Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5511post #82651 of 1090548/17/13 at 7:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82652 of 1090548/17/13 at 8:26pmif I washed (washing machine) some black waxed jawns (I know, I know) and they've sort of lost that sheen... will it get leather/shiny again with time or do I need to rewax them?
I did some reading around and somebody said apply Otter wax, anyone tried it?post #82653 of 1090548/17/13 at 11:30pmpost #82654 of 1090548/17/13 at 11:54pmQuote:
yeah, my mom made a sound like she was choking when she found out how much my new denim cost winter before last (somet 003s)post #82655 of 1090548/18/13 at 12:25ampost #82656 of 1090548/18/13 at 5:53ampost #82657 of 1090548/18/13 at 7:29ampost #82658 of 1090548/18/13 at 8:12ampost #82659 of 1090548/18/13 at 8:23ampost #82660 of 1090548/18/13 at 8:25ampost #82661 of 1090548/18/13 at 8:44ampost #82662 of 1090548/18/13 at 9:07am
Just got through hot soaking 2 pair of raw denim. Tellason (14.5 oz cone sanforized denim) and Outclass (about the same weight, dunno the mill, most likely sanforized).
30 minutes in the sink, rinse with cold water. Line dry.
Both pairs went down a size, which is fine, because I bought them a little loose.
The soaking water was disgusting, especially for the Outclass jeans. My hands were sticky afterwards, and not in a good way.
So, in summation, buying jeans a size up (maybe even two, if the denim is loosely woven and unsanforized) and hot soaking them is all kinds of good.post #82663 of 1090548/18/13 at 9:16ampost #82664 of 1090548/18/13 at 9:38amQuote:
It depends on the denim/wax. I've had a pair of Givenchy's get leathery again after like 4 washes. Most others became dull after the first. Where them a little and if they dont just rewax them.post #82665 of 1090548/18/13 at 10:14amQuote:
IME they'll get waxy again (I had nudies)
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 54 seconds ago
- › Vicuna Topcoat? 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Help for a gift! 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?