Maybe s/he wanted to expose you to the finer points of menswear
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5042post #75616 of 1090543/13/13 at 2:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75617 of 1090543/13/13 at 2:33pmpost #75618 of 1090543/13/13 at 2:37pmpost #75619 of 1090543/13/13 at 2:42pmpost #75620 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:00pmI prefer buying experiences to clothes and other material goods because they last longer. Last month I bought the experience of putting on different shoes and I think I'll remember that feeling for longer and I'll also be able to relive it for at least 1 year or whenever they're worn out. I'll always have the memories.post #75621 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:10pmpost #75622 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:14pmpost #75623 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:15pmI've been watching a bit of parks and rec recently, it really seems like an Entertainment 720 event. Has the right buzzwords etc.
Also just bought the experience of buying ethically made high quality denim. Memories for a lifetime.
PS people who aren't in the top tax bracket shouldn't be allowed to shop anywhere other than thrift stores.
Edited by buran - 3/13/13 at 3:33pmpost #75624 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:16pmpost #75625 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:33pmpost #75626 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:45pmpost #75627 of 1090543/13/13 at 3:48pmpost #75628 of 1090543/13/13 at 4:03pmThese 3 old posts deserve to be bookmarked/re-read from time to time. (from the $5k wardrobe thread)
Fuuma's breakdown - http://www.styleforum.net/t/167456/the-5-000-wardrobe/15#post_2984859
Fuuma's infamous Vass MTO boots - http://www.styleforum.net/t/167456/the-5-000-wardrobe/75#post_2987284
Drew's breakdown - http://www.styleforum.net/t/167456/the-5-000-wardrobe/165#post_4551098
Obviously these may not work for everyone (especially depending on what you wear to work). Also, prices may have changed from the time of the posts.
This is a new post by Fuuma that's more budget oriented
http://www.styleforum.net/t/333978/please-help-with-redoing-wardrobe/15#post_6206368post #75629 of 1090543/13/13 at 4:06pmpost #75630 of 1090543/13/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
Yeah if I had been buying clothes in college (instead of booze and concert tickets) I think I'd really regret it now. Not really passing judgement on people that feel differently, though, I should note.Quote:
Not actually all that much depending on where. South America / Africa / a lot of Asia you could do that on $5k-$10k pretty easily. That's a lot of people's wardrobes, here.
Hell, my friend traveled around the USA from May - October on $3000. I think he did a lot of staying with friends, though. Also come to think of it someone must have been paying for his gas (maybe his girlfriend?)
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 38 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Creed Green Irish Tweed and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...