Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 4:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4887post #73291 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:51amalso it goes without saying that this conversation is the most first world problem thing imaginable, but still.. look at where we are. also 'money isn't everything/happiness' is definitely true, but having been so poor that i literally didn't have the money for a burger from mcdonalds, i'm sure as fuck thankful that i have enough money to eat. money doesn't solve your problems, but it lets you get to a position where your problems are 'what should i do after graduation' and not 'how the fuck can i buy medicine to live.'
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73292 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:54ampost #73293 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:55amjust preempting a reply that we all know was coming.
i'll also say this:
this site is a horrible place to try figure out what you want to do, because of the endless and obvious conscious consumption. it's hard to say 'i want to become a social worker' when everywhere you look lawyers and ibankers are dropping $45,000 on a patek or 10 pairs of edward greens.
you should also take the next few months and talk to one of your school's counselors. its the only time in your life that you can get free therapy -- take advantage of it.post #73294 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
also it goes without saying that this conversation is the most first world problem thing imaginable, but still.. look at where we are. also 'money isn't everything/happiness' is definitely true, but having been so poor that i literally didn't have the money for a burger from mcdonalds, i'm sure as fuck thankful that i have enough money to eat. money doesn't solve your problems, but it lets you get to a position where your problems are 'what should i do after graduation' and not 'how the fuck can i buy medicine to live.'
so in short, what kanye said.
money ain't everything, but not having it, is.post #73295 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:57ampost #73296 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:58ampost #73297 of 1090542/8/13 at 11:59amQuote:
by money I mean 'the base floor wherein you can purchase food, a place to live and the occasional luxury.' money doesn't mean a pair of aldens a month. i probably make between $17,000 - $20,000 a year, and receive no outside help, and have found that wage very livable (for now).Quote:
I was leading a raid guild in wow
but I did well on my SATs...post #73298 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:00pmQuote:You're just angry because you make over $70K.Originally Posted by DesignerValet
Creating some abitrary figure as "enough to make you happy" is bullshit. Happiness is based upon your expectations; if you expect to make $40k and pull down $70k, yes, I can see that you'd be pretty happy. If, however, you expect a certain lifestyle (say, similar to the one you grew up in) that you cannot afford as an adult, I cannot imagine that you'd be satisfied.post #73299 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:09pmpost #73300 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:10pmsorry reedo and mikey, you're both probably screwed.
"I sometimes wonder that we can be so frivolous, I may almost say, as to attend to the gross but somewhat foreign form of servitude called Negro Slavery, there are so many keen and subtle masters that enslave both North and South. It is hard to have a Southern overseer; it is worse to have a Northern one; but worst of all when you are the slave-driver of yourself. Talk of a divinity in man! Look at the teamster on the highway, wending to market by day or night; does any divinity stir within him? His highest duty to fodder and water his horses! What is his destiny to him compared with the shipping interests? Does not he drive for Squire Make-a-stir? How godlike, how immortal, is he? See how he cowers and sneaks, how vaguely all the day he fears, not being immortal nor divine, but the slave and prisoner of his own opinion of himself, a fame won by his own deeds. Public opinion is a weak tyrant compared with our own private opinion. What a man thinks of himself, that it is which determines, or rather indicates, his fate. Self-emancipation even in the West Indian provinces of the fancy and imagination — what Wilberforce is there to bring that about? Think, also, of the ladies of the land weaving toilet cushions against the last day, not to betray too green an interest in their fates! As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats. A stereotyped but unconscious despair is concealed even under what are called the games and amusements of mankind. There is no play in them, for this comes after work. But it is a characteristic of wisdom not to do desperate things."
just kidding.post #73301 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:14pmpost #73302 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:16pmpost #73303 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:22pmpost #73304 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:24pmpost #73305 of 1090542/8/13 at 12:27pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1605 Active Users (400 Members and 1205 Guests)
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 8 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Hidden Placket Jacket - Medium Gray - Size 4 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...