Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Today at 12:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 5031post #75451 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #75452 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:12pmI think travel is so popular nowadays because its accessible and easy. 15 years ago you had to go to a travel agent to put together any itinerary not involving flying within the US (hyperbole, but you get it, I'm sure); today, you can very easily put together all of the complicated connections and other items very easily, thus making potentially complicated trip planning quite uncomplicated. With the addition of frequent flier miles, deals, sites like Airbnb and couch surfing, there has never been an easier time to travel around the world without necessarily breaking the bank.
So, get out there you miserable fuckers.post #75453 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:18pmSince free time is a luxury many wealthy people cannot afford, travel is also a way to one-up material hoarders. "You may have all that crap but you earned it with years of school and 60 hour weeks; I've spent those weeks EXPERIENCING LIFE. #eatpraylove"post #75454 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:28pmpost #75455 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:29pmpost #75456 of 1090543/11/13 at 1:59pmpost #75457 of 1090543/11/13 at 2:16pmBlack suits: does anyone here have a black suit that they wear a lot? Or does it just sit in the back of the closet? I like them but don't know how much use I would get out of one, even though I wear suits occasionally. I would probably wear a navy or grey suit most of the time instead. But I still want one for some reason.post #75458 of 1090543/11/13 at 2:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by DLester
Black suits: does anyone here have a black suit that they wear a lot? Or does it just sit in the back of the closet? I like them but don't know how much use I would get out of one, even though I wear suits occasionally. I would probably wear a navy or grey suit most of the time instead. But I still want one for some reason.
I have an Helmut Lang black moleskine suit that I like to wear when it is cold (i.e Autumn & Winter) and a Dolce & Gabbana mid weight wool that I wear to funerals or nighttime occasions (not as regularly as the HL).post #75459 of 1090543/11/13 at 2:40pmpost #75460 of 1090543/11/13 at 2:41pmpost #75461 of 1090543/11/13 at 3:22pmpost #75462 of 1090543/11/13 at 3:51pm
the popularity of travel reminds me to what has happened with the whole foodie (ugh) phenomenon: much more accessible cost-wise than even 20 years ago, spread by social-media and the inescapable trend of people "curating" their online persona, and presenting a near-infinite list of possibilities. Or maybe I just associate the two so much because I got tired of reading countless OKC profiles where women would describe how they loved food and traveling.
For me traveling has always been more interesting when able to live somewhere for a little while, rather than just flying in, exploring things on the surface and not really getting to know a place in depth. But of course it's not possible to live everywhere, and it gets tougher to not have roots after a certain age, so traditional traveling will always have a place.
At heart both activities are very positive, it just gets annoying fast when some people mostly reduce them to a narrow expression of their ego-driven tendencies. It evokes the horrible notion of personal branding that's been gaining traction, and that does not, in fact, take me to a happy placepost #75463 of 1090543/11/13 at 4:47pmBack before flying people wouldn't "travel," they would go "on tour." Which meant spending months in whatever country(ies) they were visiting. That's where the word tourist comes from. Wish it were still like that, minus their methods of travel that is (who wants to cross the ocean in a boat?)post #75464 of 1090543/11/13 at 4:47pmpost #75465 of 1090543/11/13 at 4:58pmOK, so I threw on my NDG puffer vest just now and had a thought...Would it be at all possible to have someone attach unzippable (removable) leather sleeves onto this to form a sort of UCism type hybrid? Who would I even go to for a project like that, a leather maker or a tailor or what?
All the edgy details and black hardware etc. would look great with leather sleeves, methinks
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 45 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › HBO Series, Ballers 15 minutes ago
- › New in Box Gaziano & Girling Antibes in Vintage Oak 18 minutes ago
- › Singapore tailors 2015 thread 21 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 22 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...