Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5378post #80656 of 1090536/18/13 at 8:15pmpost #80657 of 1090536/18/13 at 8:19pmpost #80658 of 1090536/18/13 at 8:33pmpost #80659 of 1090536/18/13 at 8:39pmpost #80660 of 1090536/18/13 at 8:52pm
Re: Snowman Provides Pants to the Hungry Masses:
Props to you for taking on this project. For your sake, I hope you manage to survive the inevitable flood of sizing questions. Good luck, and godspeed.
Though I like those pants, from what I can see, I won't be buying. Snowpants V 1.0 is pushing me towards getting some pieces done by my own tailor. Up until now, I've just gotten alterations done. Most of what he does is entry-level full-on MC, and I'm pretty sorted out in terms of formal clothing, so I have no real need or want for that. I wear a suit and tie maybe once or twice a season, which is plenty for me. That said, he's never been pushy in the least, and has always seemed more than happy to do the odd nip and tuck on random piece x.
For the prices he charges, I'd feel pretty obnoxious buying high-end trousers, shirts, jackets, or coats off the interwebz. I just hate the idea of facing him, needing him to do all manner of alterations on my freshly acquired ill-fitting expensive-ass pair of pants. Knowing him, he'd likely compliment the piece without even a hint of rebuke, which would make it even worse.
So, perhaps, it's off to the tailor I go to get some big boy pants made up.post #80661 of 1090536/18/13 at 9:14pm
As for black suits, not if you're going MC, they're fine if you're going more casual / fashiony. It would be tough to "rock" a conservative black suit in MC mode and have it come out better than a suit in charcoal or navy. For a more "daring" MC look, you could go full-reatard #TSBPittiMan with "fun" PS and statement dubmonks for Maximal Visual Interest. Or you could just kill yourself.
If you're creeping toward the SZ vortex, go for the black suit if you want. I suspect that Breaking Tha Rulezzz (albeit in a forum-vetted manner) is what that's all about. If you search for it, I'm almost certain you'll be able to find a wealth of valuable information concerning not only which acid-washed scarstitched 5-button "Deep Anthracite" priest suit to purchase, but which $450 hidden placket white shirt goes best with it. Get yer backzip reverse culatta gameface on.
Or go buy some Yohji and Doc Marten monkey boots. An exciting world of black suits awaits you.post #80662 of 1090536/18/13 at 10:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
Never had an issue with the forum while using Chrome until a few days ago, but the site has been pretty much unusable for me spare the first minute or two I'm on it. Chrome is up-to-date (Version 27.0.1453.110) and as I mentioned before, I've got no extensions and only a few plug-ins. I think it might be an issue with Flash (Shockwave), but disabling it still hasn't solved the problem with the forum. It's clearly an issue with Chrome, since I'm still able to browse the site using Firefox, albeit in sluggish fashion.
happening to me too, but only on chrome for windows (work machine). have a mac at home and SF works on chrome for mac just fine.
blackbird has officially lost their effing minds (there are more than one of these):
http://blackbirdballard.com/Tyranny_+_Mutation_1991_Slayer_Seasons_in_Abyss_30721.htmlpost #80663 of 1090536/18/13 at 10:08pmpost #80664 of 1090536/18/13 at 10:30pmpost #80665 of 1090536/18/13 at 11:12pmpost #80666 of 1090536/19/13 at 12:59amMan, what happened to Blackbird? It used to be such a cool store even to just browse...now it's like 50% really, really overpriced thrift store finds and the other stuff is their in-house garbage. It's funny to go back to all those interviews Nicole did talking about innovation in men's fashion and then you realize her house brand is pretty much Wolf vs Goat sprinkled with some goth scarves. It makes me kind of sad.post #80667 of 1090536/19/13 at 4:45amQuote:Originally Posted by mike868y
man i miss my baltimore ups driver who would just leave my packages no matter what. this one in boston refuses to even though I leave notes with the tracking number, etc. what happens if you're not there after the second delivery attempt? do they leave it at the ups store or something? I don't even know where that is but there are a few in somerville so i'm guessing it'd be at one of those?
Dude, if you miss a UPS package in Boston it goes to the distro center in Watertown. It's not T accessible and a bitch to get to anywhere near rush hour. I used to pay my roommates to stay and wait for my package while I was at work.
I worked at a UPS store in Packard's Corner in college and we sent all the unclaimed packages there like it was some kind of awful purgatory.post #80668 of 1090536/19/13 at 4:48ampost #80669 of 1090536/19/13 at 5:37ampost #80670 of 1090536/19/13 at 6:32am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › DROP Engineered Garments Fireman Jacket Small 15 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 26 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Ready to Wear Suits Help 34 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 51 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 1 hour ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 hour ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › SUPER RARE New Edward Green Shell Cordovan Crup Elmsley 202 E UK... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding