you 30-somethings are the pesky kids!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:19 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5520post #82786 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82787 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:36ampost #82788 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:38amQuote:Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
i am easily old enough ( late 30s...) . crossing over these imaginary thresholds is quite liberating though, you realise you don't have to care.
i guess i'm lucky in that i, and most people i know, don't have to fit into some internalised corporate vision of age-appropriateness
That is lucky! If I'm remembering London correctly, peeps there are somewhat more adventurous, too. Here, even the straight-up libertines still dress like the MC casual thread.post #82789 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:46ampost #82790 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:49ampost #82791 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
I'd read about it a little before but hadn't seen any pics that I can remember. Seemed a little gimmicky in theory but the actual garments are surprisingly good (it's surprising to me at least).
On a related note, I've never really found an emotional connection to Margiela, OG or 2.0. Conceptually it was really fascinating, but it's not really my thing. The 70s influence that turned up in a lot of the men's stuff kept me at a distance. Not to mention that by the time I was paying attention to fashion he was already out the door.
edit: 30+ club here, too. got my hair cut yesterday and barber asked me if I'd ever considered dyeing my hair since I have so much gray.
Pictures from before 1999 or so are pretty tough to find. Here are a few more:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
As for the men's, the whole idea behind the replica pieces was that something 20, 30, or 100 years old that still looked good today would probably still look good tomorrow, too. It's a pretty simple concept, basically scouting out the best vintage pieces around the world and beefing up the quality and tailoring, but it works. For the same reason, it's really easy to mix with whatever else you have in your closet, and you end up with this sort of vintage-y but current look.
I don't really buy anything current because I think it's pretty overpriced for what you get for the most part.post #82792 of 1090548/20/13 at 9:58ampost #82793 of 1090548/20/13 at 10:14am
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
http://www.keikari.com/english/interview-with-manofkent/post #82794 of 1090548/20/13 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Find Finn
Well, I was a 100% wrong, 15 years and that's me.
that's a fantastic interviewpost #82795 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:12pmpost #82796 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:24pmpost #82797 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:39pmpost #82798 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:39pmThis one guy always came into class lab drunk and one time he threatened our 16 year old TA to beat her up for asking him to leave. The TA was so shaken that when the campus police finally came and took him away she broke down and cried under the desk.. I swear every single 'Chad' I met have been such assholespost #82799 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:43pmpost #82800 of 1090548/20/13 at 12:51pmQuote:
What, a 13 year engineer, I have been wasting my life, by getting drunk and hitting on girls.
Edited by Find Finn - 8/20/13 at 1:43pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › nike air max norge 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › nike air force 1 low dames 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...