Gdl starting his own shop with some help from Parker/Bows/dieworkwear. Interesting to see if any SW&D type stuff will make it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5507post #82591 of 1090538/15/13 at 10:28pmpost #82592 of 1090538/15/13 at 11:05pmQuote:
RRL has a dark green pair this fall that is quite nice, officer cut
Left fields japanese twill green has a really nice hand but fit is straight and not taperedpost #82593 of 1090538/15/13 at 11:28pmpost #82594 of 1090538/15/13 at 11:28pmpost #82595 of 1090538/16/13 at 12:21amQuote:Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
Does anyone here wear glasses that aren't black, tortoise, or another "standard" color as an everyday thing? Does it make coordinating outfits more difficult? Do you ever get tired of seeing it on your face? I kinda want a pair of olive frames. Would likely get the same / similar shape to what I have now, though.
I've been thinking of getting clear framespost #82596 of 1090538/16/13 at 12:33amQuote:
Yeah basic ones should be $185 but that one isn't that dark green. There's a pair that's not online yet but it's in stores, just call and ask for the 9.4oz herringbone ones. I think price was $220 for the pair will be on sale for pink ponypost #82597 of 1090538/16/13 at 4:15amQuote:
That sounds supercool, and with gdl, parker AND bows atleast some SW&D stuff has to make it, no?post #82598 of 1090538/16/13 at 5:37ampost #82599 of 1090538/16/13 at 6:32ampost #82600 of 1090538/16/13 at 7:35am
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by jet
you know i been toying with doing a basics clothing line ie tees, jeans, simple button ups and knits, i have the connections and it can be done in LA
maybe some day, would be nice if regular peeps could walk into a nordstrom and find something they actually need and would wear instead of all the current garbage they sell
John Elliott straight-hem U-neck tees. They're perfect, I'd own a ton if they weren't 60 bucks, and I think both of you are roughly the same proportions as me (get a L). Both the 50/50 cotton/modal and the straight cotton feel really nice and are thick enough to take a beating.
They appear to be out of stock though.post #82601 of 1090538/16/13 at 7:42am"Celebrating its centenary this year, Schott NYC has inked a lease for a retail store at 236 Elizabeth Street in New York, blocks from the Lower East Side building where the company was originally founded. The 1,800-square-foot store is slated to open in October and will carry a full range of outerwear, including the brand’s legendary Perfecto motorcycle jacket, as well as a more recently launched sportswear line. Still owned and operated by the third and fourth generations of the Schott family, the company has not operated a store in New York since the Forties, apart from a pop-up shop on Mercer Street last fall. International licensees operate four Schott NYC stores in Japan and two in France."
also, from that Vogue piece on Hedi
"Slimane does not like many of the fabrics available to designers today—he thinks they're cheap and generic and don't sit right—so he often commissions his own, harking back to the specialty weaves of the sixties and seventies. He believes strongly in the "patina" of wear. (For this reason, he never allows a new men's shoe on the runway.) Many people were aghast, a few months ago, when it was reported that a nineties-inspired baby-doll dress from Slimane's fall women's line retailed for $68,000. Few realized that the price was a function of the hundreds of hours of tailoring involved. "What people didn't see in the grunge was that literally 40 percent of the pieces were handmade in the old atelier," Slimane says, done to the highest haute-couture standards."
I can understand wanting to make really high-quality pieces, but the dress still seems nowhere near worth that price tag. If you have Ferrari recreate a Honda Civic with the finest engineering and manufacturing available, they can produce one incredibly expensive take on the Civic. So if you want the best take on the Civic ever maybe it's worth it to you, but wouldn't you rather spend the money on Ferrari's best take on a Ferrari? Seems like a waste of effort for a baby doll dress.post #82602 of 1090538/16/13 at 8:02ampost #82603 of 1090538/16/13 at 9:26amQuote:Quote:
Yes, there are some things that cross-over tailored and casual, as well as things that more firmly into the SW&D world. As you guys have probably noticed, I don't believe in those high walls between tailored clothing and more casual offerings.
@ NAMOR - I started our affiliate thread on the MC side (had to pick one). I don't know if it's kosher to post links (I'm new to this affiliate thing... )post #82604 of 1090538/16/13 at 9:53amI'm going to post it then.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/358758/no-man-walks-alone-official-affiliate-threadpost #82605 of 1090538/16/13 at 10:11amQuote:Quote:
Both the Thurston Bros and No Man Walks Alone stores are and should be cool. The big difference between Thurston and ToJ is that ToJ is sorta a fashion startup, and is really about fashion (lambskin, varsities, etc...) and Thurston Bros is a legit motorcycle gear shop. The lightest leather available from Aero, from fashion jackets, are as heavy as a the heaviest that Drew would have carried. If you are in RRL, or want a leather that you can really break in and live hard in, Aero is a better choice than ToJ. The fits are also dialed in, just because Aero has been around so long. However, the designs are pretty much what they are. It's good, in a way, because most MTO where there are too many options end up looking mediocre to terrible, unless the maker really works with you, and you are lucky. I mean, designers go throught tons of samples of original pieces to get things right. I expect that that's one of the many reasons Drew decided to not do just any options. To expect to get things right the first time is nearly impossible. I am going to get a blue cafe racer from them.
Aero and Vanson have always done MTO. The real difference is that Thurston Bros. has a MTO allotment with Aero, which means that you get your jacket in 5-7 weeks, as opposed to 4 months. For me, that's critical. I am going to get a blue cafe racer from them.
NMWA should be cool. I chatted with Greg about his stock, and I think that it will surprise you. It's not CM in the way, say, The Armoury is (i.e. great for that demographic, but not with that much that I need or want to buy for myself.) There is a lot of that as well, of course.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 28 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 35 seconds ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply Havana 34R Hopsack Sport Coat 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...