Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:05 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5473post #82081 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82082 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:16pmpost #82083 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:24pmpost #82084 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:28pm
I know Acne as a design firm / ad agency. One day I saw jeans with their logo and thought "hmm, they actually did it". I've always heard (graphic) designers talk about creating their own products vs. just providing services for clients, but very few actually carry out their ideas, let alone succeed.post #82085 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:56pmWow, surprised about Acne. Parker can you explain a bit on what they do as an ad agency and "providing services for clients" -- I could pm if this clutters the thread
Sidenote: going to be on a loong style stagnation since tuition is extra expensive this year, almost can't attend haha
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?post #82086 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master Milano
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.post #82087 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:40pmpost #82088 of 1090547/30/13 at 9:50pmpost #82089 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:07pmpost #82090 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:53pmpost #82091 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:54pmQuote:
Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.post #82092 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:28pmQuote:
Pretty sure I posted those originally in the TOJ thread. I was there. The phrase I used the most that night was "that shit don't even make sense." Needless to say, I took full advantage of the open bar.
Looking forward to next year.post #82093 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:55pmpost #82094 of 1090547/31/13 at 12:49ampost #82095 of 1090547/31/13 at 2:22amQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.
Thanks for the advice! It'll be a while till I get a chance to see them so it's just worrying at this point (no email responses either). Glad it went well for you and you have nice jawnz now so its all goodQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.
Thanks! I just finished reading it -- got a lot more respect for Acne despite not really liking a majority of their clothes. Amazing how they started from scratch pretty much to 100 mil turnover - wonder what the profit margins are like haha
also i think that was a women's footwear sizing chart
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Cleverley, Saint Crispins, Bemer, Trickers, Sargent, Vauk, Sanders 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 17 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 18 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...