Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/23/16 at 8:04pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5070post #76036 of 1090533/21/13 at 6:11ampost #76037 of 1090533/21/13 at 7:46amQuote:
I don't have any good SWD recommendations (and I would avoid Primark's, it's all really cheap H&M level stuff from what I could tell, but maybe you'll find a couple odd items you like), but Drake's is a good and obvious MC stop to make. Jermyn street for shirts, but again this is more of an MC thing. Nothing is cheap in London...
Food-wise, I would say eat in pubs but try to find the nicer ones that serve Fuller's beer and the food will generally be better at those. Go to Brick Lane for a curry; there are a bunch of places up and down the street with dudes out front who will offer you deals. As far as I could tell, the food is all about equivalent, so try to get some extras thrown in like a bottle of wine or whatever and go with whoever gives you a deal.post #76038 of 1090533/21/13 at 7:55amlight show at the hayward gallery on the south bank T. some really good pieces in it, James Turrell, Anthony McCall, Cerith Wyn Evans etc.
ice age art at the british museum is stunning, if that appeals.
The Anchor & Hope is a good pub for food not very far away, you can't book though you just have to show up and wait.
pretty obvious but you should def check out the mens' stuff at liberty, i think a lot of it would appeal to you.
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 3/21/13 at 8:18ampost #76039 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:23ampost #76040 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:36ampost #76041 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:37ampost #76042 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:49am
I always go to these things as a vague networking event so i don't dress up. TBH i'm probably just going to get stoned and spend most of my time in the tabletop area.
If i had the opportunity I'd probably do Finn though--I have the hat and could easily get the sword. I'm kind of sad but my robin costume from SDCC '09 is wayyyyy too tight now.post #76043 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:53ampost #76044 of 1090533/21/13 at 8:56ampost #76045 of 1090533/21/13 at 9:17ampost #76046 of 1090533/21/13 at 9:33ampost #76047 of 1090533/21/13 at 9:44ampost #76048 of 1090533/21/13 at 9:51ampost #76049 of 1090533/21/13 at 10:17ampost #76050 of 1090533/21/13 at 10:30amQuote:
i'll let you know how it is.
mostly applies to comic conventions b/c i've worked at some comic companies/have friends in the industry and so now i go to maintain the connections. But like, you never know who you're gonna meet at these things so I like to not look like a fanboy generally.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 57 seconds ago
- › Orban's - Cheap, affordable European made Goodyear Welted shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...