pm me, do not trust 4est
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5080post #76186 of 1090533/22/13 at 3:30pmpost #76187 of 1090533/22/13 at 3:31pmpost #76188 of 1090533/22/13 at 4:00pmpost #76189 of 1090533/22/13 at 4:21pmpost #76190 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:06pmpost #76191 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:22pmat the risk of sounding cliche, i'm beginning to find the emotional connection i develop with my clothes to be very interesting. for example, i have a pair of levis that aren't anything special (except they fit perfectly) that i'm considering sending off to get the crotch repaired. it'll certainly cost almost as much as the pants cost new to get them repaired, but for some reason it seems worth it. same with my old pair of n&f, which I've spent probably a total of $100 at this point getting repaired. or synth's super destroyed APCs. Most people would throw those out, but they really become a part of your wardrobe you don't want to see disappear.post #76192 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:24pmpost #76193 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Quote:
cover as much of your body as possible using only two flannel shirtspost #76194 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
For somebody that gets dressed in biz cas or wears a suit to work each day (I assume you are in the former) you legitimately need 10 dress shirts (I prefer 15). This way you can go to the cleaners once on the weekend and always have enough shirts to get you through the week.
For shoes, I would say you need two pairs for work. Putting your shoes in trees and giving them a full 36 hours to "air-out" before their next wearing will prolong their life meaningfully. Plus, you're going to want one pair in black and one in brown anyways.
Ties - Yeah, you probably don't need more than 10-15.
As for the one off weird things (tux, plaid pants), so long as your closet isn't jammed with these sort of things, just keep them. While their use is limited, having them around when you need them is part of what constitutes real style. I have a velvet blazer that I pretty much only wear during Christmas, but it kicks ass every Christmas and that's what I like about it.
I have 60... and counting...post #76195 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:50pm
I don't know how people take high end designer prices seriously when sales are often over 75% off... I guess only the super rich buy this stuff at full price...
Also, what are people's success rates buying items online from places like yoox? I return over 50% of the stuff I order, just today I had 5 out of 5 pieces from MyHabit not work out, sent them all back... but I've had a few great finds, a $2k coat for $360 and a really nice blazer/jacket kind of thing that was $600 for $75, and I really like both pieces. Those finds will keep me at it, but the stuff that doesn't work is disappointing...post #76196 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:56pmpost #76197 of 1090533/22/13 at 7:57pmpost #76198 of 1090533/22/13 at 8:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
Simple black derby from Red Wing
Too bad no half sizespost #76199 of 1090533/22/13 at 8:10pmSo a couple of b&s or should i say bs experiences to share.
One guy wanted something, pms me and doesn't follow my payment instruction so I refund him so he can send the proper amount and he never sends it or pms back even though I know he's read my pms. I even said "hey motherfucker I know you've read my pms bitch". Ok I didn't quite articulate it that way but you get the gist.
Another character wanted my brand new unworn apcs which I had listed the waist size for. He asks if I can measure the inseam, no problem and he says perfect. Then he goes ok before I send the money can you measure the knee (wtf?) and the hem (understandable) but at this point you pretty much know what to expect. He also says he'll have the money in a day or two (ok) so a couple days goes by and he doesn't send the money as he stated. I don't pm him back to see if he'll keep his word (this point i'm doubtful) and he's waiting for these crucial measurements so I pm him after several days "hey do you still want these, if so I can measure" and his response was the measurements won't hurt. At this point I'm like wtf kind of response is that and my hunch that he was wasting my time for specs was accurate as after I sent them, no response. I follow up and he finally responds with oh too big. Right.
I know, cool story bros.
PS. someone buy my margiela leather and all my shoespost #76200 of 1090533/22/13 at 8:33pm
Just put it all in your listing:
here are all the measurements you'll ever need
first to pay gets the item
This will save you a lot of headaches.
That said, this week I had several tabs open and got mixed-up and offered to pay APK for a blazer in ties.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › things that are making you happy 32 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 33 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 35 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 13 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 17 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 22 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 23th of September 2016 - 'The Great Outdoors' 37 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...