or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5607

post #84091 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

this is copywriting gold:

"Long. Boning".

Why, thank you. I debated putting that in, but in the end, I decided that it would appeal to my target demographic.
post #84092 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post


This is largely true: there is nothing you can say about a cotton t-shirt that will really help anyone want to buy it more*.

 

A Hanes, Fruit of the loom, or Gildan t can be gotten for under $3. A plain Gap t is $20. Banana - $32. Polo Pima cotton is $65. Granted, the mall-brand tees are pushed as being soft-washed, or whatever, and  the  Polo is pima cotton (!) but the t itself is not really pushed hard. There's no story behind it, unlike Everlane or AA. I'd assume people are paying these prices, as not every custy in the world is willing to wait until November to buy a t.

 

Quite obviously, some form of marketing enables retailers to charge what they do. The job is already done by the time the copy is written.

post #84093 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

This is a jacket, it looks fucking ace cause it's well designed and well made. Please pair with other cool clothes (like those we sell) or you'll look like a dork with a nice jacket and we wouldn't want that, would we?

if i ever wrote shit it would be somewhat similar to this
post #84094 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesealpha View Post
 

 

A Hanes, Fruit of the loom, or Gildan t can be gotten for under $3. A plain Gap t is $20. Banana - $32. Polo Pima cotton is $65. Granted, the mall-brand tees are pushed as being soft-washed, or whatever, and  the  Polo is pima cotton (!) but the t itself is not really pushed hard. There's no story behind it, unlike Everlane or AA. I'd assume people are paying these prices, as not every custy in the world is willing to wait until November to buy a t.

 

Quite obviously, some form of marketing enables retailers to charge what they do. The job is already done by the time the copy is written.

 

And a Rick double-layered tee is $425 retail this season.  This is why a brand is such a worthwhile commodity.
post #84095 of 102339
(I'd never buy it) My GF gave me a copy of GQ that she found left on the plane for shits and giggles and I just started flipping. It's been a while since I looked at one of these, but holy shit, the first 68, that's 68! goddamn pages were all ads. I mean WTF, I literally can't find any content in this magazine. I'm halfway though and have seen one page of advertisements poorly disguised as an article about 'versatile items' / must have seasonal items. Did men turn into women at one point? did I miss something? (nobody make Brad jokes here). Where's the beef?
post #84096 of 102339
Their favorite word is punch, punch up your outfit your room your bed. I wanna punch myself after reading that garbage.

I blame gq for morons going out in public wearing ties everywhere. I now regularly see clowns wearing bow ties all the time.
post #84097 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

Did men turn into women at one point? did I miss something? (nobody make Brad jokes here)

eat shit
post #84098 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

(I'd never buy it) My GF gave me a copy of GQ that she found left on the plane for shits and giggles and I just started flipping. It's been a while since I looked at one of these, but holy shit, the first 68, that's 68! goddamn pages were all ads. I mean WTF, I literally can't find any content in this magazine. I'm halfway though and have seen one page of advertisements poorly disguised as an article about 'versatile items' / must have seasonal items. Did men turn into women at one point? did I miss something? (nobody make Brad jokes here). Where's the beef?

Dude, the ads are the content.
post #84099 of 102339
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Their favorite word is punch, punch up your outfit your room your bed. I wanna punch myself after reading that garbage.

I blame gq for morons going out in public wearing ties everywhere. I now regularly see clowns wearing bow ties all the time.

don't forget the tie bars. and pocket squares. gq loves the fucking pocket squares. punch.
post #84100 of 102339

Step up yo bracelet game

post #84101 of 102339
post #84102 of 102339
it' almost jacket season and i didn't buy any new jackets. frown.gif
post #84103 of 102339
in reply to the post above me

post #84104 of 102339
post #84105 of 102339
Yesterday I enjoyed a pretty decent omakase while seated next to the most stereotypical fob couple: guy in a horizontal striped Abercrombie polo and the girl with a Gucci print shawl and two Chanel bags.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts