Yahoo auctions woes. I hate it when you're clearly bidding against another proxy user. You know there's some element in pride for winning the auction. And that damn auction timer keeps adding five minutes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5494post #82397 of 1090538/10/13 at 8:19ampost #82398 of 1090538/10/13 at 9:04ampost #82399 of 1090538/10/13 at 9:24amQuote:Originally Posted by onbooze
I find myself in a funny trajectory w.r.t. my wardrobe...
I have a pretty good consistent outfit of blocked colors and clean lines.
I mostly wear white (sometime heather gray or navy) pocket T-shirts or white button-down shirts.
Natural leather belt.
Blue crewneck sweater when chillier.
I got dressed this morning and realized I had worn this every day this week. I had swapped out jackets and shoe-wear depending on context and my feelings of the day.
And now online I'm always looking... for white pocket shirts, and black pants.
I wonder if my wardrobe will end up being something like 10 pairs of black pants, all with subtle differences. I have two pairs of black uniqlo chinos, a pair of black outlier climbers, uniqlo black denim... and now I want these pants.
Call it a variation on a theme. I'm enjoying it.
kind of a shitty beach day though?post #82400 of 1090538/10/13 at 9:27amQuote:
Not really surprising as shopping releases the same chemicals cocaine does - buy clothing, get dopamine surge, dopamine wears off, feel need to buy more clothing...post #82401 of 1090538/10/13 at 9:31ampost #82402 of 1090538/10/13 at 3:20pmat what point does your tailor's homophobia and racism become too offensive to maintain employing him to work on your stuff....getting into a yelling match with old armenians(it's the cradle of civilisation don't you know?) is futile, i saypost #82403 of 1090538/10/13 at 3:34pmQuote:
You can't just post this kind of thing without a story, you knowpost #82404 of 1090538/10/13 at 3:49pmQuote:
why can't people have their own opinions?
he's your tailor, not your fucking life coachpost #82405 of 1090538/10/13 at 3:55pmpost #82406 of 1090538/10/13 at 3:55pmhahaha
dude is Armenian/middle eastern - always has to "educate" me on history and where I "come from" and basically tells me how dumb Canadians are and ignorant and shit like that. and that basically, because he seems to think he's more genetically closer to what he thinks of as the birthplace of civilisation (Armenia) that he's better than people, and has to educate people - you're not Canadian, you're caucasian! from the Caucasus! (I'm Czech/Indian descent so i look like one of his people so he likes that).
Same arguments all the time, but the conversation steered into politics and China/Russia and impending doom of the world (according to him)...I stupidly mentioned Russia and Putin and his insane homosexuality laws (stupidly because I know this guy is Orthodox Christian). He basically went on about how gays are the worst and should die and how awesome Putin is...I got really mad and into a yelling match with him...packed up my spandex I wanted made into pants and was about to leave....he made peace somewhat so we shook hands and bullshitted some more about stuff like humans as animals (guy contradicts himself all the time, but you can't point that out to an old man set in his ways (I said he was brainwashed and you should have seen his face) ) - he's still going to make my pants but I left disgruntled...
edit: Basically what I'm saying is: how much slack do you guys cut people just because you "know where they're coming from"? I.e. you know how their culture has conditioned them and you can kind of explain how they've come to those stupid-ass ideas...how far does "I see where you're coming from" (understanding the reasoning behind shit) mitigate the shitty parts of a person's personality? I mean, he does good work...post #82407 of 1090538/10/13 at 5:05pmpost #82408 of 1090538/10/13 at 5:07pmpost #82409 of 1090538/10/13 at 5:22pmpost #82410 of 1090538/10/13 at 5:33pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 36 seconds ago
- › What is the best selvage with similar fit to jcrew 484 with no... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 2017 50 Book Challenge 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 15 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...