as soon as i read your post, i already knew what you were talking about before even having to check the previous page. it's absolutely ridiculous, they went to that raf simons archive sale in antwerp and seem to have marked the prices up by about 1000%.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5244post #78647 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:07am
*flushes toilet*post #78648 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:18amSaw that. Not sure why they ran it. The "trend" is more than ten years old. I know there's a running joke that they're always late, and once they write about something it's over, but this one is absurd.
edit: also -- http://four-pins.com/style/the-25-best-brands-and-designers-of-the-menswear-era/post #78649 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:21am
I'm guessing an editor owed the writer a favor because it's just some sort of bizarro vanity project from a clueless old gay man.
If he didn't reference recently opened places I would have triple-checked the date it was published out of confusion.
I just wonder, like, what do people in the rest of the country think when they read something like that? Do they believe it?post #78650 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:24ampost #78651 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:45ampost #78652 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:45am
Maybe this is my old age setting in but I find myself believing more and more that anything our generation produces will be remembered in the future as simply "regrettable."Quote:
I sort of roll my eyes at myself for doing it, but it's really like anywhere else in that you have your friends, and the places you go to, and you really don't have to interact with anybody you might find "unsavory" (lol) if you don't want to. And I'm on the north side so it's more of a yuppie scene I guess, but whatever. It's comfortable and pleasant and convenient and has almost everything I want so there's always that. It's been good to me. But I do miss my little place on that quiet stretch of West 15th..post #78653 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:46ampost #78654 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:53ampost #78655 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:54ampffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-careerpost #78656 of 1090535/2/13 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
pffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-career
pfff... so mainstream. my main news source is feed buzz. http://vrunt.info/feedbuzz/the-5-best-stock-photos-of-arab-children-with-hamburgers/post #78657 of 1090535/2/13 at 8:00ampost #78658 of 1090535/2/13 at 8:01amdammit...i lose
1. Arab boy and girl shouting at hamburger
What’s so great about this image is that the viewer is really able to create his own story about what’s going on here. I’d like to think that the hamburger on the plate in this photo is actually the brother of these children; however, he has recently been turned into a hamburger by the dark magic of a genie or perhaps a warlock. “Brother!” the children shout out, “Can you hear us?!” Unfortunately he can not, because he has become a delicious hamburger. Alternatively, what’s going on here might be similar to the final scene of Air Bud. Both children are calling to the hamburger, and whichever child the hamburger chooses gets to eat it. The photo does not provide us with enough information to determine which child is the protagonist and which child is the mean clown.post #78659 of 1090535/2/13 at 8:05ami miss the food markets and prospect park and good coffee in south brooklyn. And the convenience of the bars and totally sweet gaming store I'd to go to in the burg (the trek back to the heights late at nightis brutal).
But at the same time, I like the dominican food in the heights a lot (it's cheap and healthy and delicious, a trifecta that I felt the food Brooklyn was lacking) and i biked up to Ft. Tyron park last saturday and it was super nice (but not as nice as Prospect park, obviously). Plus, I just felt like I wasn't "cool" enough to live in Williamsburg--like "hey you wanna go to this secret Danny Brown show in Bushwick on Wednesday?" "sorry, I have work in the morning..."
My friends are all around the city so it's not like anywhere is better for me for that. But i've actually been able to carve out a fairly decent social circle uptown.
I only wish that there were better bars up here to meet girls (that wasn't really a consideration when I moved here).
(cool story bro, i know).post #78660 of 1090535/2/13 at 8:06amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
"I returned the socks like an organic farmer who has learned that a friend has named her child Monsanto."
"...after two hours of this, I imagined that my increasingly hydrocephalic knees would burst through my pants legs."
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › J. Crew Slim Bowery 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 8 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 8 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...