Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5487post #82291 of 1090538/5/13 at 11:29pmpost #82292 of 1090538/6/13 at 3:39ampost #82293 of 1090538/6/13 at 3:47ampost #82294 of 1090538/6/13 at 3:48ampost #82295 of 1090538/6/13 at 6:20amQuote:Originally Posted by fishbones
POPEYE is starting, and has been for awhile now in its descent into Japanese-Americana.
The older issues of POPEYE in 2012 was focused on a lot of Japanese street-style snaps, but now has gone to the American "city-boy" aesthetic full-on.
I own a very extensive and up-to-date collection of magazines so below are my thoughts.
CoolTrans: Pretty great editorials and piece snaps. Streetwear kind of feel but doesn't over-do it.
StreetJack: Personally I stopped getting this because it got repetitive, but this focuses on Japanese "street"-snaps. (Usually styled or re-styled)
MEN'S NON-NO: An essential. Great editorials and views on individual pieces. Also they've been including a lot of American street-snaps as well.
Men's FUDGE: Usually some great coordinates in this magazine. Haven't really picked up a lot of this magazine though. Only own a few issues.
カジカジ (cazi-cazi): Another focus on street-snaps. Stopped getting this magazine awhile ago but still good.
2nd: Hit or miss with these issues, but generally streetwear/bit of Americana now.
To follow up on fishbones post, when you're inside the actual Kinokuniya store there is a rack that will have all of the Japanese men's fashion magazines of all kinds, and almost every single one of them can be scanned through while you're there. So just poke around and see what you like. (there will be lots of back-issues too). Other interesting ones I know they carry are TUNE (all streetstyle) and OUTDOOR STYLE GO OUT (exactly what it sounds like). They also have some western fashion magazines like New Order and others. In the middle of the store there is a big display rack that will have all of the Free and Easy and Lightning and spinoffs of those / hardcore Americana stuff, but don't be mislead by that. The main men's rack is to the right after you walk past the registers. You'll find it.
Also, there is always this option: http://www.magazinecafestore.com/popeye-magazine.html#.UgD3bm37atUpost #82296 of 1090538/6/13 at 6:26ampost #82297 of 1090538/6/13 at 7:23ampost #82298 of 1090538/6/13 at 7:44amI was going to lunch with my mother during the weekend on the way there, I had to drop by a sneaker shop, to look at a pair of sneakers, we go in and I do a quick look around the shop to see if they have some other things I want.
While I do that my mother spots a pair of Nike's she like's and asks to try them on, when the employee returns it turns out, it's the exact pair I was going to buy, so now I have to wait and see if she gets them before I buy a pair, just so we don't end up looking like twins.post #82299 of 1090538/6/13 at 8:24ampost #82300 of 1090538/6/13 at 8:40ampost #82301 of 1090538/6/13 at 8:46amthe best pieces are the ones you wear for years talking about same shirt and same pants for 5 years almost everyday. like this dude always wear the same thing status around town then the day you actually dress really nice everyone is like HOLLA BACK let me kop a feel.post #82302 of 1090538/6/13 at 9:02ampost #82303 of 1090538/6/13 at 10:01ampost #82304 of 1090538/6/13 at 11:25ampost #82305 of 1090538/6/13 at 11:56am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › What Shoe Should I get next? 33 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 42 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Long Sleeved Light Blue Silk Men's Shirt 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding