or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4875

post #73111 of 99707
ok, i'll try to get one going then unless someone beats me to it. i should have gotten off the internet hours ago though, so it won't happen tonight. maybe i can find enough good pairs to start it tomorrow or friday afternoon.
post #73112 of 99707
I tried on a pair of teal Vans shorts today and liked them. Goodbye, fashunz.

Coldsnap, that's an atrocious color and I'm not crazy about the fit in general, but if you're going to keep, definitely taper. And I hope that's for work, because I would never guess you're younger than me based on those pictures. But then, I think anyone who "lifts weights," should probably just dress like Charly if their daily obligations will allow it.
post #73113 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

can you go on about this ? i assumed the haphazard releases and loyal customer/retailer base (or what seems to be, maybe is just a trend ?) and massive wait times + costs of pre-orders leading to exclusivity help with ensuring there will be recoups even if everything is bizarre

/sidetracked

-Staff is like 14 (varies) which is what a huge brand would have.
-He makes a lot of things or processes "in-house", for example they wear certain jackets when wet to mold them or Carol dips all those sneakers himself because he doesn't like how they end up when others do it.
-Experimental nature of the cuts, materials and construction means lots of waste, procrastination and some returns.
-Some patrons (say old Milanese aristocracy) buy whole collections (to keep not wear) which helps
post #73114 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by APK View Post

I tried on a pair of teal Vans shorts today and liked them. Goodbye, fashunz.

Coldsnap, that's an atrocious color and I'm not crazy about the fit in general, but if you're going to keep, definitely taper. And I hope that's for work, because I would never guess you're younger than me based on those pictures. But then, I think anyone who "lifts weights," should probably just dress like Charly if their daily obligations will allow it.

Yea casual fridays at work, although I would like to find a chino for outside of work. I hear you on the looking old and stuffy in something like that. I don't think Charly's aesthetic would work for me, I look way too american..
post #73115 of 99707
chinos are terrible, sorry Coldsnap. I consider my khaki UVCs to be baggy as hell and they're still less baggy than those.

but yeah, you're going to have to chose between being huge and looking good in clothing. unless you can play with exaggerated silhouettes like charley, which I don't see working with a traditional/americana/cm world, i've yet to see someone look genuinely good in their clothes if they're huge.
post #73116 of 99707

I'm trying to find a photo of a nice pair of basic grey slim sweatpants on Google but it's not coming up with very good results. Anybody know any designer names I could try searching, or can you link me to a pair?

Thanks.

post #73117 of 99707
What's wrong with the color? Looks better than the pale stain resistant khakis overflowing from the racks nowadays....
post #73118 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

chinos are terrible, sorry Coldsnap. I consider my khaki UVCs to be baggy as hell and they're still less baggy than those.

but yeah, you're going to have to chose between being huge and looking good in clothing. unless you can play with exaggerated silhouettes like charley, which I don't see working with a traditional/americana/cm world, i've yet to see someone look genuinely good in their clothes if they're huge.

UVC have too short of a rise for me now. The original Brawny man was jacked. I'm stopping at 5'7 185lbs which is still skinny IMO, I think I can find a happy medium. I realized if I bulked up to 200lbs that would be impossible.

(I sorta like the color)

post #73119 of 99707
coldsnap, everything there looks awful, sorry dude
post #73120 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

What's wrong with the color? Looks better than the pale stain resistant khakis overflowing from the racks nowadays....

Just reminds me of something you'd see Larry David wear. Larry David is a lot of things, but sartorially inclined ain't one of them.
post #73121 of 99707
Yea the shirt is going back, it was just already on me when I got the pants in the mail. Was trying a large gitman but like expected the sleeve length, shoulders, and body length was way too long.
post #73122 of 99707
Coldsnap, I think the main reason those chinos look terrible on you (sorry frown.gif ) has less to do with the full-ness/relaxed-ness/baggi-ness of the leg opening than the fact that they are too tight in the top block. As it is, the waist/seat/hips look way to tight, so regardless of how big the lower legs are it looks like you've gained a lot of weight and haven't yet updated your wardrobe.
post #73123 of 99707
this has nothing to do in rft, ffs
post #73124 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

Not to sidetrack anything but how can you say CCP works without constraints? I'm not sure how well known the operational side of CCP is and it's not like there's good info on the web but he's def not on the commerce side but he has to take production into account (even the in-house part) and how he'll recoup the enormous cost of his huge staff and bizarre construction methods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post

[B}Some patrons (say old Milanese aristocracy) buy whole collections (to keep not wear) which helps[/B]]

Basically, this. He seems much less a commercial enterprise than a sort of creative collective that is really being patronized/subsidized by the superwealthy.

Re. the participation, the looks for both the Pitti thread (which was just meant to be a daily update thing that I did until we started doing more indepth features) and the individual threads, get not only fewer responses/commentary/conversation, but also fewer pageviews. I wonder if part of it is not just attributable to the way different demographics use the forum.

Anyway, there will be features like Brad suggested in the very near future. As in, next week. Apparently, the only reason I don't have those nifty tools right now is because the QA group had some food poisoning. There are some restaurants in San Francisco that are tasty, but a bit scary as well.
post #73125 of 99707
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post


Basically, this. He seems much less a commercial enterprise than a sort of creative collective that is really being patronized/subsidized by the superwealthy.

Re. the participation, the looks for both the Pitti thread (which was just meant to be a daily update thing that I did until we started doing more indepth features) and the individual threads, get not only fewer responses/commentary/conversation, but also fewer pageviews. I wonder if part of it is not just attributable to the way different demographics use the forum.

Anyway, there will be features like Brad suggested in the very near future. As in, next week. Apparently, the only reason I don't have those nifty tools right now is because the QA group had some food poisoning. There are some restaurants in San Francisco that are tasty, but a bit scary as well.

CCP:
Well where should the limit be? Do you need to see a company's financials to ensure they're not in the red? Get artisanfan and his consultant crew to validate their business model and guarantee it is sustainable? I personally feel that, even if a company shuns the fashion crowd, if it is creating and selling clothes through showroom/stores and the clothes are being worn by regular client going about their lives (not say for a stage performance) they're in the fashion industry and can be looked at as such. Garments like the Diller Scofidio + Renfro meat dress or the costumes made by Valentino for ballet may not pass the test but CCP sure does. Hell I know one guy who basically only wears CCP, he goes to cafés or out like this too, these are everyday wear clothes. Viability of business model and "wearability" as narrowly defined are irrelevant to me, the "medium" and distribution channels matter. Oh yeah and a lot of people in fashion just have family/spouse money anyway and it really influences what the possibilities are, just like in the arts (i.e. most writers have historically been bourgeois).

Pitti:
I feel that a differention presentation might have yielded more click, discussion I dunno, see my previous comments.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts