or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4798

post #71956 of 97721
looking for a very simple black slip on shoe, no contrast sole, soft shape (no folded toes like toms shoes). i like this one a lot, but its sold out and was pretty pricey anyway.


http://www.blackbirdballard.com/InAisce_Wind_Walkers_Black_29389.html

any ideas? or even good search terms to look for one, all my searches are coming up with a bunch of dumb orthopedic mens sandals
post #71957 of 97721
mr forest, first pic just convinces me I'm not capable of wearing high-tops. Fit is ruined by pant to shoe transition for this guy, no way I'll make it work. By themselves the shoes look cool though :/

firefly: http://www.motostyle.jp/leather-silver/item/mensboots/SP1/sp1.html# available in black. Might be too structured or too complicated to order though.
Edit: price also way higher than those you linked to, just keep it simple with vans.
post #71958 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflygrave View Post

looking for a very simple black slip on shoe, no contrast sole, soft shape (no folded toes like toms shoes). i like this one a lot, but its sold out and was pretty pricey anyway.


http://www.blackbirdballard.com/InAisce_Wind_Walkers_Black_29389.html

any ideas? or even good search terms to look for one, all my searches are coming up with a bunch of dumb orthopedic mens sandals

birks or vans if you want to keep it cheap.
post #71959 of 97721
i kind of want a pair of katahdins

and a pair of olive green julius cargos to go with them
post #71960 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Neither of those two fits seem awesome to me c4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

c4est, both of those looks are bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buran View Post

mr forest, first pic just convinces me I'm not capable of wearing high-tops. Fit is ruined by pant to shoe transition for this guy, no way I'll make it work. .

You all are no fun
post #71961 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

i kind of want a pair of katahdins

and a pair of olive green julius cargos to go with them

i'm actually really not a fan of the rubber sole on my katahdins. looks pretty bad, imo. thinking of getting mine resoled with a leather one, if that's even possible.
post #71962 of 97721

y'all are trippin!

 

the fact that the shoes are the navy version is perfect.  the new sole is perfect.  the lacing is perfect.  the huge fuzzy lapels on the KTZ jacket go perfect with a navy/black combo down low.  that guy gets ittt

 

for the second guy.  I liked it a lot more before I realized his boots went up to his knees and his pants were tucked in.  but whatever.  still cool as heck.  just chillin draped in tons of huge knits like it aint no thing.  saggy bag.  you know how it goes

post #71963 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

i'm actually really not a fan of the rubber sole on my katahdins. looks pretty bad, imo. thinking of getting mine resoled with a leather one, if that's even possible.

this wouldn't be good. just get a different pair of boots if you want something with a leather sole.
post #71964 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptual 4est View Post

y'all are trippin!

the fact that the shoes are the navy version is perfect.  the new sole is perfect.  the lacing is perfect.  the huge fuzzy lapels on the KTZ jacket go perfect with a navy/black combo down low.  that guy gets ittt

for the second guy.  I liked it a lot more before I realized his boots went up to his knees and his pants were tucked in.  but whatever.  still cool as heck.  just chillin draped in tons of huge knits like it aint no thank.  saggy bag.  you know how it goes

aw man, i thought they were some side zips or something with a chunky wedge sole. oh well, i'm just gonna pretend i didn't notice that. second guy looks awesome, i really want a huge knit robe like that.

first one, would look alot better without the jeans rolled up, imo.
post #71965 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

this wouldn't be good. just get a different pair of boots if you want something with a leather sole.

yeah, you're probably right. i like chunky footwear, but the sole just feels off the me.
post #71966 of 97721
I think second fit would be better on a girl, especially the length of the shirt + the robe. GENDER NORMS IN MA BRAIN

The KVAs are fine, just look bad in the context of that fit esp with the hem skin reveal.
post #71967 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by max_r View Post


aw man, i thought they were some side zips or something with a chunky wedge sole. oh well, i'm just gonna pretend i didn't notice that. second guy looks awesome, i really want a huge knit robe like that.

first one, would look alot better without the jeans rolled up, imo.

there is one pretty damn similar to that one sold at my local weekday, about the same length as that one (possibly even longer), chunky knit, 100% merino wool, it's pretty cool and it's on sale, if anyone's interested just pm

post #71968 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

i kind of want a pair of katahdins

and a pair of olive green julius cargos to go with them

I have been thinking the same thing, I got very close to buying some red wing moc toes a few weeks back. Still think I may, I really like tween's WM boots
post #71969 of 97721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

I think second fit would be better on a girl, especially the length of the shirt + the robe. GENDER NORMS IN MA BRAIN

This is mighty conventional thinking for someone who's embraced the Yohji aesthetic.
post #71970 of 97721
your criticisms are irrelevant


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts