also, MAC on Grove Street. and/or just walk up and down Hayes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5480post #82186 of 1090548/2/13 at 9:41am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82187 of 1090548/2/13 at 9:49ampost #82188 of 1090548/2/13 at 9:49ampost #82189 of 1090548/2/13 at 9:54ampost #82190 of 1090548/2/13 at 10:27ampost #82191 of 1090548/2/13 at 10:32am
So to follow up on all the Epaulet GAT comments, someone in the Epaulet thread asked a few days earlier about whether it belonged here or in MC (CM, whatever). Mike wrote out a pretty long response but I know a lot of people don't read the Epaulet thread regularly so I'm wondering what you think:Quote:Originally Posted by EpauletQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Mike - a quick question.
I've noticed generally a few "misplaced" threads on SF - ie, the Alden thread under SW+D as opposed to MC, where one might think it was more appropriately classified.
Myself being still relatively new to the brand, you guys are here amongst the SW+D threads, but particularly in the last year have expanded to include a lot of MC-type products - almost to the point that many of us here think of Epaulet first for trousers, suiting, and fine footwear as opposed to more traditional streetwear attire.
Could you shed a bit of light on how your brand has changed focus since it started? (under the assumption that it actually has)
Haha, this is a great question! I've actually had this conversation with Fok (user La Guy) on a few occasions.
Styleforum as a whole has changed a lot over the past few years. I've been a member since 2008. The incongruity of Alden and (some) Epaulet items on Streetwear and Denim is - I believe - mostly due to "Streetwear and Denim" being a bit misleading as a current section name.
Back in '08, there was a lot more discussion of actual streetwear items - things like graphic t-shirts and hoodies - going on in this area. Lot of talk about Dior jeans, A.P.C, designer sneakers, and Clarks Desert Boots. The Alden thread matched this in its early days by largely dealing with boots, chukkas, longwings, Indy's, etc. It spoke very well to the denim-head culture, and you'd read about Aldens on other streetwear sites like Superfuture and Hypebeast.
We started out with more of a streetwear focus than we have now. Our shirts were our first in-house product, and they were all done in casual fabrics. The trousers, chinos, and jeans followed. We didn't start with tailored clothing until 2010. And all of my early Aldens were skewed toward the casual side. Actually, if you go back to the early pages in this thread, it's kind of a trip to read! It's cool how supportive everyone was, especially given that we were a tiny single shop in Brooklyn with no employees and a collection of five shirts. This site has always been so good to us.
I still feel very much at home in the SW&D section, and I couldn't imagine our thread relocating to MC. Even with all of the formal stuff that we're doing (Southwick, Samuelsohn, Vass), we'll also introduce a lot of casual pieces that you wouldn't see from a typical MC dealer. We're launching sneakers next week, bringing in horsehide motorcycle jackets, bringing back selvedge 5-pocket jeans, launching a line of Japanese cloth Rivet Chinos, developing denim and chambray shirts, etc. And part of our LA expansion is gaining the ability to develop this side more. LA has the biggest garment district in the country, and you can make great denim-ish items and garment-dyed pieces there.
Epaulet is very much a lifestyle store for our customers, and it's one of the things that we're really proud of. When you look through the fit pics here, you see a huge diversity of looks, and you see guys pulling off MC style perfectly but also wearing things like sneakers and shorts and tees. Rather than limiting our brand to one look, it's exciting to source diverse products from a range of makers and see it through our lens of quality, pricing, fit, and consistency. Besides, I'm way too ADD to ever stick to just one look. I have to bounce around and search out the next thing at all times.
So, after that long-winded reply, yes we changed our style quite a bit and will continue to develop it according to our customers tastes and what they're interested in. And "Streetwear and Denim" could probably stand to be renamed, but no one (including me) has come up with a better title for it. I guess that the name is kind of a tradition at this pointpost #82192 of 1090548/2/13 at 10:52ampost #82193 of 1090548/2/13 at 11:22ampost #82194 of 1090548/2/13 at 11:39ampost #82195 of 1090548/2/13 at 12:04pm
I have realized that I finally like GATs. When I first saw them, I thought they looked pretty weird, that they look like in-door training shoes due to the sole, and I didn't think the gray suede looked "necessary".
But they look really good, and they look so much better worn than in stock pics.post #82196 of 1090548/2/13 at 12:55pmpost #82197 of 1090548/2/13 at 1:19pmpost #82198 of 1090548/2/13 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
am I mistaken in thinking that boy by band of outsiders is a women's line? always thought it was. if so, yoox never got the memo Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the model must have been wondering why the pants fit so funny...
They've also had FWK engineered garmentspost #82199 of 1090548/2/13 at 1:33pmpost #82200 of 1090548/2/13 at 1:35pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 15 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 30 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Futura Laboratories Cotton Drizzler Bomber Jacket $495 Lightweight L 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.