Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4852post #72766 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72767 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:47pmcount me in as another one who would have been into menswear and all that stuff.
also i wouldn't have had to make the literal division in my closet between nice clothes and studio/woodshop clothes. started from buying stuff that was too nice to get fiberglass all overpost #72768 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:47pmIt's funny how my fits always get better reception on sf than Sufu. Is it because sf has seen my progression? Because I'm more a part of the community? Because the aesthetics are different? Or is it just because you can't neg fits on sf?
And if I never found sf I'd either still be wearing head to toe PAC sun/zumiez or dress in all jcrew like my roommates.post #72769 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:49pmpost #72770 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:51pmYeah i'd say more a part of the community. the more well known you are and more you post good fits, the more thumbs you get for those fits.
speaking of sufu, does anyone else find that the slang typing over there is way too prevelant? it drives me crazy. i know this is an insane thing to complain aboutpost #72771 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:53pmpost #72772 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:57pmpost #72773 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by brad-t
I was thinking about this since I read it this morning ...
Aside from the obvious current trendiness and versatility of black in menswear, I wonder if a lot of this has to do with most of us being internet-based enthusiasts and not buying our stuff at physical stores? Without the ability to try stuff on, examine materials and colors in person, color becomes a much bigger risk. Colors need to be coordinated well in order to not look odd. It's impossible to get a real feel for colors and coordinating them over the web. So black and grey become much more appealing choices.
I've thought about this too, and I wonder how much of it has to do with photography. It's much easier to take a good WAYWT fit pick with black and white than it is with color, since the focus is on the silhouette. Colors never show up correctly unless you're outside, in daylight, with a high-end camera. Even those of us with good cameras tend to get home from work after dark.post #72774 of 1090542/1/13 at 1:57pmpost #72775 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:00pmI wonder what I would be into without SF.
I only found the forum looking for info on APC jeans, and I was big into trying to look business casual for some reason back then, so I would probably be into some derivation of this menswear thing. But without the ties, i've always hated ties.
In fact, I would probably have spent all my money on suits and my casual wardrobe would look like the MC casual thread.
there was a thread about this ages ago, before my time. probably due for a reboot.post #72776 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:00pmpost #72777 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:03pmpost #72778 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:07pmpost #72779 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:10pmpost #72780 of 1090542/1/13 at 2:12pm
This is me in Fall 2005
not much has changed apparently
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › LEMAIRE 1 minute ago
- › BARBOUR BORDER A200 MENS WAX JACKET SIZE C46/117 CM 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...