I actually kinda liked the bigger dude, just because you don't see a lot of bigger dudes in fashion clothing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:24 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5407post #81091 of 1090547/2/13 at 7:33am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #81092 of 1090547/2/13 at 7:36amQuote:
Most aggrevating thing about SZ is that the "in" crowd of the forum is really obvious sometimes. Their outfits never get much criticism or even really critiqued, just praised, while anyone else gets harsh, aloof, and unhelpful comments. Oh, and the mods are in the in group, so dissenting voices get banned, or told that SZ isn't the right community for them, etc. I still like going on SZ and I even like a lot of the posters on there a good bit, but the holier than thou attitude gets kinda frustrating.
This is relevant because of the reaction on SZ to that pic, not entirely just ranting :/post #81093 of 1090547/2/13 at 7:46am
Sometime in the fall I spent like an hour and a half browsing through fuck yeah street fruits tune (which is just scans of images from a trio of Japanese street style blogs) with my roommate and dissecting things, and I really wish it was recorded now because there were some serious knowledge bombs dropped. I wish I could remember it all.
She just went through and explained all of the different fashion tribes throughout the years and stuff like that, and just the natures of personal style over there, regionally and in particular neighborhoods.
But she was able to bring up a bunch of stuff I would have never noticed without having it explained, like which kids had come from the countryside and were playing dress-up in the city, which kid's were DIY-ing particular things and failing at it, little things the obsession with vivian westwood (especially footwear).
Sadly I don't remember the details of a lot of what we talked about. My favorite part though and what I remember the best was the explanation of the proto-undercoverism crew (like the guy below, but I'll try to find more examples since they were so far deep in the site) and she said all of those guys were the type that had historically always been beaten up and picked on, so they created this uniform that was a blend of like hardcore with crusty and had weird medical overtones (that translated into what their female counterparts wore as well) to look a bit frightening but also still very fragile. I remembered this conversation after reading Breezy's post about how we present ourselves, and thought it was funny how a bunch of dweebs created what is almost universally "cool" or "badass" (or whatever other aggrandizing words we may use) in internet fashion circles and even the greater fashion circle in general. Takahashi is a big deal all around and so it's interesting what his inspiration came from.
Here is another, and I'll see what else I can find. You'll see the SARS mask is a reoccurring thing, even if other people in the photo aren't wearing one.post #81094 of 1090547/2/13 at 7:57ampost #81095 of 1090547/2/13 at 7:59ampost #81096 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:05ampost #81097 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:07ampost #81098 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:16ampost #81099 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:22amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Japanese people wear the masks when they have a cold, so they don't spread bacteria.post #81100 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:22amQuote:
is there a way to organize it to show newer stuff first? I tried looking at the waywt thread with the gallery thing before and it starts with pics from 2006 or somethingpost #81101 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:31ampost #81102 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:38amI've been getting a lot of PMs and emails in the general vein of "I really wanted X, but it's not available/on sale, and I can get Y, which is like X, but in the wrong color/model/etc.., should I just go for it?"
No, don't. If you really, really, want it, and could afford it, buy it at retail. If it goes on sale 5 months later, you will have gotten 5 months of wear out of it. Don't think that you got "ripped off." If you can't afford it at retail, and it sells out on sale, it was not meant to be yours, at least not for now. Don't settle for something you don't really want.post #81103 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:38ampost #81104 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:39ampost #81105 of 1090547/2/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
I've been getting a lot of PMs and emails in the general vein of "I really wanted X, but it's not available/on sale, and I can get Y, which is like X, but in the wrong color/model/etc.., should I just go for it?"
No, don't. If you really, really, want it, and could afford it, buy it at retail. If it goes on sale 5 months later, you will have gotten 5 months of wear out of it. Don't think that you got "ripped off." If you can't afford it at retail, and it sells out on sale, it was not meant to be yours, at least not for now. Don't settle for something you don't really want.
plus, 2 items you got on sale and only sort of like = 1 item that you really liked and wanted but didn't want to spend the money.
when you add it up, it's all the same.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 5 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan