Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4930post #73936 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:48amsuch a bummer with the GLaDOS voice, their statement regarding it was like: "yeeaah you know we kinda wanted to make people interested and excited because everyone likes GLaDOS and she'd go perfectly with this, but we've decided to only do that for the trailer and not for the actual film (because f**k you)"
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73937 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:01ampost #73938 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:03ampost #73939 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:14amQuote:Originally Posted by kindofyoung
such a bummer with the GLaDOS voice, their statement regarding it was like: "yeeaah you know we kinda wanted to make people interested and excited because everyone likes GLaDOS and she'd go perfectly with this, but we've decided to only do that for the trailer and not for the actual film (because f**k you)"
I think it's more like "because we don't want to pay for licensing fees".post #73940 of 1090542/18/13 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Urthwhyte
Having a dress code - or worse, a nebulous, ill-defined dress code turned item of culture - is the worst part of a job. Going from an IDGAF workplace to MS has meant having to go out and buy a bunch of totally non-descript stuff that doesn't mesh at all with regular wear.
Well, at least you're well compensated for it.Quote:
This surprised me too. Plus, I would think that MS would be more open to working from home or other alternative work arrangements.Quote:
I'm surprised you feel this way. I find that if you have good suits they are very comfortable and don't really bother you that much. If you have shirts that fit well you barely even realize that you're wearing a tie most of the time.Quote:Originally Posted by mike868y
i'm also going through the process of trying to land a consulting internship after realizing that research wasn't going to cut it as a career path. figure i can do this for a few years, go get an mba, then try and land a position on the business side of a pharma company. seems like a solid enough plan.
If you're gonna do consulting, you better know if you like traveling. Oh, and working long hours.
I understand the sentiment, but this could actually go down a very valuable path. The reality is that for many people on this forum fashion and careers are both important aspect of their lives. If that's the case then it's probably a good idea to find out how to most effectively merge the two, especially since if you spend so much money on SW&D clothes you'll want to wear them more than two days a week. If members can leverage the experiences of others in order to find a way to incorporate more of their wardrobe into their workwear, that's probably a good thing.
You beat me to it. I was going to ask the same thing. More specifically, I'd be curious as to the quality of the fabric. I've tried ModernTailor twice, and have thought the fabric quality was absolute shit both times.post #73941 of 1090542/18/13 at 8:47amQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Are you dumb? When you untuck your shirt at the end of the day does it still look as crisp after your ironed it?
Or, do your Orangutan arms not get wrinkles set into the sleeves? Are you actually working or do you show up at your office, in your attire and just stand for 'x' hours with your arms still next to your side?
You guys tripping about "dressing up" are plain silly. As if a tie and shirt is considered dressing up.
"Oh no, I have to put on some pants today and tuck in my shirt!?" JFC
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.post #73942 of 1090542/18/13 at 9:27ampost #73943 of 1090542/18/13 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by KingJulien
I only have a couple mid-range geller shirts (nothing really high end) but they don't really get wrinkled except for the inside of the elbows (I don't tuck in my shirts). My uniqlo oxfords tend to look like they've been balled up in the bottom of the laundry bin before I even make it to work.
Light poplin fabrics wrinkle while heavy oxford doesn't, it's not really about quality level. BTW Uniqlo sells non-iron shirts if you really hate wrinkles. I've had bespoke and mtm shirts, designer shirts, internet mtm shirts. Nowadays I just get Uniqlo and throw away when they're worn out, I'm really not into non disposable shirts and tees anymore.post #73944 of 1090542/18/13 at 10:24ampost #73945 of 1090542/18/13 at 10:29ampost #73946 of 1090542/18/13 at 11:22ampost #73947 of 1090542/18/13 at 11:28ampost #73948 of 1090542/18/13 at 2:31pmThat way to access the contents is worse in every way than a zipper. Wouldn't recommend if you intend to open/close more than once in the morning and afternoon. Especially if you have to tread the leather straps through every time, at least it doesn't have buckles.post #73949 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:20pmpost #73950 of 1090542/18/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
I already have a similar one so kinda used to it, and there are no other black simple blackpacks that are nearly as good-looking as that one for less than 200$ so
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 28 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 1 minute ago
- › Visvim Social Sculpture Jeans 01 Fit Level 10 wash sz 30 3 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...