no, but be sure to play chicane's offshore at least once
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 8/24/15 at 2:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5279
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79172 of 1090545/9/13 at 11:34pmpost #79173 of 1090545/9/13 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoodyear
556s can be had pretty readily for under $1000 but you're right, most are over. I hadn't priced any myself recently. Stowas start at about 550 euro though.
Edit: wow I'm like 12 posts too late...
My uncle has a Rauschenberg in his living room. I'm incredibly jealous of course. I aspire to collect but I'm waiting until my living situation is a little more permanent.
So in a day in RFT where we've had grandma's boyfriends with Pateks, grandfathers who are OG street artists, and girlfriends who've inherited vintage Langes, this dude's Uncle has a fucking Combine next to his flat screen.post #79174 of 1090545/10/13 at 12:50ampost #79175 of 1090545/10/13 at 12:59ampost #79176 of 1090545/10/13 at 1:24amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
anyone ever watch Forbrydelsen? It was remade in the US as "The Killing" but the Danish original is (you guessed it) far superior. Just finished watching the first season and would highly recommend it. Also, to make this relevant, it has a character who wears SNS:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There's a poor mans watch thread.Quote:
So one for each handQuote:
I often spot/comment on what people have on their wrist.
regarding the cheap watch talk, watch bloggers seem to have fallen in love with Sevenfriday or you can go vintage.post #79177 of 1090545/10/13 at 2:27amQuote:
Honestly terrible place for a bachelors party unless you are fully balling out (and no a table doesn't really cut it). Why not just kick in Barcelona or nice or Monaco? Even with tables and such Ibiza isn't all that. And if it's this summer it'll be crazy packed everywhere. If its for the music, the DJ should have a show close by around the same timepost #79178 of 1090545/10/13 at 4:11amthis watch discussion is kind of surreal, i never would have guessed a bunch of people into $700 boots and $1000 outerwear would think $1000 for a nice watch was too much.
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with that though, I know some people aren't into watches.
For the record I wear a quartz braun chronograph I bought for £100.post #79179 of 1090545/10/13 at 4:12amQuote:
Why not do Mexico, Medelin or Ayia Napa.
On the travel note:
My mothers going to Paris next week with a friend, she told me today that at the same time a mutual friend of theirs is going to Euro Disney with her grand children, so they have been talking about what they are going to pack and the mutual friend said yesterday that "she had packed so she would look like a tourist".post #79180 of 1090545/10/13 at 5:23amQuote:
the first two being my own I come from a cool familypost #79181 of 1090545/10/13 at 5:49ampost #79182 of 1090545/10/13 at 6:06amQuote:
here's your solution:
found on tumblr: "Ann Demeulemeester’s Golden Spindle collection of 1983 (post graduation) shows how early on she developed her own stylistic language and signature style."
http://europeanafashion.tumblr.com/post #79183 of 1090545/10/13 at 7:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by MarkI
Oh it works alright, just make sure soon as it hits you that you're actually focused on what you need to be doing, and not something else. At least for me personally, it makes me fucking honed in on whatever i'm doing like a laser guided missile. If I take it and start browsing the internet while I wait for it to kick in, hours later i'll be like...fuck.
On the other hand, i've busted out 10 page research papers in a couple of hours, that received A grades. It really is a crazy drug, essentially amphetamines, so I only take it when I really, really need it.
Where do you live? My ex had an antique Lange passed down to her from her estranged grandfather, and she wanted nothing to do with it. She found a place in the city that finds a buyer for you for a small fee. Even if you're not in NY i'm sure you could call and consult with them, send them a couple of pictures whatever. Let me know if you're interested, i'm sure I could find the name of it somewhere.
Even though it's about Ritalin, the same principles would apply to Adderall. "You should only get Ritalin for indicated disorders by prescription from a physician," because as you mentioned before - if you have study habits that will maximize the efficacy of your stimulants, then you're probably the type of person who really doesn't need them (and because they should only be used under the supervision and direction of a physician for safety reasons, etc.)post #79184 of 1090545/10/13 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sipang
I can appreciate or even admire watches as mechanical marvels but that's a cold and theoretical admiration at best, I'm not touched by it, I can't experience it the way I can experience fashion/art/architecture. It's cool if your appreciation goes deeper than that but for me it's just an expensive mildly useful piece of craftsmanship with a price tag that guarantees its function as status symbol first and foremost (and all the latent douchiness that comes with it).
On a more basic level, I know this is styleforum but spending upwards of 2,000 on a watch is simply something I can't relate too. I know there are some very nice and chill ppl on here that like that stuff but watch talk makes me want to slap ppl around, it is what it is.
Also I don't really care about watches in general.
And I don't really care about time.
And I don't have wrists.
+1 (well I do have wrists and a couple of Swiss watches). Let's face it watches have the same problem as cars; the people who design them basically have bad taste (in fact car designers are usually heavily into watches) and what makes a watch being rated higher by aficionados is ugly stuff that mess up the design (complications).
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › CARPE DIEM S23M 5 HOLE LACEUP BOOTS Size 41 (US8-8.5) 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015