Ha, I see - I thought you meant they were playing this weekend. I got a little excited.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4833post #72481 of 1090541/29/13 at 11:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72482 of 1090541/29/13 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Razele
Thats like saying you don't believe in Leukemia??
Have you seen clinical ADHD? I have, pre and post Stratera, the difference is amazing.
The worst thing about a mental illness is when people say that 'they don't really believe in it' or 'oh its just your behavior'.
Thanks for posting this, Razele - it's pretty sad to see how many people with ADD, ADHD, Depression, or any other mental illness/disorder get written off as "wanting attention," or "going through a phase," or even just "being that way." The fact that people abuse prescriptions, and that over-active parents can get what they want from quack doctors has no bearing on the existence or presence of an illnes. As someone who has struggled with a couple of these issues, and has known even more people who've gone through much, much worse, it's refreshing to run into someone who doesn't just categorize you as a nut, or a wet blanket, or whatever other offensive name they can come up with on the spot. I know several people who, quite literally, wouldn't be alive today if they hadn't had some sort of medical intervention, be it a prescription or simply counseling - and several who perhaps would be, had they been given those aids. In my opinion, it does them all a disservice to disregard their (sometimes constant) struggles with ill-thought-out internet posts. It doesn't seem like something to take lightly.post #72483 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:06pmobviously mental illnesses are real diseases, but you ca't conflate them with something like leukemia -- although obviously if you have a diagnosed condition, you should take appropriate medication. doing otherwise is stupid.
on a related note, it really bugs me how on so many reality shows the host/mentor or whatever tries to put the contestants through therapy. like on the biggest loser, that one bitch trainer is always trying to 'uncover' issues. it's dangerous -- she's not a trained therapist, psychiatrist or psychologist, but she's pretending to be. harmful.post #72484 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Master Milano
lmao does this mean it seems to you that all of a sudden lots of other options are appearing or that the brands have been copying TOJ?
APC/ SL is sort of copying it but I see both as reworking classics. It's not like this style of jacket is completely different - Drew is just one step ahead of the game (w/ higher quality shit probably)...
yep TOJ invented the all black varsity jacket.
oh wait..post #72485 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:14pmpost #72486 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:16pmpost #72487 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:36pmReality is that we have extremly vague ideas of the actual mechanisms mediating the effect of drugs e.g., anti-depressants on illnesses of the mind/brain e.g., depression. Heck, even something as presumebly straight forward as l-dopa against parkinson is very disputed. We really dont get the workings of the neurotransmittor systems on any fine grained level.
But anyway, if clinical trials show that this or that drug works against some condition, its better than nothing (even though anti depressants really isnt that much better than placebo)...post #72488 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:39pmQuote:
We actually don't, though. An analogy I heard recently was that it's like handing a modern 2013 stealth bomber to scientists in 1900. They can probably figure out that certain buttons will turn it on, make it go, etc, but actually taking it apart and figuring out what does what is so far beyond current technology...post #72489 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:40pmpost #72490 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:43pmpost #72491 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:44pm^ exactly, bobo, I said nothing about value of current body of knowledge.
Re: clinical trials, a drug that had 5X higher mortality rate vs placebo was just fast-tracked for TB treatment and the exact mechanism of action ? Unknown (within a certain range of possibilities).post #72492 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:44pmpost #72493 of 1090541/29/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
Red is great too. ("22" is a fucking awesome.)Quote:
The new-er tmnt? Didn't see it.
I loved the old live-action ones with the weird ass costumes and shit. Great stuff.post #72494 of 1090541/29/13 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Reality is that we have extremly vague ideas of the actual mechanisms mediating the effect of drugs e.g., anti-depressants on illnesses of the mind/brain e.g., depression. Heck, even something as presumebly straight forward as l-dopa against parkinson is very disputed. We really dont get the workings of the neurotransmittor systems on any fine grained level.
But anyway, if clinical trials show that this or that drug works against some condition, its better than nothing (even though anti depressants really isnt that much better than placebo)...
It's because every Tom, Dick and Harry wants to do a PhD to get them into whatever fellowship they want to do, and the easiest way to do that is to just measure the effectiveness of something.
Noone wants to figure out what is actually going on when they can just do a statistical analysis, find some random statistically significant result, write a few papers and get a doctorate.
woohoo, you're now an expert on how many people this drug exhibits a positive effect in.
The best they aim for is to match the drug's effectiveness with some demographic, or if they really pulled their finger out, they found a gene that has mild association.
They still have no idea why/how though.post #72495 of 1090541/29/13 at 2:05pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Jackets: Filson Antique Lined Jac-Shirt, Fred Perry limited plaid... 31 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 32 seconds ago
- › Made to Measure Suits, Higgins and Brown Vs Steed 2 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...