Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks Last post on 2/23/15 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5399
Styleforum Top Picks
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm not sure where I stand on any of this. I think you should just define "civil union" and give it all the tax benefits, inheritance benefits, visiting when dying in the hospital benefits, etc etc. and leave it at that. if you want to be civilly united with another woman, man, animal, whatever....all power to you.
Leave "marriage" alone as an old form of "civil union" (man and woman). If you insist on you using a fountain pen instead of a tablet, that's fine...just like if you want to get married, instead of one of the cooler 'civil unions'.
Adopting kids is weird, and I don't know where I stand on this at all. "Research" on this is nonsense, we all know that what passes for "science" in this area of research is not "science". I guess you can make the case a baby adopted by a gay or lesbian couple is a biological abnormality. In the 1990s it was the height of fashion for wealthy Americans to adopt a baby girl from China or Bangladesh. Nobody considered such trans-racial, trans-cultural adoption as unnnatural. Yet, in Australia, they tried to wipe out the Aboriginal culture (after it became illegal to wipe out Aborigines by shooting them), by forcefully breaking up families and putting Aboriginal kids for adoption by British (white) parents. THe official line was the kids were "being civilised". I'm sure some of the people adopting were good-hearted people who grew to love these kids as their own. There was also abuse, some of the adoptees were treated like slaves. There was research to show such adoption would convert savage Aborigines into semi-civilised people not worthy of being wiped out. So using a similar line of reasoning to this, you can also make the case you are forcing a baby to be raised in the gay-o-sphere or lesbo-sphere to become gay/lesbian/extremely confused...
Whatever. It looks lthe earth is going to warm up and we'll all be dead before these kids are old enough to realise who they are and what happened to them, to thank/complain about it...
Shut the fuck up.
The Pride Parade is tomorrow. The Dyke march was today. The version of State Governor here is openly lesbian and marching in the parade...a first in history. She had 3 kids and many grandkids, but from her previous phase as a straight, married lady-politician, before she came out.
This is being hotly debated everywhere today.
You should give reasons, instead of just saying "STFU" or "Fu^$ of&" or whatever....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This statement raises some very uncomfortable implications as to all nontraditional parenting environments. I was raised almost entirely by my mother for a solid chunk of my childhood. I know many people who were raised by one parent entirely. I know many people who have two dads or two moms. To write these people (and they are almost all wonderful, intelligent, emotionally mature people) off as "biological abnormalities" is some ignorant shit. Go out into the world and meet people. goddamn
wait it's miran lol you got me again. still
- Random fashion thoughts
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Chester Barrie 44R 94% grey cashmere overcoat 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 8 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 10 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 12 minutes ago
- › u k-u s a-u a e-VaShIkArAn ((+91+9799005597)) bLAck MAgiC... 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...