Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 8/3/15 at 6:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:50 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5611post #84151 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84152 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:22pmMy metabolism basically stopped at 14, I was a chubby kid. Since then it's been a total rollercoaster, but I feel like as I age I've begun to understand my body a lot better, not to mention what kind of physical fitness it responds to best and how to eat properly/healthily. I have a feeling I'll be passably fit as an older adult because of this, maybe being fluffy at a young age was a hidden blessingpost #84153 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:44pmpost #84154 of 1090549/18/13 at 12:58amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
After reading so much shitty copy that are variations on: "This jacket will take you from day to night, from office to bar. It is a lesson in versatility. Try wearing it with some chinos and boat shoes for a laid back look", I have a new found appreciation for Yoox's straight forward styling and don't give a fuck, descriptions.
"Vest. Plain weave. Buttoned front. Long. Boning." - here it is on a guy wearing a white tee and some jeans.
We've been doing a lot of product videos for clients just to try step away from all the bullshit copy you see so often.post #84155 of 1090549/18/13 at 4:37ampost #84156 of 1090549/18/13 at 7:57ampost #84157 of 1090549/18/13 at 8:48aminterview with raf simons. he talks about love of art/curating, his childhood and the importance of feedback from customers
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2013/sep/19/raf-simons-christian-diorpost #84158 of 1090549/18/13 at 9:20ampost #84159 of 1090549/18/13 at 9:48amrelevant frank bruni editorial
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/opinion/bruni-hard-truths-about-our-soft-bodies.html?src=me&ref=generalpost #84160 of 1090549/18/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
relevant frank bruni editorial
This is absolutely on the ball.
That said, you are not going to be actually athletic unless you manage your diet *and* do some fairly intense exercise - the last of which is not as popular anywhere in the world as in North America. Here, we really get both extremes.
As for me personally, I'm not the fully muscled, no fat anywhere, guy that I was into my early 30s. My body looks like that of a average heavyweight fighter, but shrunken down 60-70 lbs or so. It's fairly muscular, but not cut or even lean.post #84161 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:32ampost #84162 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:33ampost #84163 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:50amWhen I was in high school, I was on Adderall and it killed my appetite so I would drink Carnation instant breakfast every morning to make up for what I wasn't eating during the day.
Anyway, I got up to 140 and my face was really fat.
Haha.post #84164 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:52ampost #84165 of 1090549/18/13 at 12:28pm
decent article but unfortunately this being the NYT he's pretty much preaching to the choir.
It's compounded by the fact that I live in car-centric Houston, but the obsession many people here have with portion size (and "getting their money's worth") always astounds me. And I feel like most restaurants/coffeeshops have no choice but to adhere to that mentality. I see fat people getting unhealthy/too much food all.the.time and I feel sad. But I'm an ex-fatty, so I'm super judgmental on the subject.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 12 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 12 minutes ago
- › Salesman, Construction Industry ~ Lost In My Own Closet 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...