or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5179

post #77671 of 94723
I read oryx and crake when I was really young and it was profoundly depressing. Can't say it hasn't stuck with me.
post #77672 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

I read oryx and crake when I was really young and it was profoundly depressing. Can't say it hasn't st:satisfied:uck with me.

did you read 'the year of the flood' ? Also, isn't there another one coming out soon?
post #77673 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

Oh, and speaking of tech ninja, I want to hear some stories about Isaora's quality. Cause there have been varying accounts. And you know I can't stick my toe in that ish until I know it won't fall apart on me. What have been y'all's experiences?

My geo panel pants from the last S/S have torn in like 3-4 places (including a big hole in the crotch) within about 6-7ish months and regular wear.
post #77674 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

Oh, and speaking of tech ninja, I want to hear some stories about Isaora's quality. Cause there have been varying accounts. And you know I can't stick my toe in that ish until I know it won't fall apart on me. What have been y'all's experiences?

Was OK, I bought my stuff on a pretty deep discount (60%+) and wouldn't have paid more. It's pretty standard tech gear, no better than REI or anything. I only owned two jackets briefly though.
post #77675 of 94723
Don't let oryx and crake stop you from being enjoyably profoundly depressed by handmaids tale or blind assassin
post #77676 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

Was OK, I bought my stuff on a pretty deep discount (60%+) and wouldn't have paid more. It's pretty standard tech gear, no better than REI or anything. I only owned two jackets briefly though.

I got several pieces. im a fan, and the dudes who run it are stand up. I usually kop on sale, but will buy some t shirts here and there retail.

just got this fleece that feels like your being hugged by silky ewoks on molly
so cozy.

post #77677 of 94723
I got a couple things from earlier Isaora seasons but haven't been as big a fan of their recent stuff.

Materials aren't anything special but have held up OK. Would only buy again on deep discount.
post #77678 of 94723
Would someone from the United States kindly be able to proxy something for me? Mr. Porter won't ship a certain item to Canada. Let me know either on here or by PM, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonadejello View Post

Hey book people, I haven't read anything voluntarily in probably eight years or more but now I think Margaret Atwood is super cool because of The Knife so I just tore through Oryx and Crake in two days and I'll probably do Year of the Flood next week.

Anyone read either of those/have an opinion on her? Or similar recommendations?

Have I been duped/am I a book hipster now? Is that a thing?

What did you like about Oryx and Crake? What other kind of books are you into (or is that a dumb question)?

Some books I like (some old, some new): Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Erasers by Alain Robbe-Grillet
Scorch Atlas by Blake Butler
The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño
Locus Solus by Raymond Roussel
"The U.S.A. Trilogy" by John Dos Passos
Maximum City by Suketu Mehta
Notes from Underground by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Quick and the Dead by Joy Williams
The Aesthetics of Reistance by Peter Weiss
Gods Without Men by Hari Kunzru
Stranger Things Happen by Kelly Link

I'm also a general fan of David Mitchell, Kōbō Abe, Philip K. Dick, J.G. Ballard, Joyce Carol Oates.
post #77679 of 94723
How do you register for yahoo japan auctions? I clicked on the register form but it seems to be only for Japanese (asks for postal code.)
post #77680 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post

Oh, and speaking of tech ninja, I want to hear some stories about Isaora's quality. Cause there have been varying accounts. And you know I can't stick my toe in that ish until I know it won't fall apart on me. What have been y'all's experiences?

I've had the sweat shorts and track pants. Sweat shorts ripped after one wash and the zipper was super stiff and made it look like you constantly had a chub. I threw those out. The track pants are pretty cool, comfortable, I like them, but I don't see anything there to justify retail. To echo the other sentiments, buy their stuff if you like it, just wait for a deep sale.
post #77681 of 94723
I read Oryx & Crake when I graduated high school and thought it was pretty mediocre because I'd already been reading sci-fi for years and it just seemed like par for the course with -- maybe -- a bit more flair than usual.

Meanwhile the literary establishment shit itself in enthusiastic amazement that someone had written, well, science fiction.
post #77682 of 94723
Looking forward to new ute stock smile.gif
post #77683 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat View Post

How do you register for yahoo japan auctions? I clicked on the register form but it seems to be only for Japanese (asks for postal code.)

All of that talk about Japanese proxies ain't because those folks are too lazy to do their own bidding.
post #77684 of 94723
Oh, well I just wanted to ask a question about an item and you have to register to do that too. I see, thanks.
post #77685 of 94723
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

I read Oryx & Crake when I graduated high school and thought it was pretty mediocre because I'd already been reading sci-fi for years and it just seemed like par for the course with -- maybe -- a bit more flair than usual.


Meanwhile the literary establishment shit itself in enthusiastic amazement that someone had written, well, science fiction.

Well Atwood is a good writer. I just read otherland again and it bored me to death.


Edit, all four books.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts