or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4952

post #74266 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettoasty View Post

Are you talking about denim weight?

I am looking at cotton or wool. Nothing like denim re: APC et al

yeah, spring or fall weight. good ol yoox seems to have a bunch of those sorts of pants for s/s but if you're looking for flannels, etc it'll be a more challenging search
post #74267 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

I'm on the same page as you insomniac. No way in hell am I going to pay $500 for a pair of sneakers. I think a lot of the trends on this site come from the social hype people feed off one another. There are always options out there. Become a good deal hunter and haggler and you can get some nice items for cheap. You won't be wearing any Lanvin or Margiela or Rick Owens but those names alone aren't synonymous with looking good.

All my mmm sneakers have been had for $300 or less.
post #74268 of 98148
I know Yoox is always good but I was looking for a particular "go to label / designer"

Zam Barrett comes to mind
post #74269 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrix View Post

would like to see details/the finished product if you can!
Wearing them in my most recent waywt photo cheers.gif
post #74270 of 98148
was gonna say zamb. there are plenty of straight leg cuts (i know you weren't crazy about your curved ones)
post #74271 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Sold the ice skater pants. I am going to miss them.

The end of an era...
post #74272 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

oh god my girlfriend just adopted another shiba
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

8nGm6Upl.jpg

7 months, again the original owner just can't deal with him

o lawd that's exactly the type of dog i want. i've heard they're quite rambuctious though, and i'm not sure they'd be suitable for apartment life. any thoughts on that?

post #74273 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Once every few weeks I look at mr porter's new arrivals and laugh at all the junk they buy. For several years I was conditioned to higher and higher prices and it reached an inflection point sometime last year. Now, instead of accepting this extortionate pricing structure I balk at the prices. I now look at most of this stuff with common sense and realize how grossly overpriced everything is. A t-shirt for 255? Spare me. Boots for $2000? No thanks, that's a caribbean vacation. Or a mortgage payment. Or a decent couch, two pairs is a sick couch. I don't know maybe I'm just burned out from all this shit since I'm content with everything I have and nothing nowadays holds a candle. This is why I really enjoy honest designers like stephan schneider, he allows you to look good and enjoy other pleasures without ripping you off. I place a high value on, well, value these days.

Post some jawnz in the contentedness thread, the time has come.
post #74274 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Once every few weeks I look at mr porter's new arrivals and laugh at all the junk they buy. For several years I was conditioned to higher and higher prices and it reached an inflection point sometime last year. Now, instead of accepting this extortionate pricing structure I balk at the prices. I now look at most of this stuff with common sense and realize how grossly overpriced everything is. A t-shirt for 255? Spare me. Boots for $2000? No thanks, that's a caribbean vacation. Or a mortgage payment. Or a decent couch, two pairs is a sick couch. I don't know maybe I'm just burned out from all this shit since I'm content with everything I have and nothing nowadays holds a candle. This is why I really enjoy honest designers like stephan schneider, he allows you to look good and enjoy other pleasures without ripping you off. I place a high value on, well, value these days.

$260 tee shirts are priced that way purely because they are meant to appeal to the aspirational shopper. I really like Balenciaga's slightly futuristic look and use of blocks of material (the stuff just doesn't fit anyone with any muscle tone, but that's another story). Are $2.5K wool jackets worth it? It depends how much you like the look and can afford. However, the sneakers are purely for the guy who wants to buy a part of the dream, but can't afford it. Same with the sneakers, keyfobs, etc... is it worth it? Well, I suppose that it is if you want the dream that badly. but I think that it's sad, like wearing Ferrari gear when you don't drive a Ferrari.
post #74275 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Once every few weeks I look at mr porter's new arrivals and laugh at all the junk they buy. For several years I was conditioned to higher and higher prices and it reached an inflection point sometime last year. Now, instead of accepting this extortionate pricing structure I balk at the prices. I now look at most of this stuff with common sense and realize how grossly overpriced everything is. A t-shirt for 255? Spare me. Boots for $2000? No thanks, that's a caribbean vacation. Or a mortgage payment. Or a decent couch, two pairs is a sick couch. I don't know maybe I'm just burned out from all this shit since I'm content with everything I have and nothing nowadays holds a candle. This is why I really enjoy honest designers like stephan schneider, he allows you to look good and enjoy other pleasures without ripping you off. I place a high value on, well, value these days.

nicely said.
post #74276 of 98148
I took off the Silent tag on my beanie successfully. Looking at the seams, it looks like it was meant to be taken off. How wasteful
post #74277 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by skintight View Post

o lawd that's exactly the type of dog i want. i've heard they're quite rambuctious though, and i'm not sure they'd be suitable for apartment life. any thoughts on that?


Yes. We (my girlfriend, but we share custody) have one already. She just turned three, and she has not been easy. The short answer, if you mean apartment life like a lapdog, is a firm and definite No. They are big dogs in small dog bodies.

They need exercise. A lot of exercise. They need intelligent exercise, too - not just sticking them in the backyard. They need to be worn out playing games, chasing sticks, solving puzzles, that sort of thing. They are super, super curious, and if they're not dead tired by the end of the day they will start destroying things. Leaving them in an apartment all day every day is out of the question. They get into things, explore things, pull the sheets off your bed, take your pillows apart to see what's inside, that sort of thing. They are very clever, they are very interested. Ours gets 2-3 walks a day (long walks, involving stick chasing, exploring, off-leash snuffling, frisbee catching), and we leave her with puzzle toys, chewy things, squeaky animals, etc.

Rambunctions is not really the right word, but they know that they depend on you for exercise, food, and all the stuff they want, and they will make your life miserable (on purpose) until you give them what they want. A lot of people call them cat-like, which is sort of true.

Oh, also: search youtube for 'shiba scream." yes, they really do that when they are upset - if they get touched inappropriately (brush their tails the wrong way, trim their nails, bathe them when they don't want it)

That said, I adore ours and cannot wait for number two.
post #74278 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

However, the sneakers are purely for the guy who wants to buy a part of the dream, but can't afford it.

I don't agree. Plenty of people who buy the sneakers can afford to buy whatever else they want as well. That includes a lot of people who post on this forum.
post #74279 of 98148
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post

$260 tee shirts are priced that way purely because they are meant to appeal to the aspirational shopper. I really like Balenciaga's slightly futuristic look and use of blocks of material (the stuff just doesn't fit anyone with any muscle tone, but that's another story). Are $2.5K wool jackets worth it? It depends how much you like the look and can afford. However, the sneakers are purely for the guy who wants to buy a part of the dream, but can't afford it. Same with the sneakers, keyfobs, etc... is it worth it? Well, I suppose that it is if you want the dream that badly. but I think that it's sad, like wearing Ferrari gear when you don't drive a Ferrari.
I agree with you on the key fobs, wallets and other accessories but have to disagree on sneakers. Lots of guys don't want to be 'fashiony' so they just buy the sneakers and wear it with their regular day to day stuff (which doesn't end up looking good most of the time frown.gif )
post #74280 of 98148
Living the dream
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts