Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4804
Styleforum Top Picks
So I'm looking to buy some stuff from siki im at POTN, and I called to ask about measurements. Is siki cut for people with zero shoulders? I don't even have broad shoulders (16.5 measurements on my body) but the size 1 pants will fit me fine, apparently, but the size 2 of this tunic is way too small according to the store's measurements (15 inches from shoulder seams). http://patronofthenew.us/products/sim-sh017lt-cargo-tunic
does this seem crazy to anyone else?
If it's returnable, I'd go for it anyway. Some folks just fail at taking measurements.
This whole recent hissy fit with SWD approved uniforms and brands in WAYWT has led me to observe something:
No one reads the threads before they post. My approach to any new community is generally understanding the ebb and flow of the discussions and approaches before trying to insert my own influences or ideas. Isn't that how people make friends?
You don't go up to a group of people and say "Hey! I like what you're doing, but it's emo and shit, so I'm gonna show you the right way to do it!". No, didn't think so. Usually you understand everyone's general opinions and how the community works and then evaluate yourself and have your hand at learning from them or trying out new things and if it works out, great! If not, well there's many different communities out there, not to say you should give up so easily.
It doesn't even take much to know that there isn't really an accepted uniform of brands or silhouettes. Most of the time, if the same thing keeps appearing, it won't get much love since it's kinda boring to sit and watch the same episode over and over without any character development. Just read a couple pages before the recent one and you get an idea, it's that simple.
That said, there are some things are are consistently worth keeping in check:
-fit including silhouette
-color including shade and texture
That's it, brain-dead simple. Hope you have an eye for what is aesthetically pleasing or interesting.
Anyway, my tastes are somewhat 'in line' with SZ, but I come here because of the variety and the community and love it.
Hah believe me, I've been thinking about it
Will definitely need a job before I can venture into that area though, since I have nothing that could serve as a base for such a wardrobe right now
(actually heard from a friend that the weekday downtown needs more male staff in their store, so will go and give them a resume letter tomorrow )
just wanted to second this as it's my experience also. I like a lot of the stuff posted on sz, but the site is so homogenous and brand attached that it's hard to read/be there a lot of the time. Someone just posted a few minutes ago in the waywt thread, got asked what their parka was, and refused to say the brand because they were afraid the compliments on the fit would be "revoked" because its not a brand sz favors. If you think SWD is drama-queeny and brand obsessed, boy have I got a website to show you
did you make sure to call the online ordering phone number? they have separate numbers for in store stuff and the website. I called the wrong one and no one could help me, then figured it out and got what I needed
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Russia VS Kazakhstan live Stream 13 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 34 seconds ago
- › APC Womens Madame W 30 Raw Unworn New Cure Denim Jeans Japanese 54 seconds ago
- › GANT by MICHAEL BASTIAN Madras Plaid Check Slim Buttondown Shirt S 56 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Watch Sweden VS Iran live Stream Game soccer Football 2 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 2 minutes ago
- › Watch Russia VS Kazakhstan live Stream Game soccer Football 3 minutes ago
- › Kit Neale Beetle Bug Graphic Turquoise Blue Navy Green Shirt Large... 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...