Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:39 am in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - SHIRTS, SHIRTS, SHIRTS - 80+ Shirts for Sale - Every Size!!! Last post on 5/5/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4992
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74867 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:29ampost #74868 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:30ampost #74869 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:51amQuote:
For me, it's always been first to pay, gets. People string you along, for whatever reason, and you can lose a potential sale. The times I've sold (probably a couple of dozen over 11 years), I've always given fair warning to both parties that there is another party, and that whoever pays first, gets. However, if I'd agreed with one party on a lower price, and that one comes in first, I take that. Fair is fair.post #74870 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:54amyeah, sorry to hear what happened volatile, but shit happens. you have to realize that over the internet, your word means very little. happens to all of us. i missed out on my grail for the same reason. you may feel bad, but in the end, it's really up to the seller.post #74871 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:07amThere is no reason to not paypal within a day, so as a seller there is nothing more annoying than when you are going back and forth with someone and you hitem with the paypal then boom no paypal? Show me the money.
Only exception is homies on here I will hold shit for bc I know they're good for it. Except for gosurface, I held some shit for that bitch for like a month or some shit and he kept stringing me along with bullshit. Then a couple months later he's buying all this ann and rick invalidating his excuses baically, never apologizes, and pretends like all is well.post #74872 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:08amQuote:
If only. Buyers can do whatever the fuck they want.
If it makes you feel better, the seller lost $.30 refunding you. That's right, PayPal doesn't actually return the full fee amount on a refund! Unless you call and bitch of course...post #74873 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:53ampost #74874 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:58ampost #74875 of 1090543/4/13 at 10:11ampost #74876 of 1090543/4/13 at 10:58amYea, I've definitely slept on sending PP funds, and after a day, they have the right to assume I flake and sell it to someone else. A courtesy PM never hurts though. Also, if I've waited 2+ days, I usually email them and ask if they still have it, then tell them I'm sending funds.
Holding shit is fine, especially if the person is nice or they're willing to do a deposit. Usually I'm not in a hurry to sell, but sometimes you gotta flip fast ya knowpost #74877 of 1090543/4/13 at 11:43amI don't think that Volatile (to speak on your behalf if I may be so bold) would disagree with any of the points that people have made. All he was really upset about is that the seller didn't give him a heads up that somebody else had purchased the item before Volatile had the chance to send the money. If the seller had said, "Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I had to sell the item to somebody else, keep your money." I don't think he would have cared nearly as much.post #74878 of 1090543/4/13 at 12:37pmQuote:
It's the leather on this pair that bugged me. Anyway, decided on restraint. If you need black bluchers...post #74879 of 1090543/4/13 at 12:38pm
In terms with my personal thing when it comes to buying and asking for holds:
I'm known to ask sellers to have something on hold for me.
Mainly because I am 100% if not 99% committed to buying the thing I ask to hold.
The reason being why I don't buy it immediately is because I usually have to work things out with my funds first.
Have to sell some things to get the rest of the money, wait for my paycheck, etc...
I'm always thankful to the sellers that do hold on to the items for me, and it seems like they let me usually most of the time.
So for those of you on the forum that have sold me things, big thanks and I highly appreciate it.post #74880 of 1090543/4/13 at 1:06pm2.5 days is way too long. Timezones are irrelevant anyways as PayPal info was already there. And people flake like no other everywhere and/or do the ok now we have a deal wait did I let you know I'm in xx country? And I want the same price even when shipping is 30-50 more? Sell quite a bit as I'm on Namor level shoe kopping lately and I would never wait more than a day. And honestly who knows when the other buyer paid? Buyer could have paid minutes before you paid. And if you are selling a few things you will also get buyers who send payments with no details whatsoever and then you have to figure out who the buyer is especially if you have had 5 other buyers with PayPal info who never paid.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 15 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 33 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › Schott 184sm Bomber Jacket, Size 34 Brown 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan