Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5070post #76036 of 1090543/21/13 at 6:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #76037 of 1090543/21/13 at 6:11ampost #76038 of 1090543/21/13 at 7:46amQuote:
I don't have any good SWD recommendations (and I would avoid Primark's, it's all really cheap H&M level stuff from what I could tell, but maybe you'll find a couple odd items you like), but Drake's is a good and obvious MC stop to make. Jermyn street for shirts, but again this is more of an MC thing. Nothing is cheap in London...
Food-wise, I would say eat in pubs but try to find the nicer ones that serve Fuller's beer and the food will generally be better at those. Go to Brick Lane for a curry; there are a bunch of places up and down the street with dudes out front who will offer you deals. As far as I could tell, the food is all about equivalent, so try to get some extras thrown in like a bottle of wine or whatever and go with whoever gives you a deal.post #76039 of 1090543/21/13 at 7:55amlight show at the hayward gallery on the south bank T. some really good pieces in it, James Turrell, Anthony McCall, Cerith Wyn Evans etc.
ice age art at the british museum is stunning, if that appeals.
The Anchor & Hope is a good pub for food not very far away, you can't book though you just have to show up and wait.
pretty obvious but you should def check out the mens' stuff at liberty, i think a lot of it would appeal to you.
Edited by robinsongreen68 - 3/21/13 at 8:18ampost #76040 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:23ampost #76041 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:36ampost #76042 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:37ampost #76043 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:49am
I always go to these things as a vague networking event so i don't dress up. TBH i'm probably just going to get stoned and spend most of my time in the tabletop area.
If i had the opportunity I'd probably do Finn though--I have the hat and could easily get the sword. I'm kind of sad but my robin costume from SDCC '09 is wayyyyy too tight now.post #76044 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:53ampost #76045 of 1090543/21/13 at 8:56ampost #76046 of 1090543/21/13 at 9:17ampost #76047 of 1090543/21/13 at 9:33ampost #76048 of 1090543/21/13 at 9:44ampost #76049 of 1090543/21/13 at 9:51am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 13 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...