Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:06 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5473post #82081 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #82082 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:16pmpost #82083 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:24pmpost #82084 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:28pm
I know Acne as a design firm / ad agency. One day I saw jeans with their logo and thought "hmm, they actually did it". I've always heard (graphic) designers talk about creating their own products vs. just providing services for clients, but very few actually carry out their ideas, let alone succeed.post #82085 of 1090547/30/13 at 7:56pmWow, surprised about Acne. Parker can you explain a bit on what they do as an ad agency and "providing services for clients" -- I could pm if this clutters the thread
Sidenote: going to be on a loong style stagnation since tuition is extra expensive this year, almost can't attend haha
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?post #82086 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master Milano
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Any one have experience negotiating/ talking to financial administrators?
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.post #82087 of 1090547/30/13 at 8:40pmpost #82088 of 1090547/30/13 at 9:50pmpost #82089 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:07pmpost #82090 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:53pmpost #82091 of 1090547/30/13 at 10:54pmQuote:
Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.post #82092 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:28pmQuote:
Pretty sure I posted those originally in the TOJ thread. I was there. The phrase I used the most that night was "that shit don't even make sense." Needless to say, I took full advantage of the open bar.
Looking forward to next year.post #82093 of 1090547/30/13 at 11:55pmpost #82094 of 1090547/31/13 at 12:49ampost #82095 of 1090547/31/13 at 2:22amQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
Talk to them in person. I had a huge drop in financial aid my second year for really stupid reasons, but I managed to get a lot of it back by going to speak with my financial aid adviser. You'll probably have to go through an appeals process, but it's VERY beneficial to speak with them in person. Email doesn't work quite as well.
Thanks for the advice! It'll be a while till I get a chance to see them so it's just worrying at this point (no email responses either). Glad it went well for you and you have nice jawnz now so its all goodQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Like any agency, they create campaigns (tv spots, print ads, digital promo, etc) for different clients. They've really expanded since I first heard of them. Actually I was more familiar with their design arm and mag. This WSJ article explains how they got into the fashion biz. I didn't realize they started in the 90s, I think I first saw their jeans in 2003 or 04.
feel free to pm me if you want.
Thanks! I just finished reading it -- got a lot more respect for Acne despite not really liking a majority of their clothes. Amazing how they started from scratch pretty much to 100 mil turnover - wonder what the profit margins are like haha
also i think that was a women's footwear sizing chart
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 45 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 53 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Austerity Boot, size 8.5, 804 last - meleze upper,... 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...