or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4830

post #72436 of 98162
Definitely go to Barcelona Synth. Only been there when I was like 4 myself, but want to go and see a match live.

Also, read today that A$AP's coming to Finland this summer. And yesterday I noticed Kendrick's having a gig next month. No noise about that whatsoever anywhere. His album's one of the hottest thing out there atm, yet I hear about the gig first a couple weeks before it's scheduled.
post #72437 of 98162
∆lt j and tame impala are fucking great live.
post #72438 of 98162

Went through a copping cycle..first it was shoes/boots..then outerwear..knits..now accessories and shirts. Never really been into denim for some reason..maybe trousers?

post #72439 of 98162
@synth they're playing primavera in may.

http://theknife.net/show/
http://www.primaverasound.com
post #72440 of 98162
^that Primavera lineup is so good
post #72441 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Hahahaha ^^

Thats like saying you don't believe in Leukemia??

Have you seen clinical ADHD? I have, pre and post Stratera, the difference is amazing.

The worst thing about a mental illness is when people say that 'they don't really believe in it' or 'oh its just your behavior'.

 

I'd bet the prevalence of amphetamine (or similar) treated adhd in australia is much lower than the us, so the people who need it get it.  Family docs, general nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who have little psychiatric training prescribe it liberally here, so you see a lot of abuse of the system, stereotypically by college kids but also adults (both for themselves and their underachieving children).  Is the medication more controlled there?

post #72442 of 98162
i know plenty of kids who have adderall scripts who admittedly do not have adhd or add.
post #72443 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Hahahaha ^^

Thats like saying you don't believe in Leukemia??

Have you seen clinical ADHD? I have, pre and post Stratera, the difference is amazing.

The worst thing about a mental illness is when people say that 'they don't really believe in it' or 'oh its just your behavior'.

no, that's not really a fair comparison. if it were you wouldn't have tried to make it. there's a difference between a disease that you definitely either have or do not and a label put on people that fall into a certain area on a spectrum. that said, i never even said i didn't believe it existed. i recommend rereading my post. my point is that the insanely high number of people who are diagnosed with add/adhd is indicative of the fact that it's over-diagnosed. i definitely believe there are people with such problems, but the average kid prescribed adderall probably isn't one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurm View Post


people all think they have add. it's just human nature to not be able to focus for that long. i'm not saying add doesn't exist but i'm very skeptical of the idea. furthermore, meds aren't really what helps. yeah, i've done them too (adderall, vyvanse). they just make you really motivated to do work that would otherwise seem very unappealing. they make you (or me at least) even more scatter minded. probably not bad to take them very sparingly, but i don't really think they're a solution.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

i know plenty of kids who have adderall scripts who admittedly do not have adhd or add.

this
post #72444 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronxs View Post

∆lt j and tame impala are fucking great live.

Yeah, well fuck them for playing DC but not Philly. angry.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackToothedGrin View Post

I'd bet the prevalence of amphetamine (or similar) treated adhd in australia is much lower than the us, so the people who need it get it.  Family docs, general nurse practitioners, and physician assistants who have little psychiatric training prescribe it liberally here, so you see a lot of abuse of the system, stereotypically by college kids but also adults (both for themselves and their underachieving children).  Is the medication more controlled there?

Yeah, I'd say it's over-diagnosed and over-treated in the US. You can basically ask your doctor for it and walk out with a prescription in hand. It's possible that other countries use a lighter hand when doling out the meds.
post #72445 of 98162

http://www.styleforum.net/t/131495/random-fashion-thoughts/58785#post_5444302

post #72446 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Hahahaha ^^

Thats like saying you don't believe in Leukemia??

Have you seen clinical ADHD? I have, pre and post Stratera, the difference is amazing.

The worst thing about a mental illness is when people say that 'they don't really believe in it' or 'oh its just your behavior'.

I don't know man. I don't believe in multiple personality disorder either. And neither do I. And me neither.
post #72447 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

Hahahaha ^^

Thats like saying you don't believe in Leukemia??

Have you seen clinical ADHD? I have, pre and post Stratera, the difference is amazing.

The worst thing about a mental illness is when people say that 'they don't really believe in it' or 'oh its just your behavior'.

 

That doesn't change the fact that a lot of people think they have ADD but don't.

 

@ Milano - this post from like a month ago is pretty relevant.  Yoga definitely helps, as does selling/throwing out your TV.

post #72448 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickpackpockpuck View Post

I don't know man. I don't believe in multiple personality disorder either. And neither do I. And me neither.

oof
post #72449 of 98162
so my carpe s21ws arrived today. they fit better than my s21ms. i don't know if i should be happy or sad at this revelation. the w and the m stand for women and men respectively...
post #72450 of 98162
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

oof

Hah. Trust me, I know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts