you 30-somethings are the pesky kids!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5520
Styleforum Top Picks
i am easily old enough ( late 30s...) . crossing over these imaginary thresholds is quite liberating though, you realise you don't have to care.
i guess i'm lucky in that i, and most people i know, don't have to fit into some internalised corporate vision of age-appropriateness
That is lucky! If I'm remembering London correctly, peeps there are somewhat more adventurous, too. Here, even the straight-up libertines still dress like the MC casual thread.
I'd read about it a little before but hadn't seen any pics that I can remember. Seemed a little gimmicky in theory but the actual garments are surprisingly good (it's surprising to me at least).
On a related note, I've never really found an emotional connection to Margiela, OG or 2.0. Conceptually it was really fascinating, but it's not really my thing. The 70s influence that turned up in a lot of the men's stuff kept me at a distance. Not to mention that by the time I was paying attention to fashion he was already out the door.
edit: 30+ club here, too. got my hair cut yesterday and barber asked me if I'd ever considered dyeing my hair since I have so much gray.
Pictures from before 1999 or so are pretty tough to find. Here are a few more:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the men's, the whole idea behind the replica pieces was that something 20, 30, or 100 years old that still looked good today would probably still look good tomorrow, too. It's a pretty simple concept, basically scouting out the best vintage pieces around the world and beefing up the quality and tailoring, but it works. For the same reason, it's really easy to mix with whatever else you have in your closet, and you end up with this sort of vintage-y but current look.
I don't really buy anything current because I think it's pretty overpriced for what you get for the most part.
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
that's a fantastic interview
What, a 13 year engineer, I have been wasting my life, by getting drunk and hitting on girls.
Edited by Find Finn - 8/20/13 at 1:43pm
- Random fashion thoughts
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 26 seconds ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...