And toasty FedEx large box is still half the height of any normal shoebox
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5397post #80941 of 1090536/28/13 at 8:32pmpost #80942 of 1090536/28/13 at 8:36pmpost #80943 of 1090536/28/13 at 9:40pmpost #80944 of 1090536/28/13 at 9:40pmpost #80945 of 1090536/28/13 at 10:01pmpost #80946 of 1090536/28/13 at 10:03pmpost #80947 of 1090536/28/13 at 10:07pmpost #80948 of 1090536/28/13 at 11:02pmFYI yoox buyers:Quote:Originally Posted by long_knives
Nooooo! Big trouble ahead for Canadian customers.
I just went to place an order while the 20% code was still active, and low and behold... at checkout Yoox is now charging LOCAL TAXES AND DUTY! This is on top of their normal shipping charges! So on a $203 order I'm being dinged with another $82 in shipping/duty/taxes! WTF?!Quote:Originally Posted by long_knivesQuote:
I just called to make sure it wasn't a glitch.
No glitch. It's for real. They started charging for duty and taxes today.Quote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
They started adding in my state sales tax recently. The US is introducing legislation forcing online retailers to abide by state taxes, so sites are upgrading their tax software.
MA has a "luxury" tax that's an additional % on top of the 6% normal tax for anything over $200 that's a "luxury," i.e. cars over a certain value, boats, clothes, etc.Quote:Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
The ship-to-Canada tax amounts to precisely 28% (I checked a $34 item and a $2500 item).
Much of the new fall-winter stock (see Kolor blazers, for instance) is priced at or slightly above the original merchandise retail price.
Yoox has just lost most of my business. I will probably never buy anything again unless it's in the sale section and there's a 20% code.
$500 item -20% coupon +28% tax = $512, so it almost evens out (but the buyer still loses in the end FFS)
EDIT: keep in mind this is the same company behind [full-price] TheCorner.com and the online store for Diesel.com (one among many "powered by Yoox") which DO NOT ship to Canada at all, even now, when random boutiques in deepest darkest continental Europe offer easy global shipping through Farfetch or their own online stores. I send them a message every now and again just to remind them there are Canadians who would buy from these stores if they offered the same damn international service they do (or did until today, apparently) to Canada through Yoox, but they just don't give a shit.post #80949 of 1090536/28/13 at 11:06pmpost #80950 of 1090536/28/13 at 11:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by djordjebalaseviQuote:Originally Posted by RXS09
For those who are lazy, like me.
Why was I not alerted to this post?!? I feel so disconnected from this community, so cut out!
Stanley, hat off to you! You have one up of me...I have never been to a lesbian wedding. Was one of them wearing a tux? Those are the coolest ones. I have been to a Muslim wedding there the bride was wrapped up in blue and black fabric like a Russian doll with only the eyes showing (behind a mosquito net, no less)...but I repeat, Sir, you have one up on me with the lesbian wedding! Well done!
what's better is now they can even make it official (which I think they plan to do on their first anniversary, assuming CA has it together by then)post #80951 of 1090536/28/13 at 11:21pmpost #80952 of 1090536/29/13 at 12:00ampost #80953 of 1090536/29/13 at 3:32ampost #80954 of 1090536/29/13 at 7:08ampost #80955 of 1090536/29/13 at 7:42amAnyone know where I can get a shirt like this baseball shirt?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Paul Smith blazer 13 seconds ago
- › DROP! Alfred Sargent full brogue lazyman. One of a kind! Barely... 15 seconds ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 15 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 4 minutes ago
- › *Current* Ermenegildo Zegna Blazer 42R POW Check Mila Fit 2 Btn 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Cigars 8 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding