Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5080
Styleforum Top Picks
cover as much of your body as possible using only two flannel shirts
For somebody that gets dressed in biz cas or wears a suit to work each day (I assume you are in the former) you legitimately need 10 dress shirts (I prefer 15). This way you can go to the cleaners once on the weekend and always have enough shirts to get you through the week.
For shoes, I would say you need two pairs for work. Putting your shoes in trees and giving them a full 36 hours to "air-out" before their next wearing will prolong their life meaningfully. Plus, you're going to want one pair in black and one in brown anyways.
Ties - Yeah, you probably don't need more than 10-15.
As for the one off weird things (tux, plaid pants), so long as your closet isn't jammed with these sort of things, just keep them. While their use is limited, having them around when you need them is part of what constitutes real style. I have a velvet blazer that I pretty much only wear during Christmas, but it kicks ass every Christmas and that's what I like about it.
I have 60... and counting...
I don't know how people take high end designer prices seriously when sales are often over 75% off... I guess only the super rich buy this stuff at full price...
Also, what are people's success rates buying items online from places like yoox? I return over 50% of the stuff I order, just today I had 5 out of 5 pieces from MyHabit not work out, sent them all back... but I've had a few great finds, a $2k coat for $360 and a really nice blazer/jacket kind of thing that was $600 for $75, and I really like both pieces. Those finds will keep me at it, but the stuff that doesn't work is disappointing...
Simple black derby from Red Wing
Too bad no half sizes
One guy wanted something, pms me and doesn't follow my payment instruction so I refund him so he can send the proper amount and he never sends it or pms back even though I know he's read my pms. I even said "hey motherfucker I know you've read my pms bitch". Ok I didn't quite articulate it that way but you get the gist.
Another character wanted my brand new unworn apcs which I had listed the waist size for. He asks if I can measure the inseam, no problem and he says perfect. Then he goes ok before I send the money can you measure the knee (wtf?) and the hem (understandable) but at this point you pretty much know what to expect. He also says he'll have the money in a day or two (ok) so a couple days goes by and he doesn't send the money as he stated. I don't pm him back to see if he'll keep his word (this point i'm doubtful) and he's waiting for these crucial measurements so I pm him after several days "hey do you still want these, if so I can measure" and his response was the measurements won't hurt. At this point I'm like wtf kind of response is that and my hunch that he was wasting my time for specs was accurate as after I sent them, no response. I follow up and he finally responds with oh too big. Right.
I know, cool story bros.
PS. someone buy my margiela leather and all my shoes
- Random fashion thoughts
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 53 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 4 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...