you 30-somethings are the pesky kids!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5520post #82786 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82787 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:36ampost #82788 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i am easily old enough ( late 30s...) . crossing over these imaginary thresholds is quite liberating though, you realise you don't have to care.
i guess i'm lucky in that i, and most people i know, don't have to fit into some internalised corporate vision of age-appropriateness
That is lucky! If I'm remembering London correctly, peeps there are somewhat more adventurous, too. Here, even the straight-up libertines still dress like the MC casual thread.post #82789 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:46ampost #82790 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:49ampost #82791 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
I'd read about it a little before but hadn't seen any pics that I can remember. Seemed a little gimmicky in theory but the actual garments are surprisingly good (it's surprising to me at least).
On a related note, I've never really found an emotional connection to Margiela, OG or 2.0. Conceptually it was really fascinating, but it's not really my thing. The 70s influence that turned up in a lot of the men's stuff kept me at a distance. Not to mention that by the time I was paying attention to fashion he was already out the door.
edit: 30+ club here, too. got my hair cut yesterday and barber asked me if I'd ever considered dyeing my hair since I have so much gray.
Pictures from before 1999 or so are pretty tough to find. Here are a few more:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the men's, the whole idea behind the replica pieces was that something 20, 30, or 100 years old that still looked good today would probably still look good tomorrow, too. It's a pretty simple concept, basically scouting out the best vintage pieces around the world and beefing up the quality and tailoring, but it works. For the same reason, it's really easy to mix with whatever else you have in your closet, and you end up with this sort of vintage-y but current look.
I don't really buy anything current because I think it's pretty overpriced for what you get for the most part.post #82792 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:58ampost #82793 of 1090548/20/13 at 10:14am
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-manofkent/post #82794 of 1090548/20/13 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
that's a fantastic interviewpost #82795 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:12pmpost #82796 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:24pmpost #82797 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:39pmpost #82798 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:39pmThis one guy always came into class lab drunk and one time he threatened our 16 year old TA to beat her up for asking him to leave. The TA was so shaken that when the campus police finally came and took him away she broke down and cried under the desk.. I swear every single 'Chad' I met have been such assholespost #82799 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:43pmpost #82800 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
What, a 13 year engineer, I have been wasting my life, by getting drunk and hitting on girls.
Edited by Find Finn - 8/20/13 at 1:43pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Missing posters 14 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?