I care less and less about clothes the more biz caz I have to wear. Only a few more weeks until I'm back in school!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:26 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5416post #81226 of 1090547/6/13 at 11:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81227 of 1090547/6/13 at 11:56ampost #81228 of 1090547/6/13 at 12:55pmpost #81229 of 1090547/6/13 at 1:01pmpost #81230 of 1090547/6/13 at 1:21pmpost #81231 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:04pmQuote:
turn to hidden placket shirts and aggressively tapered trousers with dope boots!post #81232 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:14pmfelt like toasty today.
was kind of bored and wandering around boston alone. went to check out bodega. the outside was disguised as a bodega which i wasn't really expected but cool idea i guess. no sign or anything but they had a sign up about not camping for sneaker releases so i figured it was the right joint. walked in and expected a nice shop full of shoes and stuff. but it was tiny, i didn't see any clothes, and didn't really see much except for a couple of coolers of soda. the couple of dudes in there just looked at me and i looked back really surprised. instead of just asking if it was the right place i just walked out and drove home.post #81233 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:33pmQuote:
I find this post interesting since I think it's an issue that a fair number of the regular posters in SW&D have yet to face. There are quite a few regulars that have either yet to finish their undergraduate education or are in graduate school. While I think it's neat that there are several folk that have been able to incorporate their wardrobes into their "non-traditional workplaces" (ArtIsHard, Bows, and Brad-T come to mind), the reality is that some of the other people are going to graduate school, get a boring office job, and have to be creative with how they utilize their SW&D wardrobes.post #81234 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:35pmpost #81235 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:48pmpost #81236 of 1090547/6/13 at 3:48pmQuote:
basically my plan if this is the rest of the my life haha. dries, mmm, neil barrett, jil, raf, plokhov, schneider etcQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
I find this post interesting since I think it's an issue that a fair number of the regular posters in SW&D have yet to face. There are quite a few regulars that have either yet to finish their undergraduate education or are in graduate school. While I think it's neat that there are several folk that have been able to incorporate their wardrobes into their "non-traditional workplaces" (ArtIsHard, Bows, and Brad-T come to mind), the reality is that some of the other people are going to graduate school, get a boring office job, and have to be creative with how they utilize their SW&D wardrobes.
yeah this is my first legit mon-fri 40+ hr workweek summer internship where i've gotta look 'professional' all the time, basically just wearing uniqlo and the few sw&d pieces i have that are acceptable in the workplace. kinda makes having a closet of rick and kva sneaks and all that seem silly if i'm only going to wear them maybe once a week.
on that note picked up a jil hex shirt and dries wedge-sole derbys but i'm not sure if i'll keep because i'm in this weird spot where i feel like spending a lot of money on 'work clothes' is silly, but work clothes are all i ever wear nowpost #81237 of 1090547/6/13 at 4:07pmOr get two wardrobes
I would never wear designer runway type suits to any business meeting, day-to-day, or even on Fridays. It would be cool but that matters very little IMO when I am working.
I feel like this discussion gets brought up, which is fine because we have people graduating and getting jobs, starting out a new career etc. (congrats), so, I will repeat myself. I dress in Uniqlo 5 days a week, or a combination of Lands End clothing for pants. Initially I wanted to ball just as hard in terms of my SW&D wardrobe but realized for me, I just need to be presentable, comfortable, and get my work done. For larger events, I would opt for a nice OTR suit with a pair of great shoes. Save your money and buy what you actually enjoy wearing when you out with friends, running errands etc. Who care if you only get to wear it 2 time a week (do you go out at night during the weekdays?)
I like to nerd out as much as the next guy but if I have to think about that in lieu of what I have to actually get done on the job, I would feel like my attention is going elsewhere. I like my off work uniform more than my work attire, it just feels more comfortable.
Regarding the no dress code, I have experienced weeks where I just show up in a tee and trousers, but I much prefer tucking in my shirt and wearing a pair of wool trousers. Otherwise, I feel really out of place.
Disclosure: I am speaking fairly from a conservative work background. Guys like brad-t or artishard seem to be able to dress up daily in their SW&D uniform, which is awesome, but is far removed from the normal office job.post #81238 of 1090547/6/13 at 5:17pmpost #81239 of 1090547/6/13 at 5:17pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1209 Active Users (240 Members and 969 Guests)
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Alden x Unionmade Halleck Wingtip boot - #8 cordovan - 9.5D Barrie 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Sole Peeling on John Lobb Hutton's? 6 minutes ago
- › BNWT Dior Homme 06SS Black Peak Lapel Blazer 46 36 Hedi Slimane 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...