KJ can now sleep at night on a pillow made of free clothing
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/20/16 at 7:32am in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4949post #74221 of 1090542/22/13 at 2:44pmpost #74222 of 1090542/22/13 at 2:54pmI had a somewhat similar situation unfold over the course of two months:
- I won an eBay auction that contained dozens of small items.
- I paid immediately after winning, and the seller was quick to respond to any emails.
- The guy was in California, and being a novice seller, grossly underestimated how much Priority shipping would be. I think the stated shipping on the listing was $20, which seemed crazy, since this was a lot that would probably be four or five boxes of stuff.
- The guy goes to the PO, discovers this horrible reality, and emails me, asking if I could send him some more money for shipping.
- It's Christmastime, and I already know I got a pretty killer price on the lot in terms of what I'd make back, so I agree to float him an extra $10. Not nearly enough to cover shipping, but hey, that's the seller's responsibility. I've been there myself.
- Guy emails me on NYE to tell me the stuff has shipped.
- I request the tracking numbers and... nope, he claims he couldn't afford tracking and his grandmother just died, which is I guess relevant to the cost of tracking?
- The next weekend, I get a medium flat rate box. I open it and some of my stuff is in there, but mostly the filler that people throw in these lots because they won't sell on their own. To boot, one of the few keepers in the box is in horrible shape. Writing and marker all over it. I email him, expressing my displeasure, noting that the rest of the stuff had better not be in such lousy condition. No response.
- That Monday, I get another medium flat rate box... which is incredibly light. Even lighter than a Coke bottle (!), but I open it anyway, because I dunno, I'm dumb sometimes. In the box are two of those gaudy skirts you see like Latina dancers wear, and they wreck of cheap perfume. The skirts. I have no idea what the dancers smell like. Probably cheap perfume.
- I email him, essentially calling him out that all of the preceding events make me think he's trying to rip me off.
- No response from him, so I open a Significantly Not As Described dispute later that night.
- Two days later, five boxes show up at my place... from this guy. I cautiously open them up, and to my surprise, it's most of the items, in incredible condition.
- After doing some inventory, I realize that there are still a few items that are missing. I email him, explaining the situation, noting that I'll close the dispute once I receive the rest of my items.
- He FINALLY responds, telling me that he's 18, and this was his first eBay transaction, and he made a lot of mistakes, etc. He tells me that he's going to send the remainder of my items soon.
- A few days pass, and no word from him.
- A few more days pass, and still nothing. I email him, asking what's up, reminding him that I'll be closing the dispute as soon as the rest of my stuff shows up.
- He finally emails me, making up some story about sending the package and it getting sent back to him, so he needs to send it again. lulz, I used that one myself a few times in my early eBay selling days.
- A week passes and still nothing. I email him and get no response.
- Another week passes, and still nothing. The dispute will automatically close later that night if I don't escalate it to a claim and let eBay decide. I'm happy with most of what I received, but I don't think it excuses the guy from sending me EVERYTHING I won. I escalate it to a claim, attaching a note that I'd either like the rest of my items or a partial refund, since I've already received a fair amount of the stuff I won.
- I get an email from eBay a few hours later saying they've ruled in my favor and have issued a full refund.
I was conflicted about what to do, but I'd sent the kid numerous emails and been pretty understanding about all these mishaps, which stretched out the damn transaction to a two-month ordeal. I'd made it clear that I just wanted the rest of my stuff and I'd close the dispute right away. For whatever reason, he never did. What he still owed me wasn't even close to being the "best" part of the lot, so it's legitimately confusing. I felt like I kind of bent over backward to accomodate the kid, and he still flaked.
Holy shit, guys, long post.post #74223 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:00pmcool ebay description
Get in touch with your electric side by employing your dress skills, by mixing and matching pallettes,tops and bottoms for warmth weather whimsy and modern look.
Spruce up your look this spring with this modern day runway sample from Thom Browne. You can't do much better with this sporty hoodie,a favorite of teenage
ninjas, rebels and rock stars alike.Live it up and head for the playgrounds. A look for the Gen. X.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thom-Browne-runway-sample-L-/271160634221?pt=US_Men_s_Athletic_Apparel&hash=item3f226eeb6dpost #74224 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by APK
getting ready to list my Krane Cyrial "jacket," which retailed for about a grand, but am gonna price it at a little over a third of that, just because I'd like to sell it and not have it just sit... and sit... and sit. Oh well; it can be fun when you're on the buying side of the B&S dance.
Have fun, it'll probably still sit!post #74225 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:06pmpost #74226 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
Yeah the fit is surprisingly good. Maybe it is thicker than i though, I only tried it on for like 30 seconds and was comparing it to my sns herning which I woe today. It's definitely thicker than like a lambs wool sweater or something. I'm a knit noob. For the price it's fantastic tho.post #74227 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:13pmOne time I bought this rad tube amp off ebay and 3 months later I get a refund from paypal saying that the guy never claimed the money. He was a new seller, so I guess he didn't know how paypal worked or something. Anyways I emailed him and explained to him what he had to do to get his money and resent it. He thanks me blah blah blah, 3 months after that I'm sitting on a bunch of money again and a tube amp.post #74228 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by g transistor
One time I bought this rad tube amp off ebay and 3 months later I get a refund from paypal saying that the guy never claimed the money. He was a new seller, so I guess he didn't know how paypal worked or something. Anyways I emailed him and explained to him what he had to do to get his money and resent it. He thanks me blah blah blah, 3 months after that I'm sitting on a bunch of money again and a tube amp.post #74229 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:16pm
I shipped a jacket last year to northern finland.. actually an island with no address other than the island. I told bro to pay me and for the shipping and let it clear first. then I mailed EMS (108$) and he had it in 3 days. and super stoked on the jacket.post #74230 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:53pmpost #74231 of 1090542/22/13 at 3:55pmpost #74232 of 1090542/22/13 at 4:04pmpost #74233 of 1090542/22/13 at 4:04pmpost #74234 of 1090542/22/13 at 4:24pmpost #74235 of 1090542/22/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master Milano
Does anyone have issues with Boston USPS (specifically one on mass ave near symph) -- I've lost one international items shipping with them and another ??? ( which has never happened before) and now a shirt I shipped ended up in Honolulu when it should be in Cali yesterday - receipt says CA...
Lost something shipped to Korea a couple weeks ago out of the Codman branch
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1371 Active Users (249 Members and 1122 Guests)
- › NWT-PAUL SMITH SS15 Plaid Linen Pleat Tassel Shorts size 30 20 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › NWT-PAUL SMITH SS15 Plaid Linen Tassel Shirt size M 13 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 13 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding