gonna try to sell some stuff on B&S soon, so this convo has got me real excited about my prospects
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5579post #83671 of 1090549/5/13 at 1:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #83672 of 1090549/5/13 at 1:36pmpost #83673 of 1090549/5/13 at 1:38pmpost #83674 of 1090549/5/13 at 1:39pmI've got a bunch of stuff I want to put up on B&S when I get back from the Bahamas, but I'll only be around for 6 weeks. Mostly button down shirts, and a duffle. I haven't sold anything here in a while, but I'm not looking forward to the process of offloading everything. Always a hassle. I think i'm just going to list them at great prices, take good pictures, and then if people want them, great. If not, I already bought them; they're technically already a loss. I'm just trying to cut the loss a little bit.post #83675 of 1090549/5/13 at 2:17pmpost #83676 of 1090549/5/13 at 2:21pmPeople definitely buy according to price and not necessarily desirability (perhaps branding), I myself have no doubt shopped like this on numerous occasions. I feel like this is due to a number of factors:
1. People on here, especially the SW&D side, are not often loaded, and buying one piece means not buying another. Therefore lower priced items mean more bang for their buck.
2. Not having access to these items in real life means taking a total chance on sizing, construction, fabric, how it fits in with your wardrobe, condition, etc. The lower the price, the easier it may be to flip if it doesn't work out.
3. Everyone likes deals.post #83677 of 1090549/5/13 at 2:23pmi don't get sf's mentality of settling for less to maximize perceived value. buying one nice thing is better than buying 4 shitty things when you're trying to build a wardrobe. frankly, if you can shop on sf/sufu/sz/whatever, you're not THAT poor.post #83678 of 1090549/5/13 at 2:42pmpost #83679 of 1090549/5/13 at 3:13pmQuote:
I'm typically an M in EG tailored jackets (bedford, etc), and their slimmer cut shirts (tab collar, western). The two Needles pieces I own (a rebuild jacket and a shirt) I also have in an M, so the same size.
I think in my very limited experience, the standard Needles stuff tends to be cut narrower in the shoulder and wider in the body than EG. The rebuild pieces, well each piece is unique and I think it varies. I saw measurements for a rebuild mods parka where an xs would fit me, I've seen other pieces (like the fatigue shirt Inventory has) that look like they run small. My rebuild jacket fits me perfectly tts.
Nepenthes are pretty good at responding to emails I think, so probably best to contact them if you're interested in something and don't know how to size.post #83680 of 1090549/5/13 at 3:27pmpost #83681 of 1090549/5/13 at 3:35pmpost #83682 of 1090549/5/13 at 7:09pmIt's funny though, with the buy and sell being so slow I buy way less clothing. I phone Haven a couple weeks before i go there have the stuff shipped to the store (no charge) and try it on before I buy.
This way everything I buy fits great, and would only sell because I don't like it anymore.post #83683 of 1090549/5/13 at 8:15pmpost #83684 of 1090549/5/13 at 9:12pmpost #83685 of 1090549/5/13 at 10:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Since I was born in Cuba I can't vacation there and enjoy it fully. I feel like shit staying at a "5 Star Hotel" while the family is mixing powder for milk. If you go to Cuba just enjoy it look at the 50's era cars still running with makeshift everything, clear and untouched beaches (shores are plentiful in lobsters etc since they are off limits) tropical drinks, and the hospitality. I met plenty Canadians while I was there and they looked like they did not want to leave...ever
I'm at a point where I don't want to visit anywhere else in the world and just drift around the Caribbean for a couple months at a time until I touch every island and cay
Jet, I'd say come down to the MIA, stay at the Delano
Good advice for travel anywhere IMO
I don't really get why people stay in super expensive places abroad, especially when you can easily hook up an apartment these days online
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 9 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 10 minutes ago
- › Acne Snake Razor Black Jeans Sz 32 12 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...