that usually shrinks my APCs and gets rid of diaper ass for awhile
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5099post #76471 of 1090543/26/13 at 11:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76472 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:02pmpost #76473 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
Good call. He's wearing the same printed shirt underneath. With those sunnies I actually like the lookpost #76474 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:04pmQuote:
You clearly haven't seen City of God.
Warning: Trailer (Click to show)post #76475 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:06pmpost #76476 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:08pmQuote:
I just read the article and it kind of bummed me out. Maybe I'm spending too much time and interest on the appreciation of clothes. At the end of the day they're just garments we wear on our bodies. There's a certain level of vanity that one can reach in fashion hobbyism that makes me uncomfortable with the whole thing.post #76477 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:14pmpost #76478 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:24pmpost #76479 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:25pmQuote:
As uncomfortable as stories of overconsumption make me feel, let's not kid ourselves-- clothing is and has always been more than just something we use to cover our bodies. Like, for just about every assemblage of people ever.post #76480 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:29pmQuote:
I just watched that video. couple things:
1. Yes, ASAP incorporates real live impoverished people into his brand/narrative/fantasy. But no, that's no different from the fantasized version of urban decay that hip hop has used since it started. discussing the use of dominican folks as a suddenly new problem ignores every other romanticized portrayal of the inner city.
2. bringing children of god into this is just dumb. totally differentpost #76481 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:41pmQuote:
I agree. I didn't mean that clothes have no significance culturally or socially, but that in the end they are, as physical objects, just pieces of fabric woven together in pretty shapes, and that such a thing should not so strongly influence the life of one interested in fashion. There's just the pitfall of letting clothing define who you are, instead of defining the clothing yourself. Buzz made the pitfall of following the former, it seems. It's not even the consumerism that bothers me, but the pity for this man's way of thinking.post #76482 of 1090543/26/13 at 12:57pmAnyone read that story of the stupid fucking 14/15 year old kids shooting and killing a baby (in the face) in front of its mother because the mom did not have money to give/be robbed of? There is no place in society for such scum. But of course they will have a trial and appeals, and waste a lot of time and money, when they should just be thrown to the wolves immediately.
Any chance they saw the glorification of firearms somewhere and it influenced their actions?post #76483 of 1090543/26/13 at 1:03pmpost #76484 of 1090543/26/13 at 1:06pmpost #76485 of 1090543/26/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
I agree. I didn't mean that clothes have no significance culturally or socially, but that in the end they are, as physical objects, just pieces of fabric woven together in pretty shapes, and that such a thing should not so strongly influence the life of one interested in fashion. There's just the pitfall of letting clothing define who you are, instead of defining the clothing yourself. Buzz made the pitfall of following the former, it seems. It's not even the consumerism that bothers me, but the pity for this man's way of thinking.
He was fully aware of the absurdity of what he was doing, though. Shopping produces dopamine, the same chemical that cocaine and crack release, which is why shopping addicts (and world of warcraft players) display many similarities to certain kinds of drug addicts. You can be aware of the problem and still unable to stop.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 43 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › What college did you go/do you go to? 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galway 11/11.5 uk price reduced 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?