Robots with people piloting them inside like that reminds me of Gundam Wing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4930post #73937 of 1090532/18/13 at 6:03ampost #73938 of 1090532/18/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
such a bummer with the GLaDOS voice, their statement regarding it was like: "yeeaah you know we kinda wanted to make people interested and excited because everyone likes GLaDOS and she'd go perfectly with this, but we've decided to only do that for the trailer and not for the actual film (because f**k you)"
I think it's more like "because we don't want to pay for licensing fees".post #73939 of 1090532/18/13 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Urthwhyte
Having a dress code - or worse, a nebulous, ill-defined dress code turned item of culture - is the worst part of a job. Going from an IDGAF workplace to MS has meant having to go out and buy a bunch of totally non-descript stuff that doesn't mesh at all with regular wear.
Well, at least you're well compensated for it.Quote:
This surprised me too. Plus, I would think that MS would be more open to working from home or other alternative work arrangements.Quote:
I'm surprised you feel this way. I find that if you have good suits they are very comfortable and don't really bother you that much. If you have shirts that fit well you barely even realize that you're wearing a tie most of the time.Quote:Originally Posted by mike868y
i'm also going through the process of trying to land a consulting internship after realizing that research wasn't going to cut it as a career path. figure i can do this for a few years, go get an mba, then try and land a position on the business side of a pharma company. seems like a solid enough plan.
If you're gonna do consulting, you better know if you like traveling. Oh, and working long hours.
I understand the sentiment, but this could actually go down a very valuable path. The reality is that for many people on this forum fashion and careers are both important aspect of their lives. If that's the case then it's probably a good idea to find out how to most effectively merge the two, especially since if you spend so much money on SW&D clothes you'll want to wear them more than two days a week. If members can leverage the experiences of others in order to find a way to incorporate more of their wardrobe into their workwear, that's probably a good thing.
You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing. More specifically, I'd be curious as to the quality of the fabric. I've tried ModernTailor twice, and have thought the fabric quality was absolute shit both times.post #73940 of 1090532/18/13 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Are you dumb? When you untuck your shirt at the end of the day does it still look as crisp after your ironed it?
Or, do your Orangutan arms not get wrinkles set into the sleeves? Are you actually working or do you show up at your office, in your attire and just stand for 'x' hours with your arms still next to your side?
You guys tripping about "dressing up" are plain silly. As if a tie and shirt is considered dressing up.
"Oh no, I have to put on some pants today and tuck in my shirt!?" JFC
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.post #73941 of 1090532/18/13 at 9:27ampost #73942 of 1090532/18/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.
Light poplin fabrics wrinkle while heavy oxford doesn't, it's not really about quality level. BTW Uniqlo sells non-iron shirts if you really hate wrinkles. I've had bespoke and mtm shirts, designer shirts, internet mtm shirts. Nowadays I just get Uniqlo and throw away when they're worn out, I'm really not into non disposable shirts and tees anymore.post #73943 of 1090532/18/13 at 10:24ampost #73944 of 1090532/18/13 at 10:29ampost #73945 of 1090532/18/13 at 11:22ampost #73946 of 1090532/18/13 at 11:28ampost #73947 of 1090532/18/13 at 2:31pmThat way to access the contents is worse in every way than a zipper. Wouldn't recommend if you intend to open/close more than once in the morning and afternoon. Especially if you have to tread the leather straps through every time, at least it doesn't have buckles.post #73948 of 1090532/18/13 at 3:20pmpost #73949 of 1090532/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I already have a similar one so kinda used to it, and there are no other black simple blackpacks that are nearly as good-looking as that one for less than 200$ sopost #73950 of 1090532/18/13 at 3:33pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 17 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 17 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...