A special design just for me
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:59 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5051post #75751 of 1090543/15/13 at 7:38am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75752 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:26amI'm not entirely sure what some designers are thinking when they cut the arm lengths of their jackets, especially those with functional cuffs. My arm length is proportional to my height, but without fail the sleeves are an inch or two too long. Shirt sleeve lengths are never an issue though, so I have no idea what they're thinking.post #75753 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:31ampost #75754 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:31amI agree on the arm length. Really, unless you're getting a mtm jacket, who cares about functional cuffs? I recently saw a jacket (Jil, maybe?) that didn't even have buttons on the cuff. It just included them, which I presume is because they assumed you would have the sleeve tailored to the appropriate length yourself. Makes sense. Like unfinished hems.
By the way, nobody should worry about Yoox. They're doing just fine:
"Italy's Yoox posts 29 pct rise in 2012 sales"
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/06/yoox-results-idUSI6N0AK02G20130206?type=companyNewspost #75755 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:41ampost #75756 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:42amYou know, one day Yoox will finally take flattering shots of their clothing, and suddenly people will buy full-priced Yoox stuff with the same fervor as they buy deep-discount merch from the current season. Dream boxes will deplete overnight. Cothes will disappear as soon as they appear. Yoox will post record gains. All the fun will be gone :-(post #75757 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
You know, one day Yoox will finally take flattering shots of their clothing, and suddenly people will buy full-priced Yoox stuff with the same fervor as they would with deep-discount merch from the current season. Dream boxes will deplete overnight. Cothes will disappear as soon as they appear. Yoox will post record gains. All the fun will be gone :-(
They do post flattering shots it's this special site from the yoox group and what they feel are their most coveted designers.
thecorner.compost #75758 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:52ampost #75759 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:54ampost #75760 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:55ampost #75761 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Not exactly. The corner is a commission webshop for designers who don't have the funds don't want to set something up themselves (most of them). Their selection is picked and owned by the designer (or whoever), not by Yoox, and yoox takes a share of the profits. If the stuff doesn't sell, yoox buys it at deep discount and moves it to yoox.com.post #75762 of 1090543/15/13 at 8:58amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
Not exactly. The corner is a commission webshop for designers who don't have the funds to set something up themselves (most of them). Their selection is picked and owned by the designer (or whoever), not by Yoox, and yoox takes a share of the profits. If the stuff doesn't sell, yoox buys it at deep discount and moves it to yoox.com.
Still part of the yoox group and the stuff they sell there is also being sold at yoox it's the same stock.post #75763 of 1090543/15/13 at 9:10ampost #75764 of 1090543/15/13 at 9:12ampost #75765 of 1090543/15/13 at 9:23amA lot of different stores run on the Yoox platform. Though I'm not sure how much Yoox is really involved beyond contributing the technology. It would be interesting to know if Yoox is also warehousing the stock and keeping track of inventory and all that.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Reduced! Tumi Black Leather Briefcase, NWT, Slim Deluxe Portfolio,... 3 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2016 Presidential Candidates Style and Fashion 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...