Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4804post #72046 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72047 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by fireflygrave
So I'm looking to buy some stuff from siki im at POTN, and I called to ask about measurements. Is siki cut for people with zero shoulders? I don't even have broad shoulders (16.5 measurements on my body) but the size 1 pants will fit me fine, apparently, but the size 2 of this tunic is way too small according to the store's measurements (15 inches from shoulder seams). http://patronofthenew.us/products/sim-sh017lt-cargo-tunic
does this seem crazy to anyone else?
If it's returnable, I'd go for it anyway. Some folks just fail at taking measurements.post #72048 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:25pmpost #72049 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:33pm
This whole recent hissy fit with SWD approved uniforms and brands in WAYWT has led me to observe something:
No one reads the threads before they post. My approach to any new community is generally understanding the ebb and flow of the discussions and approaches before trying to insert my own influences or ideas. Isn't that how people make friends?
You don't go up to a group of people and say "Hey! I like what you're doing, but it's emo and shit, so I'm gonna show you the right way to do it!". No, didn't think so. Usually you understand everyone's general opinions and how the community works and then evaluate yourself and have your hand at learning from them or trying out new things and if it works out, great! If not, well there's many different communities out there, not to say you should give up so easily.
It doesn't even take much to know that there isn't really an accepted uniform of brands or silhouettes. Most of the time, if the same thing keeps appearing, it won't get much love since it's kinda boring to sit and watch the same episode over and over without any character development. Just read a couple pages before the recent one and you get an idea, it's that simple.
That said, there are some things are are consistently worth keeping in check:
-fit including silhouette
-color including shade and texture
That's it, brain-dead simple. Hope you have an eye for what is aesthetically pleasing or interesting.
Anyway, my tastes are somewhat 'in line' with SZ, but I come here because of the variety and the community and love it.
/thoughtspost #72050 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:41pmpost #72051 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:49pmQuote:
Hah believe me, I've been thinking about it
Will definitely need a job before I can venture into that area though, since I have nothing that could serve as a base for such a wardrobe right now
(actually heard from a friend that the weekday downtown needs more male staff in their store, so will go and give them a resume letter tomorrow )post #72052 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:49pmpost #72053 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
just wanted to second this as it's my experience also. I like a lot of the stuff posted on sz, but the site is so homogenous and brand attached that it's hard to read/be there a lot of the time. Someone just posted a few minutes ago in the waywt thread, got asked what their parka was, and refused to say the brand because they were afraid the compliments on the fit would be "revoked" because its not a brand sz favors. If you think SWD is drama-queeny and brand obsessed, boy have I got a website to show youpost #72054 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:56pmpost #72055 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:59pmpost #72056 of 1090541/23/13 at 3:01pmpost #72057 of 1090541/23/13 at 3:04pmpost #72058 of 1090541/23/13 at 3:19pmpatron of the new is fucking whack. i sent them an email two days ago about returning my jeans, no reply. i call today and the girl on the phone has no idea what i'm talking about when it comes to online orders, and tells me to just 'wait for an email'. wtf?post #72059 of 1090541/23/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
did you make sure to call the online ordering phone number? they have separate numbers for in store stuff and the website. I called the wrong one and no one could help me, then figured it out and got what I needed
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › NWT 40 Boglioli Grey Windowpane Sportcoat 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...