Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5611post #84151 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #84152 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:22pmMy metabolism basically stopped at 14, I was a chubby kid. Since then it's been a total rollercoaster, but I feel like as I age I've begun to understand my body a lot better, not to mention what kind of physical fitness it responds to best and how to eat properly/healthily. I have a feeling I'll be passably fit as an older adult because of this, maybe being fluffy at a young age was a hidden blessingpost #84153 of 1090549/17/13 at 11:44pmpost #84154 of 1090549/18/13 at 12:58amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
After reading so much shitty copy that are variations on: "This jacket will take you from day to night, from office to bar. It is a lesson in versatility. Try wearing it with some chinos and boat shoes for a laid back look", I have a new found appreciation for Yoox's straight forward styling and don't give a fuck, descriptions.
"Vest. Plain weave. Buttoned front. Long. Boning." - here it is on a guy wearing a white tee and some jeans.
We've been doing a lot of product videos for clients just to try step away from all the bullshit copy you see so often.post #84155 of 1090549/18/13 at 4:37ampost #84156 of 1090549/18/13 at 7:57ampost #84157 of 1090549/18/13 at 8:48aminterview with raf simons. he talks about love of art/curating, his childhood and the importance of feedback from customers
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2013/sep/19/raf-simons-christian-diorpost #84158 of 1090549/18/13 at 9:20ampost #84159 of 1090549/18/13 at 9:48amrelevant frank bruni editorial
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/opinion/bruni-hard-truths-about-our-soft-bodies.html?src=me&ref=generalpost #84160 of 1090549/18/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
relevant frank bruni editorial
This is absolutely on the ball.
That said, you are not going to be actually athletic unless you manage your diet *and* do some fairly intense exercise - the last of which is not as popular anywhere in the world as in North America. Here, we really get both extremes.
As for me personally, I'm not the fully muscled, no fat anywhere, guy that I was into my early 30s. My body looks like that of a average heavyweight fighter, but shrunken down 60-70 lbs or so. It's fairly muscular, but not cut or even lean.post #84161 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:32ampost #84162 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:33ampost #84163 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:50amWhen I was in high school, I was on Adderall and it killed my appetite so I would drink Carnation instant breakfast every morning to make up for what I wasn't eating during the day.
Anyway, I got up to 140 and my face was really fat.
Haha.post #84164 of 1090549/18/13 at 11:52ampost #84165 of 1090549/18/13 at 12:28pm
decent article but unfortunately this being the NYT he's pretty much preaching to the choir.
It's compounded by the fact that I live in car-centric Houston, but the obsession many people here have with portion size (and "getting their money's worth") always astounds me. And I feel like most restaurants/coffeeshops have no choice but to adhere to that mentality. I see fat people getting unhealthy/too much food all.the.time and I feel sad. But I'm an ex-fatty, so I'm super judgmental on the subject.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The Fake Hate Crimes Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 10 minutes ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 12 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...