Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 12/7/16 at 12:54pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5591post #83851 of 1090539/10/13 at 3:31pmpost #83852 of 1090539/10/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
There's a bunch of different flyknit shoes. Flyknit frees are one kind (obviously on a free sole). There are also flyknit lunar 1s, flyknit trainers (the other one pictured above) and flyknit racers.post #83853 of 1090539/10/13 at 3:48pmpost #83854 of 1090539/10/13 at 3:52pmpost #83855 of 1090539/10/13 at 3:54pmpost #83856 of 1090539/10/13 at 4:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
Moo, I wandered around the Languedoc a month or two ago in my flyknits and they were great for what I was doing (hiking, exploring, playing with wild boars (0)). They're really packable too, if you get the original one that doesn't have the lunar sole. Also, being totally serious - back when I wore Clarks DB's, I logged some serious miles in those things and always found them really comfortable. They'd be perfect for the temperature this time of year, too. You can wear with shorts or jeans. I always found them a useful shoe to have around, for whatever reason.
As soon as I read moo's post I was going to say Clarks DB (0)post #83857 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Hey guys, I am here once again looking for help
This week in school we're going to decide what we want to do as our "gymnasiearbete", which is basically a "course" that we choose ourselves and that we're each going to do on our own until february next year (which is when you should be done). We will also write a 10-20 page thesis with the framing of a question (which is the whole "reason" you're doing this work) and a report of the whole process and what results you achieved. Oh and you can only pass the assignment or fail it, no high or low grades, so as long as it is somewhat related to science/physics/biology/math and you do it well you're fine.
Right now I'm thinking:
"What ratios should be used for an optimal trebuchet, speaking in terms of velocity and distance of the projectile shot?" (=I'd build trebuchets and try them out)
But to be honest, I'd prefer doing something clothing/accesory-related, so, anyone happen to have any bright ideas for a "question"/"issue" that'd be both somewhat scientific and clothing-related?
(note: we're supposed to build/test/try stuff out and use that to come to conclusions, so can't just write some hypothetical question and be done with it)
Man, building trebuchets is very expensive. I had to make one for Honors physics in high school and it cost nearly $700 (split 4 ways, but still). Of course, ours had to be 8+ ft tall with at least 200 lbs of counterweight...post #83858 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:25pmpost #83859 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:37pmpost #83860 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:43pmno london, I wish. I don't think fok is too keen on paying $2k to send me to england for an interview. gonna be done through phone and email.
I've never found frees that comfortable for long walking, much prefer something on the lunar sole. lots of support.post #83861 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:45pmpost #83862 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:45pmQuote:
Dude, just buy one from Yoox. They go down to like $150 at the end of the seasonpost #83863 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:46pmpost #83864 of 1090539/10/13 at 5:49pmpost #83865 of 1090539/10/13 at 6:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I, too, am looking for advice.
Heading to France for a couple of weeks, and need to make sure I have good walking shoes. None of my dress shoes or boots have been used for all day walking, so I am hesitant to rely on them for such activities 6000 miles from home. My regular errand/all day shoes at home are an old pair of Brooks running shoes, but they aren't really stylish (vomit) enough.
I am thinking... Flyknits in black/white? Will try those on tonight at Nordstrom.
Any other ideas?
I'd recommend bringing two pairs of shoes, particularly if one of them is going to be Nike Frees. Your feet will appreciate the variety (and in the case of the frees, the small muscles in your feet they're supposed to develop will appreciate the rest). I did two weeks in Japan in a pair of cowboy boots and a pair of chucks. My feet were pretty ok with the whole experience (although I've lived in cities for the past five or six years and have grown accustomed to walking pretty much everywhere).
Also, that feeling when you find something you've been looking for online at a really great price, buy it, and a couple hours later receive an 'order canceled' email.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 14 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...