i'm pushing hard to get an internship in boston this summer. granted, it's not going as smoothly as I'd hoped, but, if I end up there I'd be down for a meetup for sure. i'll be 21 by then too.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4847post #72691 of 1090532/1/13 at 5:12ampost #72692 of 1090532/1/13 at 5:13ampost #72693 of 1090532/1/13 at 5:32ampost #72694 of 1090532/1/13 at 6:43ampost #72695 of 1090532/1/13 at 6:47am
In that case, low-rise would definitely be a bigg problem.
This is the correct assessment. Can't wait for Community to come back. Hopefully it won't suck.post #72696 of 1090532/1/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by thewho13
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Couple more random rft's:
- The Ervell sweater has stretched in length, O glorious day. I think it looks really good now, and I'm definitely hanging onto it. (It's also super, super comfortable; would maybe look great with some baller sweatpants for a luxe loungewear look.)
- Another funny interaction at a party occurred recently: I was wearing my GATs (thx Z) and another kid asked me if I was wearing Margiela. I'm sorry he thought they were MMM, cause they definitely don't look nearly as good as the real thing.
- I'm extremely dissatisfied with my t-shirts now. Everlane is not baller; Hanes are nice, but I don't have not-white sneakers to wear with my jeans (want to avoid the whole white sneaker/white t combo—it generally looks pretty lame); and all my other shirts are random AA or H&M t's. Suggestions? I was thinking Geller and Silent might be good options—or anything with an interesting, maybe even distressed-ish, fabric, good drape, nice for layering, etc. Asymmetrical hems are nice too, but I think my pant and shoe game might be a bit too tame for that.
- I also feel like my outerwear game is lacking. Every now and then I just don't want to wear something as "edgy" as a biker jacket; I don't always want to wear a vampire-ish coat; and my cheap blazers are too small to wear with more than one layer (and they just look a bit too preppy at times). I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot, but there's no mistaking the fact that a suede trucker jacket (à la ToJ) would be freaking perfect. I like straddling the line of trad American and louche European looks, but lately I've felt a bit imbalanced in that regard.
- Baller hi tops need to happen in my life at some point. There are so many times I walk out my front door and I think, "man, this outfit would look far, far better if I wasn't wearing white low-top sneakers all the time." Neil Barrett, Balenciaga, Margiela, Lanvin—hopefully I'll find something that'll fit the bill on B&S or ebay once I have dollars to spend on clothing.
- I like my hair.
And that's all I have to say about that.
edit: I just realized I wrote "random rft's" above, or: "random random fashion thoughts." Fuck it.
Try uniqlo before you get into the expensive stuff. They're $5 and fit trimmer than everlane although the fabric isn't as nice and the V isn't as low; I'm undecided which I like better although all my everlane shirts fucking fit differently (I'm wearing the worst one today which is an inch shorter than the others and fits like a tent).post #72697 of 1090532/1/13 at 6:57amQuote:
I will also be 21 this summer. I'd love to hit the bars w/ some SF dudes.post #72698 of 1090532/1/13 at 6:59ampost #72699 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:06ampost #72700 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:14ampost #72701 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:15ampost #72702 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:25ampost #72703 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:31ampost #72704 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:32ampost #72705 of 1090532/1/13 at 7:44am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 40 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 17 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 11 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...