Clearly you've not read Quine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/28/15 at 2:11pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:15 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4881post #73201 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73202 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:22pmpost #73203 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:29pmpost #73204 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
While you'll probably never work on a project that carries with it the intensity or the singular ownership as your thesis, I think you'll find that any job worth having will require the constant management of deadlines and pressure. I work in a non-revenue generating area of a company that is constantly in "cost-cutting" mode. So while I may not be filling out grant applications and writing research papers I have to constantly demonstrate that the group I work in does things like "create value" and "enhances shareholder value". It's not my favorite aspect of my job, but it's certainly not the worst. Keeping it challenging is what it makes it so worthwhile.
Mikey, if you are figuring this out now, you are very lucky. Better to discover this now, rather than halfway through your second year in a PhD program. If you're genuinely serious about that last sentence you wrote, I would advise you to choose your electives with purpose. I'm not saying you need to drop everything and become a finance major, but take an intro course into computer science (if you don't already have a background in it) and accounting (same). With a decent GPA from Hopkins, a strong science background, and just a little bit of rounding out your skills, you can easily get a very good job with decent hours and pay (especially if you're not picky about where you want to live, like say Cleveland).
I don't know if I could handle the personality types in straight up finance, but I've been looking really hard at consulting. I had a phone interview with one firm, but have yet to hear back and applied to a couple others but haven't had a response. idk, i just want to find something i don't hate doing.
i also like don't want to grow up, i'm like peter pan yopost #73205 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:33pmSince we're on a career/postgrad tangent right now, I'd like to take this time to say I've decided to take a year off and figure out what I actually want to do with my life and career, as well as build up my resume. Can't believe I'll have to move back to my shithole hometown that I vowed to leave forever, but that's life I guess.post #73206 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Since we're on a career/postgrad tangent right now, I'd like to take this time to say I've decided to take a year off and figure out what I actually want to do with my life and career, as well as build up my resume. Can't believe I'll have to move back to my shithole hometown that I vowed to leave forever, but that's life I guess.
I did this and regret and dont regret it. It gave me strong direction in life, but put me behind in life compared to my peers. Whatever your career is remember junior internships are very important for senior job search. Try and find relevant work in your time off. Working really helpspost #73207 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:37pmpost #73208 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:45pmpost #73209 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:46pmpost #73210 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:46pmpost #73211 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:51pmpost #73212 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:52pmpost #73213 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:54pmInternships, real work exp, taking the GRE/GMAT/retaking the LSAT, volunteering etc.
I know it'll put me behind a year, and I really fucking hate that, but I think that if I can self structure enough that it'll really give me a direction and set of goals that are actually in tune with what I want to do and who I want to be. It's also a year for self improvement, where I intend to read a ton, watch a lot of great films, get in incredible shape etc etcpost #73214 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:55pmpost #73215 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:56pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1575 Active Users (381 Members and 1194 Guests)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Just bought this watch for $800 from Macys. Was it a good buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...