Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:07pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4992post #74866 of 1090533/4/13 at 8:29ampost #74867 of 1090533/4/13 at 8:30ampost #74868 of 1090533/4/13 at 8:51amQuote:
For me, it's always been first to pay, gets. People string you along, for whatever reason, and you can lose a potential sale. The times I've sold (probably a couple of dozen over 11 years), I've always given fair warning to both parties that there is another party, and that whoever pays first, gets. However, if I'd agreed with one party on a lower price, and that one comes in first, I take that. Fair is fair.post #74869 of 1090533/4/13 at 8:54amyeah, sorry to hear what happened volatile, but shit happens. you have to realize that over the internet, your word means very little. happens to all of us. i missed out on my grail for the same reason. you may feel bad, but in the end, it's really up to the seller.post #74870 of 1090533/4/13 at 9:07amThere is no reason to not paypal within a day, so as a seller there is nothing more annoying than when you are going back and forth with someone and you hitem with the paypal then boom no paypal? Show me the money.
Only exception is homies on here I will hold shit for bc I know they're good for it. Except for gosurface, I held some shit for that bitch for like a month or some shit and he kept stringing me along with bullshit. Then a couple months later he's buying all this ann and rick invalidating his excuses baically, never apologizes, and pretends like all is well.post #74871 of 1090533/4/13 at 9:08amQuote:
If only. Buyers can do whatever the fuck they want.
If it makes you feel better, the seller lost $.30 refunding you. That's right, PayPal doesn't actually return the full fee amount on a refund! Unless you call and bitch of course...post #74872 of 1090533/4/13 at 9:53ampost #74873 of 1090533/4/13 at 9:58ampost #74874 of 1090533/4/13 at 10:11ampost #74875 of 1090533/4/13 at 10:58amYea, I've definitely slept on sending PP funds, and after a day, they have the right to assume I flake and sell it to someone else. A courtesy PM never hurts though. Also, if I've waited 2+ days, I usually email them and ask if they still have it, then tell them I'm sending funds.
Holding shit is fine, especially if the person is nice or they're willing to do a deposit. Usually I'm not in a hurry to sell, but sometimes you gotta flip fast ya knowpost #74876 of 1090533/4/13 at 11:43amI don't think that Volatile (to speak on your behalf if I may be so bold) would disagree with any of the points that people have made. All he was really upset about is that the seller didn't give him a heads up that somebody else had purchased the item before Volatile had the chance to send the money. If the seller had said, "Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I had to sell the item to somebody else, keep your money." I don't think he would have cared nearly as much.post #74877 of 1090533/4/13 at 12:37pmQuote:
It's the leather on this pair that bugged me. Anyway, decided on restraint. If you need black bluchers...post #74878 of 1090533/4/13 at 12:38pm
In terms with my personal thing when it comes to buying and asking for holds:
I'm known to ask sellers to have something on hold for me.
Mainly because I am 100% if not 99% committed to buying the thing I ask to hold.
The reason being why I don't buy it immediately is because I usually have to work things out with my funds first.
Have to sell some things to get the rest of the money, wait for my paycheck, etc...
I'm always thankful to the sellers that do hold on to the items for me, and it seems like they let me usually most of the time.
So for those of you on the forum that have sold me things, big thanks and I highly appreciate it.post #74879 of 1090533/4/13 at 1:06pm2.5 days is way too long. Timezones are irrelevant anyways as PayPal info was already there. And people flake like no other everywhere and/or do the ok now we have a deal wait did I let you know I'm in xx country? And I want the same price even when shipping is 30-50 more? Sell quite a bit as I'm on Namor level shoe kopping lately and I would never wait more than a day. And honestly who knows when the other buyer paid? Buyer could have paid minutes before you paid. And if you are selling a few things you will also get buyers who send payments with no details whatsoever and then you have to figure out who the buyer is especially if you have had 5 other buyers with PayPal info who never paid.post #74880 of 1090533/4/13 at 1:55pmGawd, it's the worst when someone negotiates the price down from what I initially ask SHIPPED WITHIN THE CONUS and then they PP me funds and send me their address and lo and behold, they're in Canada or Thailand or some shit. Luckily people have been good about sending me an extra $10-15 to make up the addtl shipping
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 second ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 28 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Truman Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Ideas for Sartoria Formosa Spring/Summer 2017 - Cast your Vote! 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...