Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5048post #75706 of 1090533/14/13 at 12:13pmpost #75707 of 1090533/14/13 at 1:10pmpost #75708 of 1090533/14/13 at 1:33pmpost #75709 of 1090533/14/13 at 1:36pmNeat bag, has a utilitarian feel to it
http://topodesigns.com/collection/mountain-briefcase/post #75710 of 1090533/14/13 at 2:24pmpost #75711 of 1090533/14/13 at 2:27pmpost #75712 of 1090533/14/13 at 2:31pmpost #75713 of 1090533/14/13 at 2:56pmI'm pretty cheap, but the entitlement when it comes to shipping expenses is beyond even me, especially when there's already a discount code in play. Maybe don't buy expensive clothing if a few extra bucks for shipping causes your world to fold in on itself?post #75714 of 1090533/14/13 at 3:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
I'm pretty cheap, but the entitlement when it comes to shipping expenses is beyond even me, especially when there's already a discount code in play. Maybe don't buy expensive clothing if a few extra bucks for shipping causes your world to fold in on itself?
My world is fine. No need to get upset/personal. You're wealthier and more privileged than me, so we probably have different worldviews on this kind of topic.
And I don't see how it's entitlement, just a preference. I didn't want to pay that price for shipping a single shirt, so I didn't. I don't see why you're trying so hard to argue against the consumer here. Do you run a business or something? And there is such a thing as free shipping. When I am not paying for shipping, it is free to me.
I didn't even say I wanted free shipping, just fair shipping.post #75715 of 1090533/14/13 at 3:23pmpost #75716 of 1090533/14/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
You say there's no need to get personal and immediately follow it up with a totally inaccurate statement as if it's fact, not just a possibility. Spoiler: I grew up in a single-parent, lower-middle class household. Money was usually tight.Quote:And I don't see how it's entitlement, just a preference.
As if there's a large segment of consumers who prefer to pay for shipping. I don't like paying for shipping, either, but understand that it's an expense that someone has to absorb. A lot of the vendors favored around here can't afford to offer free shipping unless it's for a larger order. They aren't GAP.Quote:I don't see why you're trying so hard to argue against the consumer here.
I'm not arguing against the consumer. I'm looking at it from a perspective other than just my own. Give it a shot sometime.Quote:And there is such a thing as free shipping. When I am not paying for shipping, it is free to me
That's great, except what I said in the other thread was, "There is no such thing as free shipping. Someone is paying to get the parcel from Point A to Point B."
If I had said, "There is no such thing as free shipping, even when the guy who wanted to do a ToJ group buy doesn't have to pay for it," then maybe you'd be on to something.
My whole point in that thread was that people have become so accustomed to free shipping being inclusive with any purchase they make online that it's seemingly made a lot of them forget that someone still needs to absorb the expense of getting the package from one place to its destination. Businesses may get price breaks on shipping costs, but they're still paying something. I don't see how a vendor offering 30 percent off its items and then you complaining about the shipping costs is anything other than entitlement on your part. But YMMV.Quote:I didn't even say I wanted free shipping, just fair shipping.
As someone pointed out, that place, like many small businesses, charge a flat rate rather than based on what the item is. I'm sure this is a lot less of a headache for businesses, and the difference in cost to the consumer is marginal when you consider that these are not inexpensive goods we're talking about.post #75717 of 1090533/14/13 at 3:31pmlooking for size 29-30 cropped pants/shorts with small hem openings to wear with my rafstros during the summer. please help find.
something like this...but not in a size 5
Edited by nahneun - 3/14/13 at 4:04pmpost #75718 of 1090533/14/13 at 3:31pmpost #75719 of 1090533/14/13 at 5:40pm
I met the dude that owns/started this company, thought it was interesting that he had no idea what the blogosphere or #menswear are.Quote:Originally Posted by afixedpoint
Neat bag, has a utilitarian feel to it
http://topodesigns.com/collection/mountain-briefcase/post #75720 of 1090533/14/13 at 6:06pmI personally think that free shipping and free returns are nearly always a good idea. Repeated studies have shown a much higher repeat customer rate when both are available, and easy. A prepaid return shipping label is key. That said, $14 for UPS shipping is nothing. If you were buying it in state, you would pay that much in taxes, and given the rates these days, I'd say that for most orders, retailers are eating a big chunk of the shipping.
Also, lol at this:Quote:You have real tough #FirstworldproblemsMy world is fine. No need to get upset/personal. You're wealthier and more privileged than me, so we probably have different worldviews on this kind of topic.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › WTB: Nike Acronym Lunar Force 1 Black 8.5 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 34 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 35 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...