Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:36 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5244post #78646 of 1090545/2/13 at 4:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78647 of 1090545/2/13 at 6:39am
as soon as i read your post, i already knew what you were talking about before even having to check the previous page. it's absolutely ridiculous, they went to that raf simons archive sale in antwerp and seem to have marked the prices up by about 1000%.post #78648 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:07am
*flushes toilet*post #78649 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:18amSaw that. Not sure why they ran it. The "trend" is more than ten years old. I know there's a running joke that they're always late, and once they write about something it's over, but this one is absurd.
edit: also -- http://four-pins.com/style/the-25-best-brands-and-designers-of-the-menswear-era/post #78650 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:21am
I'm guessing an editor owed the writer a favor because it's just some sort of bizarro vanity project from a clueless old gay man.
If he didn't reference recently opened places I would have triple-checked the date it was published out of confusion.
I just wonder, like, what do people in the rest of the country think when they read something like that? Do they believe it?post #78651 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:24ampost #78652 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:45ampost #78653 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:45am
Maybe this is my old age setting in but I find myself believing more and more that anything our generation produces will be remembered in the future as simply "regrettable."Quote:
I sort of roll my eyes at myself for doing it, but it's really like anywhere else in that you have your friends, and the places you go to, and you really don't have to interact with anybody you might find "unsavory" (lol) if you don't want to. And I'm on the north side so it's more of a yuppie scene I guess, but whatever. It's comfortable and pleasant and convenient and has almost everything I want so there's always that. It's been good to me. But I do miss my little place on that quiet stretch of West 15th..post #78654 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:46ampost #78655 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:53ampost #78656 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:54ampffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-careerpost #78657 of 1090545/2/13 at 7:56amQuote:Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck
pffff...so white collar. my main news source is buzz feed. http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/the-ups-and-downs-of-kris-kross-musical-career
pfff... so mainstream. my main news source is feed buzz. http://vrunt.info/feedbuzz/the-5-best-stock-photos-of-arab-children-with-hamburgers/post #78658 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:00ampost #78659 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:01amdammit...i lose
1. Arab boy and girl shouting at hamburger
What’s so great about this image is that the viewer is really able to create his own story about what’s going on here. I’d like to think that the hamburger on the plate in this photo is actually the brother of these children; however, he has recently been turned into a hamburger by the dark magic of a genie or perhaps a warlock. “Brother!” the children shout out, “Can you hear us?!” Unfortunately he can not, because he has become a delicious hamburger. Alternatively, what’s going on here might be similar to the final scene of Air Bud. Both children are calling to the hamburger, and whichever child the hamburger chooses gets to eat it. The photo does not provide us with enough information to determine which child is the protagonist and which child is the mean clown.post #78660 of 1090545/2/13 at 8:05ami miss the food markets and prospect park and good coffee in south brooklyn. And the convenience of the bars and totally sweet gaming store I'd to go to in the burg (the trek back to the heights late at nightis brutal).
But at the same time, I like the dominican food in the heights a lot (it's cheap and healthy and delicious, a trifecta that I felt the food Brooklyn was lacking) and i biked up to Ft. Tyron park last saturday and it was super nice (but not as nice as Prospect park, obviously). Plus, I just felt like I wasn't "cool" enough to live in Williamsburg--like "hey you wanna go to this secret Danny Brown show in Bushwick on Wednesday?" "sorry, I have work in the morning..."
My friends are all around the city so it's not like anywhere is better for me for that. But i've actually been able to carve out a fairly decent social circle uptown.
I only wish that there were better bars up here to meet girls (that wasn't really a consideration when I moved here).
(cool story bro, i know).
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 13 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The GQ Fit (I want it as tight as possible without cutting off... 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 minutes ago
- › Art 7 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...