or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 5099

post #76471 of 99137
wash and hang dry?

that usually shrinks my APCs and gets rid of diaper ass for awhile
post #76472 of 99137
Well, I always hang dry them after washing. Although I'm not sure when it was I last washed these. Guess I'll hope it shrinks them a little.
post #76473 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Bows it resembles a white version (but not exactly the same) of that Balenciaga jacket that's out for this season.

Also, all the guns are censored in that crappy video to that crappy song. Jeezy's "r.i.p." video has the words "to the head" censored.

Good call. He's wearing the same printed shirt underneath. With those sunnies I actually like the look
post #76474 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

Guns in a rap video? Oh no, my virgin eyes!


rotflmao.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

idk glorifying little kids in 3rd world slums with guns and drugs is kinda fucked.


You clearly haven't seen City of God.

City+of+God1.jpg
Warning: Trailer (Click to show)
post #76475 of 99137
none of my recent purchases fit except for a pair of cordovan leeds that i'm not sure what to do it. it's more formal than i thought
post #76476 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

That Buzz Bissinger article is horrifying. I don't think I'll buy clothing ever again


I just read the article and it kind of bummed me out. Maybe I'm spending too much time and interest on the appreciation of clothes. At the end of the day they're just garments we wear on our bodies. There's a certain level of vanity that one can reach in fashion hobbyism that makes me uncomfortable with the whole thing. 

post #76477 of 99137

 

 

post #76478 of 99137
yeah cuz City of God is all about how it's awesome that kids have guns right bruh?

you should watch requiem for a dream because it's all about how great heroin is.
post #76479 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

At the end of the day they're just garments we wear on our bodies.

As uncomfortable as stories of overconsumption make me feel, let's not kid ourselves-- clothing is and has always been more than just something we use to cover our bodies. Like, for just about every assemblage of people ever.
post #76480 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty View Post

yeah cuz City of God is all about how it's awesome that kids have guns right bruh?

you should watch requiem for a dream because it's all about how great heroin is.

I just watched that video. couple things:

1. Yes, ASAP incorporates real live impoverished people into his brand/narrative/fantasy. But no, that's no different from the fantasized version of urban decay that hip hop has used since it started. discussing the use of dominican folks as a suddenly new problem ignores every other romanticized portrayal of the inner city.

2. bringing children of god into this is just dumb. totally different
post #76481 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance View Post


As uncomfortable as stories of overconsumption make me feel, let's not kid ourselves-- clothing is and has always been more than just something we use to cover our bodies. Like, for just about every assemblage of people ever.

 

I agree. I didn't mean that clothes have no significance culturally or socially, but that in the end they are, as physical objects, just pieces of fabric woven together in pretty shapes, and that such a thing should not so strongly influence the life of one interested in fashion. There's just the pitfall of letting clothing define who you are, instead of defining the clothing yourself. Buzz made the pitfall of following the former, it seems. It's not even the consumerism that bothers me, but the pity for this man's way of thinking.

post #76482 of 99137
Anyone read that story of the stupid fucking 14/15 year old kids shooting and killing a baby (in the face) in front of its mother because the mom did not have money to give/be robbed of? There is no place in society for such scum. But of course they will have a trial and appeals, and waste a lot of time and money, when they should just be thrown to the wolves immediately.

Any chance they saw the glorification of firearms somewhere and it influenced their actions?
post #76483 of 99137
Wolves would get the job done too fast.
post #76484 of 99137

They definitely deserve a trial.

post #76485 of 99137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

 

I agree. I didn't mean that clothes have no significance culturally or socially, but that in the end they are, as physical objects, just pieces of fabric woven together in pretty shapes, and that such a thing should not so strongly influence the life of one interested in fashion. There's just the pitfall of letting clothing define who you are, instead of defining the clothing yourself. Buzz made the pitfall of following the former, it seems. It's not even the consumerism that bothers me, but the pity for this man's way of thinking.

 

He was fully aware of the absurdity of what he was doing, though.  Shopping produces dopamine, the same chemical that cocaine and crack release, which is why shopping addicts (and world of warcraft players) display many similarities to certain kinds of drug addicts.  You can be aware of the problem and still unable to stop.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts