Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4944post #74147 of 1090532/21/13 at 11:42ampost #74148 of 1090532/21/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by NaTionS
Margiela money wallet -
must be the coffee talking, but i want onepost #74149 of 1090532/21/13 at 12:09pmpost #74150 of 1090532/21/13 at 12:39pmpost #74151 of 1090532/21/13 at 12:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by max_r
I ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet.
I found exactly zero information on them online so I just took a punt on the sizing and ordered a medium, here's hoping they don't run small. I'll write something up when it arrives, should be a day or two.
they run small
I ordered a size medium (I'm 5'10", 40" chest, 31" waist) and i can zip it up fine, slim in the chest and waist, but too tight in the shoulders and too short by a good 3 inches. I'm debating whether or not to try a large. A large should fit well in the shoulders and body, but I'm not sure it would be long enough.
Yoox also doesn't tell you about the bright orange lining with the giant elephant on it. (lining color i'm okay with, not so okay with the elephant though).
size tag is odd... says size medium but also says size 42 short, however fits more like a small/36 short.
pics of tag and lining: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
apart from whats mentioned above, the quality is pretty nice. heavy duty zipper, fabric is soft. 100% polyester with a slight sheen. Not much padding, so it isn't huge like a repro MA1.
I'll take some full pics tomorrow, its dark out right now and the florescent lighting in my house is terrible. I'm not sure if its worth taking a fit pic, because it just looks like a dude in a too-small jacket.post #74152 of 1090532/21/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
there's a post from kunk on SZ about his son being embarassed of the way kunk dresses superimposed over a pic of rick owens floating around Tumblrpost #74153 of 1090532/21/13 at 12:56pm
I ordered something in december, it never showed up / seller never issued tracking, I opened a case two weeks ago, won it last week, and today it arrived on my door.
I guess I should ship it back? Or what? I'm probably still going to get hit with customs and have to pay for shipping.post #74154 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:01pmpost #74155 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of Sruli Recht. Some of his designs have potential, but at this point it's become a competition to use the wackiest and most unpractical of all materials to make awkward, strange looking pieces that 'commune' with his Viking heritage. Oh look it's a meteor ring! It's made of penis bone! I think a big part of his popularity is that he's been really courting the blogosphere.
I find most of the stuff a bit lacklustre or hideously overpriced (some of the tees are nice, but the pricing on them it literally insane).
I got bored and went to his website the other day and didn't mind some of the sweaters, or though I will admit a certain amount of what swayed me was that the photography is pretty, which is why I've not dropped $500 on a knit wear piece (on sale), because really, it might just fit badly, look strange and serve no purpose at all.
Or it might be cool, I don't know, I don't really want to pay $500 (I think).post #74156 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Lionheart Biker
I was tempted by the second one for a while. I´m in a dire need of some knits, and Sruli makes some killer ones. But then I saw his latest collection and I´m basically gonna start saving for the geometric wooden panneled top.
Thos pieces right there, like you say, are not extreme. I´m sure they´d look good as long as you get the right size. Though oversized knits can be pulled off as well.
I can't ever imagine wearing or using the wooden panel top, but I can imagine using a woolen sweater in an interesting (for me) cut.
What's the appeal of the wooden panels?post #74157 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dbear
I have to have to have to wear a black dress shoe for a wedding that I'm in. I have zero (0.00) black shoes and all my dress shoes are Alden.
I really don't want to go down the Alden route for a black dress shoe... so I was thinking maybe a black derby? Would be different (I think?) and also fill a void in my closet--not really my style though--and I know next to nothing about them.
Anyone recommend anything? Affordable too...
You could get a pair of Andrew Lock (CM side affiliate) black cap toe bals for < $300. It would be useful beyond the wedding, although in a CM kind of way. I have a brown pair that I'm happy with.post #74158 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:50pmpost #74159 of 1090532/21/13 at 1:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)re: bomber-jackets
tried this weekday one today
(though it was black)
, was really cool, fabric is almost shimmering in person, good fit too
140$ so pretty cheap, can PM fitpics if anyone is interested
lol, poor kid
found itpost #74160 of 1090532/21/13 at 2:06pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 6 minutes ago
- › Quality Of Grenson Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › DROPS Caruso made Ralph Lauren Black Label RLBL 100% Cashmere 38-40L 9 minutes ago
- › Brooks Brothers Madison Gray Staple Suit 39R 11 minutes ago
- › DROP Beautiful Soft Samuelsohn Gray and Purple Plaid Wool Blazer 40L 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 14 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway