world needs more wizard robes
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 5:17 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4803post #72031 of 1090541/23/13 at 11:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #72032 of 1090541/23/13 at 11:29ampost #72033 of 1090541/23/13 at 12:38pmpost #72034 of 1090541/23/13 at 12:47pmpost #72035 of 1090541/23/13 at 12:58pmpost #72036 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:13pmpost #72037 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:17pmpost #72038 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:24pmQuote:
No link that I know of, haven't managed to find anything from these sub-lines online, but here are some more pics:
fabric somehow got stretched in 4th picture, doesn't look like that normally, and 5th pic is to show how wide the "shawlcollar"/"built-in scarf"/"hoodie" ispost #72039 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:37pmpost #72040 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:42pmpost #72041 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:49pmpost #72042 of 1090541/23/13 at 1:58pmQuote:
182 cm I think (5'10-6'0)
I assure you, if you saw it in person with the belt taken away, and you'd see the texture, the fit, and the actually noticeable seam between sleeves and shoulder which helps with giving it some structure, there's no way you'd mistake it for a bathrobe
Edited by kindofyoung - 1/23/13 at 2:50pmpost #72043 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:03pm"My stream-of-consciousnesses thoughts on 2013 collections:"
or "Magician presents the goth-ninja state-of-the-union"
julius, ann d and rick owens all doing what they do best. boris bidjan saberi is also doing what rick owens does best.
dries might be my favorite of everything. in my dream existence where an old-money heiress discovers my art im buying and wearing almost the entire collection head to toe. this can also be accomplished via huge poker tournament win or equally flamboyant/ big "r" romantic windfall.
hedi slimane is being aptly trashed by everyone, most notably tim blanks - wherefore art thou pilati???!! lanvin is pretty good, KVA Dior is pretty bad. damir doma is unfortunate, doubly so at the absurd prices. Still wouldn't mind some comfy dd pants when they make it to third markdown on yoox.
Junya did his usual shtick but with a goth-y palette which I actually love and I think works a lot better then I expected. Jil Sander is great for adventurous para-legals and CPAs.
yohji is as per usual on another level - its binary you either love it or hate it and neither camp is changing their mind (as is often the case in life the lovers have it right) similarly CdG is very silly, very fun and Im sure very expensive. what more can we expect/desire?
Bonus Mention: Zam B is competently ripping off the safer CCP elements - but safe CCP is kind of missing the whole point, I know that sounds pretty damning but that's true of most of the lesser atelier-ish brands.
Double Bonus Mention: Viridi-Anne is boring and awesome in equal measures - which i think is kind of the point. everything looks stylish,,wearable and comfortable. If I get rich in a non romantic/flamboyant way this will be my head-to-toe.
I know you were all dying for that.
Cheerspost #72044 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:10pmpost #72045 of 1090541/23/13 at 2:12pmSo I'm looking to buy some stuff from siki im at POTN, and I called to ask about measurements. Is siki cut for people with zero shoulders? I don't even have broad shoulders (16.5 measurements on my body) but the size 1 pants will fit me fine, apparently, but the size 2 of this tunic is way too small according to the store's measurements (15 inches from shoulder seams). http://patronofthenew.us/products/sim-sh017lt-cargo-tunic
does this seem crazy to anyone else?
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 51 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 8 minutes ago
- › Need help finding these Shoes/Boots 11 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 12 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan