Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5244post #78646 of 1090545/2/13 at 4:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78647 of 1090545/2/13 at 6:39am
as soon as i read your post, i already knew what you were talking about before even having to check the previous page. it's absolutely ridiculous, they went to that raf simons archive sale in antwerp and seem to have marked the prices up by about 1000%.post #78648 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:07am
*flushes toilet*post #78649 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:18amSaw that. Not sure why they ran it. The "trend" is more than ten years old. I know there's a running joke that they're always late, and once they write about something it's over, but this one is absurd.
edit: also -- http://four-pins.com/style/the-25-best-brands-and-designers-of-the-menswear-era/post #78650 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:21am
I'm guessing an editor owed the writer a favor because it's just some sort of bizarro vanity project from a clueless old gay man.
If he didn't reference recently opened places I would have triple-checked the date it was published out of confusion.
I just wonder, like, what do people in the rest of the country think when they read something like that? Do they believe it?post #78651 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:24ampost #78652 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:45ampost #78653 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:45am
Maybe this is my old age setting in but I find myself believing more and more that anything our generation produces will be remembered in the future as simply "regrettable."Quote:
I sort of roll my eyes at myself for doing it, but it's really like anywhere else in that you have your friends, and the places you go to, and you really don't have to interact with anybody you might find "unsavory" (lol) if you don't want to. And I'm on the north side so it's more of a yuppie scene I guess, but whatever. It's comfortable and pleasant and convenient and has almost everything I want so there's always that. It's been good to me. But I do miss my little place on that quiet stretch of West 15th..post #78654 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:46ampost #78655 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:53ampost #78656 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:54ampffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-careerpost #78657 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
pffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-career
pfff... so mainstream. my main news source is feed buzz. http://vrunt.info/feedbuzz/the-5-best-stock-photos-of-arab-children-with-hamburgers/post #78658 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:00ampost #78659 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:01amdammit...i lose
1. Arab boy and girl shouting at hamburger
What’s so great about this image is that the viewer is really able to create his own story about what’s going on here. I’d like to think that the hamburger on the plate in this photo is actually the brother of these children; however, he has recently been turned into a hamburger by the dark magic of a genie or perhaps a warlock. “Brother!” the children shout out, “Can you hear us?!” Unfortunately he can not, because he has become a delicious hamburger. Alternatively, what’s going on here might be similar to the final scene of Air Bud. Both children are calling to the hamburger, and whichever child the hamburger chooses gets to eat it. The photo does not provide us with enough information to determine which child is the protagonist and which child is the mean clown.post #78660 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:05ami miss the food markets and prospect park and good coffee in south brooklyn. And the convenience of the bars and totally sweet gaming store I'd to go to in the burg (the trek back to the heights late at nightis brutal).
But at the same time, I like the dominican food in the heights a lot (it's cheap and healthy and delicious, a trifecta that I felt the food Brooklyn was lacking) and i biked up to Ft. Tyron park last saturday and it was super nice (but not as nice as Prospect park, obviously). Plus, I just felt like I wasn't "cool" enough to live in Williamsburg--like "hey you wanna go to this secret Danny Brown show in Bushwick on Wednesday?" "sorry, I have work in the morning..."
My friends are all around the city so it's not like anywhere is better for me for that. But i've actually been able to carve out a fairly decent social circle uptown.
I only wish that there were better bars up here to meet girls (that wasn't really a consideration when I moved here).
(cool story bro, i know).
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 18 seconds ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...