Aren't most models significantly taller than average? I imagine that shoe size also scales accordingly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/4/16 at 3:15pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4997post #74941 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:39pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74942 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:44pmQuote:
Yeah, true, but that might not account for the people from the other forum. The thread was a few pages long and some of the guys were saying/complaining that they even have size 13 or 14 feet, which seems unusual. I don't see a reason why they would lie either.post #74943 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:01pmpost #74944 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:02pmgtran that parka is too short man, one of the things that has turned me off from junya past few years everything is cropped cropped cropped
you should get a buzz rickson, you can be naked under that thing in -10 degpost #74945 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:03pmpost #74946 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:12pmTook my mom and aunt out around LA today and stopped in a few places they wanted to go to. First was br at the mall and it's laughable how nothing has changed and they still sell the same shit (saw that mad men b52s collection). Literally nothing in there I would wear and it's amazing they're still in business. Also checked out bloomingdales and nordstrom, nothing but junk there too. Racks and racks of nothing but garbage. How is anyone supposed to dress when their choices are so shitty. I'd rather dress in all uniqlo for a fraction of the cost and be infinitely more fly. Or just buy tees and oxfords, some apcs and a pair of cps, call it a day.post #74947 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by jet
Took my mom and aunt out around LA today and stopped in a few places they wanted to go to. First was br at the mall and it's laughable how nothing has changed and they still sell the same shit (saw that mad men b52s collection). Literally nothing in there I would wear and it's amazing they're still in business. Also checked out bloomingdales and nordstrom, nothing but junk there too. Racks and racks of nothing but garbage. How is anyone supposed to dress when their choices are so shitty. I'd rather dress in all uniqlo for a fraction of the cost and be infinitely more fly. Or just buy tees and oxfords, some apcs and a pair of cps, call it a day.
what's considered "stylish" (both on here and just in general) =/= what's popular among retail chains and what they would have you believe looks good.post #74948 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:23pmThe problem is that the masses consume what is presented to them. It's either mall shit or louis vuitton in their eyes. It also has to do with their buys but if they bought some sf approved lines well and people were exposed to well designed garments i don't have any doubt they would sell. The problem also lies in educating the consumer and merchandising which are both key.post #74949 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
Yes. I've got a half dozen pairs of 511 and they are all over the place. The whites are fine, but some of the others esp the treated versions are funky. Not every one, so it seems that some of the washes/treatments might f@ck up the fit. Still, they are a pretty nice jean for the price. The cut works for me.
pm'd, brosef!post #74950 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:47pmpost #74951 of 1090543/4/13 at 11:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by jet
The problem is that the masses consume what is presented to them. It's either mall shit or louis vuitton in their eyes. It also has to do with their buys but if they bought some sf approved lines well and people were exposed to well designed garments i don't have any doubt they would sell. The problem also lies in educating the consumer and merchandising which are both key.
Part of the problem is that if you are buying for a nationwide chain, your options actually become more limited. You need to find suppliers that have reliable supply chains and can also produce in the volume you need, and also meet strict shipping deadlines. In addition, the lines have to have good marketing and PR, because you can't necessarily rely on sales associates to know much about small brands, much less properly merchandise them or educate the customer.
The other issue is pricepoints. Everything we talk about here is exorbitantly expensive for the majority of customers.post #74952 of 1090543/5/13 at 12:03amQuote:
Damnit, I was just wondering about this. That one Style Inspiration tumblr is like Synthese bingo; and every time those white 511s popped up they looked so much better than mine.
@ Milano, pirate bay, yo...post #74953 of 1090543/5/13 at 12:31amIt's a total crapshoot. My white pair definitely fit the "best" out of any that I own. DL, are you (I assume you are) taking the same size in all of them? The last time I went in I just grabbed a few of the same pair and tried them all, but that is mostly because actual inseam length seems to vary greatly. My black pair look fairly normal, but I've tried others that have a pretty weird rise/crotch. The blue pair that I need to replace is also the only pair I have that has ever shrunk permanently. Not entirely sure what goes on over there. Like parker said, though, they fit well enough for the price, if you can deal with the anti-fit thing (size down, everyone!)post #74954 of 1090543/5/13 at 2:23ampost #74955 of 1090543/5/13 at 2:40am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...