Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5450post #81736 of 1090547/22/13 at 2:22pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81737 of 1090547/22/13 at 2:25pmpost #81738 of 1090547/22/13 at 2:31pmpost #81739 of 1090547/22/13 at 2:41pmpost #81740 of 1090547/22/13 at 5:02pmpost #81741 of 1090547/22/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
ZERO Halliburton was sold to a Japanese luggage company in the mid 2000s, but afaik, it was just one of those strategic purchases - companies change hands all the time. I certainly haven't heard of any drastic decrease in quality. I mean, it's not like they will fall apart. Maybe if you are throwing them off a bridge onto a moving train, you might worry about incremental changes in durability, but I assume you won't be doing that. I mean, even James bond needs to get into casual clothes and stop sipping cocktails when he does that type of shit.
I've never seen a Rimowa without wheels.
That said, every frequent traveler that I know uses a roll. Unless you have porters and a private jet, running between terminals to make a connection, or even just getting your shit from security to the farthest gate from security, is a pain, without wheels. Fuuma and I both use a Briggs&Riley. No, they are not beautiful, but they are durable. Softsided cases don't crack or warp - if a hardsided case warps, you are shit outta luck - and ballistic nylon withstands most types of force better - a knife being the exception, in which case, your luggage is the least of your worries.post #81742 of 1090547/22/13 at 5:40pmpost #81743 of 1090547/22/13 at 5:45pmpost #81744 of 1090547/22/13 at 5:50pmpost #81745 of 1090547/22/13 at 7:11pmMy wife just bought one of those raspberry samsonite spinners and its really nice. Effortless
I think i want a black one lol.
Edited by habitant - 7/22/13 at 7:25pmpost #81746 of 1090547/22/13 at 7:35pmHrmmm I have some janky hand me down Victorinox (maybe knock-off). Maybe I'll upgrade it to one of the B&R discontinued sale items. A lot of my friends who travel nonstop for work are big fans of their various carry ons. Can't expense it thoughpost #81747 of 1090547/22/13 at 8:06pmpost #81748 of 1090547/22/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
I just thought it was weird how I have no problem spending 1k on a jacket, but luggage or another bike for a grand seems excessive.post #81749 of 1090547/22/13 at 9:20pmpost #81750 of 1090547/22/13 at 9:36pmMuji makes decent luggage IMO. I always check mine because I'm lazy (and typically bring a suitcase big enough to bring back vinyl/clothes/etc) and I've yet to have a problem in 3+ years. Light aluminum shell, super-smooth wheels (as someone who used to fly twice a week that anti-wheel thing sounds absurd. Airports are annoying enough as it is), For $200ish you could do much worse
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1712 Active Users (364 Members and 1348 Guests)
- › Barbour Quilted Waistcoat/Zip-in Liner Gilet Body Warmer 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › SCAM ALERT - Alden X J Gilbert Indy Shell Cordovan #8 in 7.5D 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?