Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5591post #83851 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:25pmMoo, I wandered around the Languedoc a month or two ago in my flyknits and they were great for what I was doing (hiking, exploring, playing with wild boars (0)). They're really packable too, if you get the original one that doesn't have the lunar sole. Also, being totally serious - back when I wore Clarks DB's, I logged some serious miles in those things and always found them really comfortable. They'd be perfect for the temperature this time of year, too. You can wear with shorts or jeans. I always found them a useful shoe to have around, for whatever reason.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83852 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:31pmpost #83853 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
There's a bunch of different flyknit shoes. Flyknit frees are one kind (obviously on a free sole). There are also flyknit lunar 1s, flyknit trainers (the other one pictured above) and flyknit racers.post #83854 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:48pmpost #83855 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:52pmpost #83856 of 1090549/10/13 at 3:54pmpost #83857 of 1090549/10/13 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Moo, I wandered around the Languedoc a month or two ago in my flyknits and they were great for what I was doing (hiking, exploring, playing with wild boars (0)). They're really packable too, if you get the original one that doesn't have the lunar sole. Also, being totally serious - back when I wore Clarks DB's, I logged some serious miles in those things and always found them really comfortable. They'd be perfect for the temperature this time of year, too. You can wear with shorts or jeans. I always found them a useful shoe to have around, for whatever reason.
As soon as I read moo's post I was going to say Clarks DB (0)post #83858 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Hey guys, I am here once again looking for help
This week in school we're going to decide what we want to do as our "gymnasiearbete", which is basically a "course" that we choose ourselves and that we're each going to do on our own until february next year (which is when you should be done). We will also write a 10-20 page thesis with the framing of a question (which is the whole "reason" you're doing this work) and a report of the whole process and what results you achieved. Oh and you can only pass the assignment or fail it, no high or low grades, so as long as it is somewhat related to science/physics/biology/math and you do it well you're fine.
Right now I'm thinking:
"What ratios should be used for an optimal trebuchet, speaking in terms of velocity and distance of the projectile shot?" (=I'd build trebuchets and try them out)
But to be honest, I'd prefer doing something clothing/accesory-related, so, anyone happen to have any bright ideas for a "question"/"issue" that'd be both somewhat scientific and clothing-related?
(note: we're supposed to build/test/try stuff out and use that to come to conclusions, so can't just write some hypothetical question and be done with it)
Man, building trebuchets is very expensive. I had to make one for Honors physics in high school and it cost nearly $700 (split 4 ways, but still). Of course, ours had to be 8+ ft tall with at least 200 lbs of counterweight...post #83859 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:25pmpost #83860 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:37pmpost #83861 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:43pmno london, I wish. I don't think fok is too keen on paying $2k to send me to england for an interview. gonna be done through phone and email.
I've never found frees that comfortable for long walking, much prefer something on the lunar sole. lots of support.post #83862 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:45pmpost #83863 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
Dude, just buy one from Yoox. They go down to like $150 at the end of the seasonpost #83864 of 1090549/10/13 at 5:46pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 48 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › 10SEI0OTTO Reverse camel backzips 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett and Jones for Brooks Brothers Cordovan Boots and Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...