no, but be sure to play chicane's offshore at least once
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5279post #79171 of 1090545/9/13 at 11:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #79172 of 1090545/9/13 at 11:34pmpost #79173 of 1090545/9/13 at 11:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by hoodyear
556s can be had pretty readily for under $1000 but you're right, most are over. I hadn't priced any myself recently. Stowas start at about 550 euro though.
Edit: wow I'm like 12 posts too late...
My uncle has a Rauschenberg in his living room. I'm incredibly jealous of course. I aspire to collect but I'm waiting until my living situation is a little more permanent.
So in a day in RFT where we've had grandma's boyfriends with Pateks, grandfathers who are OG street artists, and girlfriends who've inherited vintage Langes, this dude's Uncle has a fucking Combine next to his flat screen.post #79174 of 1090545/10/13 at 12:50ampost #79175 of 1090545/10/13 at 12:59ampost #79176 of 1090545/10/13 at 1:24amQuote:Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren
anyone ever watch Forbrydelsen? It was remade in the US as "The Killing" but the Danish original is (you guessed it) far superior. Just finished watching the first season and would highly recommend it. Also, to make this relevant, it has a character who wears SNS:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There's a poor mans watch thread.Quote:
So one for each handQuote:
I often spot/comment on what people have on their wrist.
regarding the cheap watch talk, watch bloggers seem to have fallen in love with Sevenfriday or you can go vintage.post #79177 of 1090545/10/13 at 2:27amQuote:
Honestly terrible place for a bachelors party unless you are fully balling out (and no a table doesn't really cut it). Why not just kick in Barcelona or nice or Monaco? Even with tables and such Ibiza isn't all that. And if it's this summer it'll be crazy packed everywhere. If its for the music, the DJ should have a show close by around the same timepost #79178 of 1090545/10/13 at 4:11amthis watch discussion is kind of surreal, i never would have guessed a bunch of people into $700 boots and $1000 outerwear would think $1000 for a nice watch was too much.
I'm not saying theres anything wrong with that though, I know some people aren't into watches.
For the record I wear a quartz braun chronograph I bought for £100.post #79179 of 1090545/10/13 at 4:12amQuote:
Why not do Mexico, Medelin or Ayia Napa.
On the travel note:
My mothers going to Paris next week with a friend, she told me today that at the same time a mutual friend of theirs is going to Euro Disney with her grand children, so they have been talking about what they are going to pack and the mutual friend said yesterday that "she had packed so she would look like a tourist".post #79180 of 1090545/10/13 at 5:23amQuote:
the first two being my own I come from a cool familypost #79181 of 1090545/10/13 at 5:49ampost #79182 of 1090545/10/13 at 6:06amQuote:
here's your solution:
found on tumblr: "Ann Demeulemeester’s Golden Spindle collection of 1983 (post graduation) shows how early on she developed her own stylistic language and signature style."
http://europeanafashion.tumblr.com/post #79183 of 1090545/10/13 at 7:48amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by MarkI
Oh it works alright, just make sure soon as it hits you that you're actually focused on what you need to be doing, and not something else. At least for me personally, it makes me fucking honed in on whatever i'm doing like a laser guided missile. If I take it and start browsing the internet while I wait for it to kick in, hours later i'll be like...fuck.
On the other hand, i've busted out 10 page research papers in a couple of hours, that received A grades. It really is a crazy drug, essentially amphetamines, so I only take it when I really, really need it.
Where do you live? My ex had an antique Lange passed down to her from her estranged grandfather, and she wanted nothing to do with it. She found a place in the city that finds a buyer for you for a small fee. Even if you're not in NY i'm sure you could call and consult with them, send them a couple of pictures whatever. Let me know if you're interested, i'm sure I could find the name of it somewhere.
Even though it's about Ritalin, the same principles would apply to Adderall. "You should only get Ritalin for indicated disorders by prescription from a physician," because as you mentioned before - if you have study habits that will maximize the efficacy of your stimulants, then you're probably the type of person who really doesn't need them (and because they should only be used under the supervision and direction of a physician for safety reasons, etc.)post #79184 of 1090545/10/13 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by sipang
I can appreciate or even admire watches as mechanical marvels but that's a cold and theoretical admiration at best, I'm not touched by it, I can't experience it the way I can experience fashion/art/architecture. It's cool if your appreciation goes deeper than that but for me it's just an expensive mildly useful piece of craftsmanship with a price tag that guarantees its function as status symbol first and foremost (and all the latent douchiness that comes with it).
On a more basic level, I know this is styleforum but spending upwards of 2,000 on a watch is simply something I can't relate too. I know there are some very nice and chill ppl on here that like that stuff but watch talk makes me want to slap ppl around, it is what it is.
Also I don't really care about watches in general.
And I don't really care about time.
And I don't have wrists.
+1 (well I do have wrists and a couple of Swiss watches). Let's face it watches have the same problem as cars; the people who design them basically have bad taste (in fact car designers are usually heavily into watches) and what makes a watch being rated higher by aficionados is ugly stuff that mess up the design (complications).
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...