or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5322  

post #79816 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Just started using "best offer" on ebay

People offering me hundreds less than the listing price... cloud.gif

I hardly ever use Ebay, or B&S, or anything like that. The only time I buy anything used is if it is something that I just cannot find anywhere else. This was the case even when I was a completely broke ass student.

I just offer what I am willing to pay. There is pretty much nothing I absolutely need, so if I see something, I will offer a price that I am willing to pay. Because of the budgets I've set, I rarely have more than $25 to move. If it's accepted, cool. If not, I understand. When you use the "best offer", you are essentially saying that you are willing to negotiate, and nearly any decent negotiator will take that and run with it. If they are good, they will realize that if they are willing to walk away, they will not be stuck with something they didn't particularly want in the first place.
post #79817 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by nahneun View Post

You all should be ashamed. A 5'6" Asian can out drink the lot of you

Dude I get crazy asian flush, like one drink and I'm too uncomfortable to go further. Talk about curses
post #79818 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

Dude I get crazy asian flush, like one drink and I'm too uncomfortable to go further. Talk about curses

I do too but it goes away about halfway into night usually once you hit 8-9 drinks and you feel a lot better even once you hit 18-20 drinks Rarely drink more than 8 drinks now though a lot harder out of college and no pledge drivers
post #79819 of 109053
I'm taking 3 weeks off of drinking so that I can focus on studying for the LSAT and keep my mind sharp. Before this hiatus though, I was drinking like 10-15 drinks in a night. So expensive, so bad for my body. Sort of excited to have a low tolerance again
post #79820 of 109053
you double digit drinkers scare me
post #79821 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I'm taking 3 weeks off of drinking so that I can focus on studying for the LSAT and keep my mind sharp. Before this hiatus though, I was drinking like 10-15 drinks in a night. So expensive, so bad for my body. Sort of excited to have a low tolerance again

Yeah and alcohol makes you crazy fat and slow, 4-5 nights of 2000+ calories a night plus you get pizza or taco bell or cheesy bread. Really glad I don't really anymore.

Good luck hope it goes better this time around
post #79822 of 109053
reedobandito real goal is he's aiming for XXS fits...
post #79823 of 109053

Ripped a pair of ann pants and half ruined my favourite shoes today

I need to take better care of my clothes frown.gif

post #79824 of 109053
what happened?
post #79825 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Just started using "best offer" on ebay

People offering me hundreds less than the listing price... cloud.gif

I've had reasonable success with best offer; I normally add 30-40% to the lowest I'll accept to place the BIN. Surprisingly, my last two best offer sales came from people who clicked BIN, no negotiation at all.
post #79826 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

I'm taking 3 weeks off of drinking so that I can focus on studying for the LSAT and keep my mind sharp. Before this hiatus though, I was drinking like 10-15 drinks in a night. So expensive, so bad for my body. Sort of excited to have a low tolerance again

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Yeah and alcohol makes you crazy fat and slow, 4-5 nights of 2000+ calories a night plus you get pizza or taco bell or cheesy bread. Really glad I don't really anymore.

Good luck hope it goes better this time around

I used to host events on a very regular basis (like, at least once every two weeks), and I found that it was actually a lot better to be stone cold sober. I was on the job, but still had to have a drink, so I'd order a gin and tonic early, and just keep replenishing it with tonic and lime the entire night. Keeps you both sober and hydrated. And after that, I found that it was best to have a drink or two with dinner, but no more. I think that there is a happy medium.\

That said, alcohol does fuel good stories. If I'd be stone cold sober instead of having a belly full of cheap but strong margaritas, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been found stumbling home with my roommate, with a 4-man bong and a crate full of Asian porn from a dead friend, at 4 in the morning, either.
post #79827 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

what happened?

Nothing really, I'm moving house and packing loads of shit, caught my shoe in something and ripped a part of the sole away from the... main shoe bit, tripped over, ripped pants. 

They'r enot broken. Just distressed. shog[1].gif

post #79828 of 109053
When I move I dress in old basketball or gym shorts and some Nike sneakers or something
post #79829 of 109053

That would... probably have been a sensible idea

post #79830 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post



I used to host events on a very regular basis (like, at least once every two weeks), and I found that it was actually a lot better to be stone cold sober. I was on the job, but still had to have a drink, so I'd order a gin and tonic early, and just keep replenishing it with tonic and lime the entire night. Keeps you both sober and hydrated. And after that, I found that it was best to have a drink or two with dinner, but no more. I think that there is a happy medium.\

That said, alcohol does fuel good stories. If I'd be stone cold sober instead of having a belly full of cheap but strong margaritas, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have been found stumbling home with my roommate, with a 4-man bong and a crate full of Asian porn from a dead friend, at 4 in the morning, either.

dude you have no idea the joys of being the designated sober narrator.

 

I am the one who- the morning after- would always go "dude you won't beleive what you did last night"

 

and nothing beats getting such reactions like "wait.. I do not remember pissing on the DJ's head from the 2nd floor." (True story)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts