Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:06 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4930post #73936 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:48amsuch a bummer with the GLaDOS voice, their statement regarding it was like: "yeeaah you know we kinda wanted to make people interested and excited because everyone likes GLaDOS and she'd go perfectly with this, but we've decided to only do that for the trailer and not for the actual film (because f**k you)"
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73937 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:01ampost #73938 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:03ampost #73939 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
such a bummer with the GLaDOS voice, their statement regarding it was like: "yeeaah you know we kinda wanted to make people interested and excited because everyone likes GLaDOS and she'd go perfectly with this, but we've decided to only do that for the trailer and not for the actual film (because f**k you)"
I think it's more like "because we don't want to pay for licensing fees".post #73940 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Urthwhyte
Having a dress code - or worse, a nebulous, ill-defined dress code turned item of culture - is the worst part of a job. Going from an IDGAF workplace to MS has meant having to go out and buy a bunch of totally non-descript stuff that doesn't mesh at all with regular wear.
Well, at least you're well compensated for it.Quote:
This surprised me too. Plus, I would think that MS would be more open to working from home or other alternative work arrangements.Quote:
I'm surprised you feel this way. I find that if you have good suits they are very comfortable and don't really bother you that much. If you have shirts that fit well you barely even realize that you're wearing a tie most of the time.Quote:Originally Posted by mike868y
i'm also going through the process of trying to land a consulting internship after realizing that research wasn't going to cut it as a career path. figure i can do this for a few years, go get an mba, then try and land a position on the business side of a pharma company. seems like a solid enough plan.
If you're gonna do consulting, you better know if you like traveling. Oh, and working long hours.
I understand the sentiment, but this could actually go down a very valuable path. The reality is that for many people on this forum fashion and careers are both important aspect of their lives. If that's the case then it's probably a good idea to find out how to most effectively merge the two, especially since if you spend so much money on SW&D clothes you'll want to wear them more than two days a week. If members can leverage the experiences of others in order to find a way to incorporate more of their wardrobe into their workwear, that's probably a good thing.
You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing. More specifically, I'd be curious as to the quality of the fabric. I've tried ModernTailor twice, and have thought the fabric quality was absolute shit both times.post #73941 of 1090542/18/13 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Are you dumb? When you untuck your shirt at the end of the day does it still look as crisp after your ironed it?
Or, do your Orangutan arms not get wrinkles set into the sleeves? Are you actually working or do you show up at your office, in your attire and just stand for 'x' hours with your arms still next to your side?
You guys tripping about "dressing up" are plain silly. As if a tie and shirt is considered dressing up.
"Oh no, I have to put on some pants today and tuck in my shirt!?" JFC
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.post #73942 of 1090542/18/13 at 9:27ampost #73943 of 1090542/18/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.
Light poplin fabrics wrinkle while heavy oxford doesn't, it's not really about quality level. BTW Uniqlo sells non-iron shirts if you really hate wrinkles. I've had bespoke and mtm shirts, designer shirts, internet mtm shirts. Nowadays I just get Uniqlo and throw away when they're worn out, I'm really not into non disposable shirts and tees anymore.post #73944 of 1090542/18/13 at 10:24ampost #73945 of 1090542/18/13 at 10:29ampost #73946 of 1090542/18/13 at 11:22ampost #73947 of 1090542/18/13 at 11:28ampost #73948 of 1090542/18/13 at 2:31pmThat way to access the contents is worse in every way than a zipper. Wouldn't recommend if you intend to open/close more than once in the morning and afternoon. Especially if you have to tread the leather straps through every time, at least it doesn't have buckles.post #73949 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:20pmpost #73950 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I already have a similar one so kinda used to it, and there are no other black simple blackpacks that are nearly as good-looking as that one for less than 200$ so
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › What would you wear today? 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Compared to my friends, I'm failing in my career. How do I get back... 20 minutes ago
- › Casper Mattress 20 minutes ago
- › Kit chen Design In Glasgow Area UK 22 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 24 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...