Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5431post #81451 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:24pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81452 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:26pmpost #81453 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:37pmpost #81454 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:47pm
There's nothing morally questionable about eating animals––a good portion of the animal kingdom would die if they didn't eat animals. Eating factory-raised animals is pretty morally questionable as in man cases the animals are basically tortured. If you look at the issue from the perspective of overall environmental health then yeah definitely it's morally questionable, maybe even morally unacceptable.
I still eat meat thopost #81455 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:49pmpost #81456 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:56pmpost #81457 of 1090547/13/13 at 8:59pmpost #81458 of 1090547/13/13 at 9:22pmI guess I'm a psychopath because I feel nothing except contentedness and fulfillment when I eat other animals. Don't worry guys, I shell out the extra bucks for wild and organic/sustainably raised animals. They taste better.post #81459 of 1090547/13/13 at 9:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
I have an academic interest in market design, and the term for this is "repugnant transaction". From a purely economic standpoint, such transactions are welfare improving. Site is willing to sell at price x, agent a is willing to buy at price x, agent b is willing to buy at price y. In the end everybody gains some welfare, this is obvious through revealed preference.
The caveat is that some folks find some transactions repugnant or morally objectionable, even if nobody is harmed. Classic examples are people buying horse meat or dog meat for consumption. Another is selling a kidney for money. Both parties are willing and benefit from the transaction, but somebody else may find it morally questionable.
These examples make no sense if you are in China.post #81460 of 1090547/13/13 at 9:31pmOn an unrelated note - setting up a webstore is giving me even more respect for the Yoox operation and how they have essentially simplified their product descriptions to a checklist and one or two fillable fields. Fuckkkkkk......post #81461 of 1090547/13/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Even Spoo quit writing descriptions a while back.post #81462 of 1090547/13/13 at 9:57pmpost #81463 of 1090547/13/13 at 10:06pmpost #81464 of 1090547/14/13 at 1:43am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 46 seconds ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 15 minutes ago
- › Suit colors 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...