We did still have Ture Sventon though
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5275post #79111 of 1090535/9/13 at 3:56pmpost #79112 of 1090535/9/13 at 3:58pmpost #79113 of 1090535/9/13 at 3:59pmpost #79114 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
anyone here have any experience with these http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/Plain-Toe-Blucher/501594603,default,pd.html?cgid=mens-shoes&index=13# and can speak to the sizing?
Have two pairs of Barneys brand shoes i've had for ~2 years, paid double what those cost and don't regret it at all. Solid quality and good looks.
With that being said, even though those may be good quality and a good price, they seem kind of lame high school teacherishpost #79115 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:01pmpost #79116 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:07pmpost #79117 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:09pmI really like watches, my watch, my keys and watch are the fist things I grab for in the morning but honestly the I'm not really that into watch design. Mainly because the difference between value in watches is usually valued in either precious metals and/or milliseconds of accuracy. I mean they take a significant amount of craftsmanship but it seems that only the big brands can produce mid level models at high prices. You might see the same base movement in one watch and the same and in another and it'll be significantly higher price.
If you really want a nice looking watch in most cases IMO your better off getting something simple and get some cool straps.post #79118 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:11pmpost #79119 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:14pmpost #79120 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:23pmpost #79121 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
I'd make an effort. I used to collect. I've pared down to just a few pieces now though.Quote:
They're so not. Looking at the gallery, the thread is heavily skewed towards high end ($1000+).post #79122 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:43pmI can appreciate or even admire watches as mechanical marvels but that's a cold and theoretical admiration at best, I'm not touched by it, I can't experience it the way I can experience fashion/art/architecture. It's cool if your appreciation goes deeper than that but for me it's just an expensive mildly useful piece of craftsmanship with a price tag that guarantees its function as status symbol first and foremost (and all the latent douchiness that comes with it).
On a more basic level, I know this is styleforum but spending upwards of 2,000 on a watch is simply something I can't relate too. I know there are some very nice and chill ppl on here that like that stuff but watch talk makes me want to slap ppl around, it is what it is.
Also I don't really care about watches in general.
And I don't really care about time.
And I don't have wrists.post #79123 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:44pmQuote:
There's the poor man's watch thread too. TBH you should spend under $150 or above $1000 on a watch. There's nothing worth buying in the middle (except maybe a few vintage watches, but you have to shop carefully).
Movements are part of the mechanical beauty of a watch, even if it's not visible (but the beautiful ones usually are).post #79124 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:49pmpost #79125 of 1090535/9/13 at 4:58pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 0 Active Users (0 Members and 0 Guests)
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 15 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 18 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 19 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 39 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 39 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 41 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 43 minutes ago
- › Best Shoe Repair in USA or Send Abroad? 45 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...