
Many thanks. Will definitely pick it up.
I've got a Jiffy travel steamer that has treated me really well for about 3 years. it's this one:
Rad, I'll probably go with that one.
more shoes: can anyone recommend a good cobbler in seattle? i've used emerald city shoe repair for small stuff, but i need a re-sole on a pair of boots and i don't know if they're up for it
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 16 seconds ago
- › Sponge calf by A.testoni 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 minutes ago
- › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 24 minutes ago
- › 2015 50 Book Challenge 26 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 28 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 31 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan