Clearly you've not read Quine.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 3:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4881post #73201 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #73202 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:22pmpost #73203 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:29pmpost #73204 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
While you'll probably never work on a project that carries with it the intensity or the singular ownership as your thesis, I think you'll find that any job worth having will require the constant management of deadlines and pressure. I work in a non-revenue generating area of a company that is constantly in "cost-cutting" mode. So while I may not be filling out grant applications and writing research papers I have to constantly demonstrate that the group I work in does things like "create value" and "enhances shareholder value". It's not my favorite aspect of my job, but it's certainly not the worst. Keeping it challenging is what it makes it so worthwhile.
Mikey, if you are figuring this out now, you are very lucky. Better to discover this now, rather than halfway through your second year in a PhD program. If you're genuinely serious about that last sentence you wrote, I would advise you to choose your electives with purpose. I'm not saying you need to drop everything and become a finance major, but take an intro course into computer science (if you don't already have a background in it) and accounting (same). With a decent GPA from Hopkins, a strong science background, and just a little bit of rounding out your skills, you can easily get a very good job with decent hours and pay (especially if you're not picky about where you want to live, like say Cleveland).
I don't know if I could handle the personality types in straight up finance, but I've been looking really hard at consulting. I had a phone interview with one firm, but have yet to hear back and applied to a couple others but haven't had a response. idk, i just want to find something i don't hate doing.
i also like don't want to grow up, i'm like peter pan yopost #73205 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:33pmSince we're on a career/postgrad tangent right now, I'd like to take this time to say I've decided to take a year off and figure out what I actually want to do with my life and career, as well as build up my resume. Can't believe I'll have to move back to my shithole hometown that I vowed to leave forever, but that's life I guess.post #73206 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by reedobandito
Since we're on a career/postgrad tangent right now, I'd like to take this time to say I've decided to take a year off and figure out what I actually want to do with my life and career, as well as build up my resume. Can't believe I'll have to move back to my shithole hometown that I vowed to leave forever, but that's life I guess.
I did this and regret and dont regret it. It gave me strong direction in life, but put me behind in life compared to my peers. Whatever your career is remember junior internships are very important for senior job search. Try and find relevant work in your time off. Working really helpspost #73207 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:37pmpost #73208 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:45pmpost #73209 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:46pmpost #73210 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:46pmpost #73211 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:51pmpost #73212 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:52pmpost #73213 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:54pmInternships, real work exp, taking the GRE/GMAT/retaking the LSAT, volunteering etc.
I know it'll put me behind a year, and I really fucking hate that, but I think that if I can self structure enough that it'll really give me a direction and set of goals that are actually in tune with what I want to do and who I want to be. It's also a year for self improvement, where I intend to read a ton, watch a lot of great films, get in incredible shape etc etcpost #73214 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:55pmpost #73215 of 1090542/7/13 at 2:56pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Currently, there are 1600 Active Users (420 Members and 1180 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 33 seconds ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 47 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Suitsupply Suits Size 36 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...