I'm 100% sure Man of Kent is over 50.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5520post #82787 of 1090538/20/13 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i am easily old enough ( late 30s...) . crossing over these imaginary thresholds is quite liberating though, you realise you don't have to care.
i guess i'm lucky in that i, and most people i know, don't have to fit into some internalised corporate vision of age-appropriateness
That is lucky! If I'm remembering London correctly, peeps there are somewhat more adventurous, too. Here, even the straight-up libertines still dress like the MC casual thread.post #82788 of 1090538/20/13 at 9:46ampost #82789 of 1090538/20/13 at 9:49ampost #82790 of 1090538/20/13 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
I'd read about it a little before but hadn't seen any pics that I can remember. Seemed a little gimmicky in theory but the actual garments are surprisingly good (it's surprising to me at least).
On a related note, I've never really found an emotional connection to Margiela, OG or 2.0. Conceptually it was really fascinating, but it's not really my thing. The 70s influence that turned up in a lot of the men's stuff kept me at a distance. Not to mention that by the time I was paying attention to fashion he was already out the door.
edit: 30+ club here, too. got my hair cut yesterday and barber asked me if I'd ever considered dyeing my hair since I have so much gray.
Pictures from before 1999 or so are pretty tough to find. Here are a few more:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the men's, the whole idea behind the replica pieces was that something 20, 30, or 100 years old that still looked good today would probably still look good tomorrow, too. It's a pretty simple concept, basically scouting out the best vintage pieces around the world and beefing up the quality and tailoring, but it works. For the same reason, it's really easy to mix with whatever else you have in your closet, and you end up with this sort of vintage-y but current look.
I don't really buy anything current because I think it's pretty overpriced for what you get for the most part.post #82791 of 1090538/20/13 at 9:58ampost #82792 of 1090538/20/13 at 10:14am
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-manofkent/post #82793 of 1090538/20/13 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
that's a fantastic interviewpost #82794 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:12pmpost #82795 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:24pmpost #82796 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:39pmpost #82797 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:39pmThis one guy always came into class lab drunk and one time he threatened our 16 year old TA to beat her up for asking him to leave. The TA was so shaken that when the campus police finally came and took him away she broke down and cried under the desk.. I swear every single 'Chad' I met have been such assholespost #82798 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:43pmpost #82799 of 1090538/20/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
What, a 13 year engineer, I have been wasting my life, by getting drunk and hitting on girls.
Edited by Find Finn - 8/20/13 at 1:43pmpost #82800 of 1090538/20/13 at 1:08pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 27 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 29 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 38 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 44 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 58 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...