Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:47 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5080post #76186 of 1090543/22/13 at 3:28pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76187 of 1090543/22/13 at 3:30pmpost #76188 of 1090543/22/13 at 3:31pmpost #76189 of 1090543/22/13 at 4:00pmpost #76190 of 1090543/22/13 at 4:21pmpost #76191 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:06pmpost #76192 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:22pmat the risk of sounding cliche, i'm beginning to find the emotional connection i develop with my clothes to be very interesting. for example, i have a pair of levis that aren't anything special (except they fit perfectly) that i'm considering sending off to get the crotch repaired. it'll certainly cost almost as much as the pants cost new to get them repaired, but for some reason it seems worth it. same with my old pair of n&f, which I've spent probably a total of $100 at this point getting repaired. or synth's super destroyed APCs. Most people would throw those out, but they really become a part of your wardrobe you don't want to see disappear.post #76193 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:24pmpost #76194 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Quote:
cover as much of your body as possible using only two flannel shirtspost #76195 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
For somebody that gets dressed in biz cas or wears a suit to work each day (I assume you are in the former) you legitimately need 10 dress shirts (I prefer 15). This way you can go to the cleaners once on the weekend and always have enough shirts to get you through the week.
For shoes, I would say you need two pairs for work. Putting your shoes in trees and giving them a full 36 hours to "air-out" before their next wearing will prolong their life meaningfully. Plus, you're going to want one pair in black and one in brown anyways.
Ties - Yeah, you probably don't need more than 10-15.
As for the one off weird things (tux, plaid pants), so long as your closet isn't jammed with these sort of things, just keep them. While their use is limited, having them around when you need them is part of what constitutes real style. I have a velvet blazer that I pretty much only wear during Christmas, but it kicks ass every Christmas and that's what I like about it.
I have 60... and counting...post #76196 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:50pm
I don't know how people take high end designer prices seriously when sales are often over 75% off... I guess only the super rich buy this stuff at full price...
Also, what are people's success rates buying items online from places like yoox? I return over 50% of the stuff I order, just today I had 5 out of 5 pieces from MyHabit not work out, sent them all back... but I've had a few great finds, a $2k coat for $360 and a really nice blazer/jacket kind of thing that was $600 for $75, and I really like both pieces. Those finds will keep me at it, but the stuff that doesn't work is disappointing...post #76197 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:56pmpost #76198 of 1090543/22/13 at 7:57pmpost #76199 of 1090543/22/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
Simple black derby from Red Wing
Too bad no half sizespost #76200 of 1090543/22/13 at 8:10pmSo a couple of b&s or should i say bs experiences to share.
One guy wanted something, pms me and doesn't follow my payment instruction so I refund him so he can send the proper amount and he never sends it or pms back even though I know he's read my pms. I even said "hey motherfucker I know you've read my pms bitch". Ok I didn't quite articulate it that way but you get the gist.
Another character wanted my brand new unworn apcs which I had listed the waist size for. He asks if I can measure the inseam, no problem and he says perfect. Then he goes ok before I send the money can you measure the knee (wtf?) and the hem (understandable) but at this point you pretty much know what to expect. He also says he'll have the money in a day or two (ok) so a couple days goes by and he doesn't send the money as he stated. I don't pm him back to see if he'll keep his word (this point i'm doubtful) and he's waiting for these crucial measurements so I pm him after several days "hey do you still want these, if so I can measure" and his response was the measurements won't hurt. At this point I'm like wtf kind of response is that and my hunch that he was wasting my time for specs was accurate as after I sent them, no response. I follow up and he finally responds with oh too big. Right.
I know, cool story bros.
PS. someone buy my margiela leather and all my shoes
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Official Sales Alert thread just now
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › NIB 10D Dolce & Gabbana Leather Derby Shoes from Mr Porter 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...