Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4992
Styleforum Top Pickspost #74867 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:29ampost #74868 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:30ampost #74869 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:51amQuote:
For me, it's always been first to pay, gets. People string you along, for whatever reason, and you can lose a potential sale. The times I've sold (probably a couple of dozen over 11 years), I've always given fair warning to both parties that there is another party, and that whoever pays first, gets. However, if I'd agreed with one party on a lower price, and that one comes in first, I take that. Fair is fair.post #74870 of 1090543/4/13 at 8:54amyeah, sorry to hear what happened volatile, but shit happens. you have to realize that over the internet, your word means very little. happens to all of us. i missed out on my grail for the same reason. you may feel bad, but in the end, it's really up to the seller.post #74871 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:07amThere is no reason to not paypal within a day, so as a seller there is nothing more annoying than when you are going back and forth with someone and you hitem with the paypal then boom no paypal? Show me the money.
Only exception is homies on here I will hold shit for bc I know they're good for it. Except for gosurface, I held some shit for that bitch for like a month or some shit and he kept stringing me along with bullshit. Then a couple months later he's buying all this ann and rick invalidating his excuses baically, never apologizes, and pretends like all is well.post #74872 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:08amQuote:
If only. Buyers can do whatever the fuck they want.
If it makes you feel better, the seller lost $.30 refunding you. That's right, PayPal doesn't actually return the full fee amount on a refund! Unless you call and bitch of course...post #74873 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:53ampost #74874 of 1090543/4/13 at 9:58ampost #74875 of 1090543/4/13 at 10:11ampost #74876 of 1090543/4/13 at 10:58amYea, I've definitely slept on sending PP funds, and after a day, they have the right to assume I flake and sell it to someone else. A courtesy PM never hurts though. Also, if I've waited 2+ days, I usually email them and ask if they still have it, then tell them I'm sending funds.
Holding shit is fine, especially if the person is nice or they're willing to do a deposit. Usually I'm not in a hurry to sell, but sometimes you gotta flip fast ya knowpost #74877 of 1090543/4/13 at 11:43amI don't think that Volatile (to speak on your behalf if I may be so bold) would disagree with any of the points that people have made. All he was really upset about is that the seller didn't give him a heads up that somebody else had purchased the item before Volatile had the chance to send the money. If the seller had said, "Hey, I'm sorry to tell you this, but I had to sell the item to somebody else, keep your money." I don't think he would have cared nearly as much.post #74878 of 1090543/4/13 at 12:37pmQuote:
It's the leather on this pair that bugged me. Anyway, decided on restraint. If you need black bluchers...post #74879 of 1090543/4/13 at 12:38pm
In terms with my personal thing when it comes to buying and asking for holds:
I'm known to ask sellers to have something on hold for me.
Mainly because I am 100% if not 99% committed to buying the thing I ask to hold.
The reason being why I don't buy it immediately is because I usually have to work things out with my funds first.
Have to sell some things to get the rest of the money, wait for my paycheck, etc...
I'm always thankful to the sellers that do hold on to the items for me, and it seems like they let me usually most of the time.
So for those of you on the forum that have sold me things, big thanks and I highly appreciate it.post #74880 of 1090543/4/13 at 1:06pm2.5 days is way too long. Timezones are irrelevant anyways as PayPal info was already there. And people flake like no other everywhere and/or do the ok now we have a deal wait did I let you know I'm in xx country? And I want the same price even when shipping is 30-50 more? Sell quite a bit as I'm on Namor level shoe kopping lately and I would never wait more than a day. And honestly who knows when the other buyer paid? Buyer could have paid minutes before you paid. And if you are selling a few things you will also get buyers who send payments with no details whatsoever and then you have to figure out who the buyer is especially if you have had 5 other buyers with PayPal info who never paid.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shell Cordovan Black Cherry UK11.5 Oscar Last Burdeos 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 5 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...