also, MAC on Grove Street. and/or just walk up and down Hayes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5480
Styleforum Top Picks
So to follow up on all the Epaulet GAT comments, someone in the Epaulet thread asked a few days earlier about whether it belonged here or in MC (CM, whatever). Mike wrote out a pretty long response but I know a lot of people don't read the Epaulet thread regularly so I'm wondering what you think:
Mike - a quick question.
I've noticed generally a few "misplaced" threads on SF - ie, the Alden thread under SW+D as opposed to MC, where one might think it was more appropriately classified.
Myself being still relatively new to the brand, you guys are here amongst the SW+D threads, but particularly in the last year have expanded to include a lot of MC-type products - almost to the point that many of us here think of Epaulet first for trousers, suiting, and fine footwear as opposed to more traditional streetwear attire.
Could you shed a bit of light on how your brand has changed focus since it started? (under the assumption that it actually has)
Haha, this is a great question! I've actually had this conversation with Fok (user La Guy) on a few occasions.
Styleforum as a whole has changed a lot over the past few years. I've been a member since 2008. The incongruity of Alden and (some) Epaulet items on Streetwear and Denim is - I believe - mostly due to "Streetwear and Denim" being a bit misleading as a current section name.
Back in '08, there was a lot more discussion of actual streetwear items - things like graphic t-shirts and hoodies - going on in this area. Lot of talk about Dior jeans, A.P.C, designer sneakers, and Clarks Desert Boots. The Alden thread matched this in its early days by largely dealing with boots, chukkas, longwings, Indy's, etc. It spoke very well to the denim-head culture, and you'd read about Aldens on other streetwear sites like Superfuture and Hypebeast.
We started out with more of a streetwear focus than we have now. Our shirts were our first in-house product, and they were all done in casual fabrics. The trousers, chinos, and jeans followed. We didn't start with tailored clothing until 2010. And all of my early Aldens were skewed toward the casual side. Actually, if you go back to the early pages in this thread, it's kind of a trip to read! It's cool how supportive everyone was, especially given that we were a tiny single shop in Brooklyn with no employees and a collection of five shirts. This site has always been so good to us.
I still feel very much at home in the SW&D section, and I couldn't imagine our thread relocating to MC. Even with all of the formal stuff that we're doing (Southwick, Samuelsohn, Vass), we'll also introduce a lot of casual pieces that you wouldn't see from a typical MC dealer. We're launching sneakers next week, bringing in horsehide motorcycle jackets, bringing back selvedge 5-pocket jeans, launching a line of Japanese cloth Rivet Chinos, developing denim and chambray shirts, etc. And part of our LA expansion is gaining the ability to develop this side more. LA has the biggest garment district in the country, and you can make great denim-ish items and garment-dyed pieces there.
Epaulet is very much a lifestyle store for our customers, and it's one of the things that we're really proud of. When you look through the fit pics here, you see a huge diversity of looks, and you see guys pulling off MC style perfectly but also wearing things like sneakers and shorts and tees. Rather than limiting our brand to one look, it's exciting to source diverse products from a range of makers and see it through our lens of quality, pricing, fit, and consistency. Besides, I'm way too ADD to ever stick to just one look. I have to bounce around and search out the next thing at all times.
So, after that long-winded reply, yes we changed our style quite a bit and will continue to develop it according to our customers tastes and what they're interested in. And "Streetwear and Denim" could probably stand to be renamed, but no one (including me) has come up with a better title for it. I guess that the name is kind of a tradition at this point
I have realized that I finally like GATs. When I first saw them, I thought they looked pretty weird, that they look like in-door training shoes due to the sole, and I didn't think the gray suede looked "necessary".
But they look really good, and they look so much better worn than in stock pics.
am I mistaken in thinking that boy by band of outsiders is a women's line? always thought it was. if so, yoox never got the memo Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the model must have been wondering why the pants fit so funny...
They've also had FWK engineered garments
- Random fashion thoughts
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 2 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 3 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › For Sale: JOHNSON Leathers Custom Leather Jacket - Best for a US44... 6 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 8 minutes ago
- › [[LOVE]] MARRIAGE E x p e r T(( +91-9799005597)) VaShIKArAN... 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...