I care less and less about clothes the more biz caz I have to wear. Only a few more weeks until I'm back in school!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5416post #81226 of 1090547/6/13 at 11:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81227 of 1090547/6/13 at 11:56ampost #81228 of 1090547/6/13 at 12:55pmpost #81229 of 1090547/6/13 at 1:01pmpost #81230 of 1090547/6/13 at 1:21pmpost #81231 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
turn to hidden placket shirts and aggressively tapered trousers with dope boots!post #81232 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:14pmfelt like toasty today.
was kind of bored and wandering around boston alone. went to check out bodega. the outside was disguised as a bodega which i wasn't really expected but cool idea i guess. no sign or anything but they had a sign up about not camping for sneaker releases so i figured it was the right joint. walked in and expected a nice shop full of shoes and stuff. but it was tiny, i didn't see any clothes, and didn't really see much except for a couple of coolers of soda. the couple of dudes in there just looked at me and i looked back really surprised. instead of just asking if it was the right place i just walked out and drove home.post #81233 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:
I find this post interesting since I think it's an issue that a fair number of the regular posters in SW&D have yet to face. There are quite a few regulars that have either yet to finish their undergraduate education or are in graduate school. While I think it's neat that there are several folk that have been able to incorporate their wardrobes into their "non-traditional workplaces" (ArtIsHard, Bows, and Brad-T come to mind), the reality is that some of the other people are going to graduate school, get a boring office job, and have to be creative with how they utilize their SW&D wardrobes.post #81234 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #81235 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:48pmpost #81236 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
basically my plan if this is the rest of the my life haha. dries, mmm, neil barrett, jil, raf, plokhov, schneider etcQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
I find this post interesting since I think it's an issue that a fair number of the regular posters in SW&D have yet to face. There are quite a few regulars that have either yet to finish their undergraduate education or are in graduate school. While I think it's neat that there are several folk that have been able to incorporate their wardrobes into their "non-traditional workplaces" (ArtIsHard, Bows, and Brad-T come to mind), the reality is that some of the other people are going to graduate school, get a boring office job, and have to be creative with how they utilize their SW&D wardrobes.
yeah this is my first legit mon-fri 40+ hr workweek summer internship where i've gotta look 'professional' all the time, basically just wearing uniqlo and the few sw&d pieces i have that are acceptable in the workplace. kinda makes having a closet of rick and kva sneaks and all that seem silly if i'm only going to wear them maybe once a week.
on that note picked up a jil hex shirt and dries wedge-sole derbys but i'm not sure if i'll keep because i'm in this weird spot where i feel like spending a lot of money on 'work clothes' is silly, but work clothes are all i ever wear nowpost #81237 of 1090547/6/13 at 4:07pmOr get two wardrobes
I would never wear designer runway type suits to any business meeting, day-to-day, or even on Fridays. It would be cool but that matters very little IMO when I am working.
I feel like this discussion gets brought up, which is fine because we have people graduating and getting jobs, starting out a new career etc. (congrats), so, I will repeat myself. I dress in Uniqlo 5 days a week, or a combination of Lands End clothing for pants. Initially I wanted to ball just as hard in terms of my SW&D wardrobe but realized for me, I just need to be presentable, comfortable, and get my work done. For larger events, I would opt for a nice OTR suit with a pair of great shoes. Save your money and buy what you actually enjoy wearing when you out with friends, running errands etc. Who care if you only get to wear it 2 time a week (do you go out at night during the weekdays?)
I like to nerd out as much as the next guy but if I have to think about that in lieu of what I have to actually get done on the job, I would feel like my attention is going elsewhere. I like my off work uniform more than my work attire, it just feels more comfortable.
Regarding the no dress code, I have experienced weeks where I just show up in a tee and trousers, but I much prefer tucking in my shirt and wearing a pair of wool trousers. Otherwise, I feel really out of place.
Disclosure: I am speaking fairly from a conservative work background. Guys like brad-t or artishard seem to be able to dress up daily in their SW&D uniform, which is awesome, but is far removed from the normal office job.post #81238 of 1090547/6/13 at 5:17pmpost #81239 of 1090547/6/13 at 5:17pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1558 Active Users (383 Members and 1175 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer 9E Crockett & Jones 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...