Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5473post #82081 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82082 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:16pmpost #82083 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:24pmpost #82084 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:28pm
I know Acne as a design firm / ad agency. One day I saw jeans with their logo and thought "hmm, they actually did it". I've always heard (graphic) designers talk about creating their own products vs. just providing services for clients, but very few actually carry out their ideas, let alone succeed.post #82085 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:56pmWow, surprised about Acne. Parker can you explain a bit on what they do as an ad agency and "providing services for clients" -- I could pm if this clutters the thread
Sidenote: going to be on a loong style stagnation since tuition is extra expensive this year, almost can't attend haha
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?post #82086 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master Milano
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.post #82087 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:40pmpost #82088 of 1090547/30/13 at 9:50pmpost #82089 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:07pmpost #82090 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:53pmpost #82091 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:54pmQuote:
Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.post #82092 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:28pmQuote:
Pretty sure I posted those originally in the TOJ thread. I was there. The phrase I used the most that night was "that shit don't even make sense." Needless to say, I took full advantage of the open bar.
Looking forward to next year.post #82093 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:55pmpost #82094 of 1090547/31/13 at 12:49ampost #82095 of 1090547/31/13 at 2:22amQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.
Thanks for the advice! It'll be a while till I get a chance to see them so it's just worrying at this point (no email responses either). Glad it went well for you and you have nice jawnz now so its all goodQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.
Thanks! I just finished reading it -- got a lot more respect for Acne despite not really liking a majority of their clothes. Amazing how they started from scratch pretty much to 100 mil turnover - wonder what the profit margins are like haha
also i think that was a women's footwear sizing chart
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 37 seconds ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › CHIPP WInston Tailors COAT LENGTH TWEED CLOTH 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NEW IN BOX HANDMADE IN ENGLAND BARKER LUXEBOURG ROSEWOOD CHELSEA... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...