or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4765

post #71461 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Oh yeah, selling off my vinyl collection was the best move I ever made.

Plan on ripping my blu rays soon and getting rid of the discs too.

What kind of music did you have on wax?

DJ and studio equipment + vinyl collecting costs a lot of money. Put about as much, if not more, into that as clothing. Last summer, literally all my earned money was spent on equipment. Feels good to have solid stuff now though, and mp3 / CDJs are so boring, no matter how much money I would save.
post #71462 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Oh yeah, selling off my vinyl collection was the best move I ever made.

Plan on ripping my blu rays soon and getting rid of the discs too.

What kind of music did you have on wax?

DJ and studio equipment + vinyl collecting costs a lot of money. Put about as much, if not more, into that as clothing. Last summer, literally all my earned money was spent on equipment. Feels good to have solid stuff now though, and mp3 / CDJs are so boring, no matter how much money I would save.

I'll say EDM just as the broadest category possible (house, garage, etc). A lot of white label, single releases and what not. Then some older soul, disco, funk, etc. I really didn't do enough with what I had to justify having as much as I did, so I'm solely a listener. Oddly enough getting rid of all my stuff took nearly all of last summer haha Still, I want to move in a few years and the thought of hauling all of that across country gave me nightmares.
post #71463 of 103401
Mr. Porter service so good it's ridiculous, wish they had stuff I actually wanted to buy :/
post #71464 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Ha I was talking to my housemate today, and he was telling me about last summer when he went to NYC to do photography for Neighbor (the store) and shot all the Capsule and Man shows and all that, and he told me all those #menswear bloggers were like the biggest dorks ever, just super awkward. Noah, Nico etc
I went to HS with Noah and he's pretty chill. Nico is awkward as fuck from what I've been told.

h1Ujp.png
post #71465 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Is the tagged size actually off? Didnt you ignore the listed size and try to buy shoes based on a (useless) outsole measurement? I don't understand why you're surprised.

Just saw your last post. What is w even? He must have pulled that from something. Also... dont use outsole measurements to divine shoe sizes.

1. Yes the tagged size is crazy off. a 10 UK in Jil usually corresponds to like an 11.5-12 US from what I've heard, and this thing would be best for a US 8-9. SO FAR OFF

2. I did go by measurements, and outsole measurements between my other shoes are pretty remarkably consistent. This one was close enough for me to give it a shot.

3. I wasn't necessarily surprised by them not fitting (it was admittedly a gamble), but that they were actually way too small instead of being too large.
post #71466 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptionist View Post


What kind of music did you have on wax?

DJ and studio equipment + vinyl collecting costs a lot of money. Put about as much, if not more, into that as clothing. Last summer, literally all my earned money was spent on equipment. Feels good to have solid stuff now though, and mp3 / CDJs are so boring, no matter how much money I would save.

 

I have a $400 soundcard and a $500 midi controller (which I could probably live without if I had to) and that's all I really need - just use the soundcard + whatever the club provides and use the midi when at home.  I get that having vinyl is its own kind of hobby, though - just saying that I'm glad I avoided getting into that, as it saved me a ton and still allowed me to enjoy DJing.

post #71467 of 103401
Bear with me - stupid question time. I'm considering the Peir Wu powernet jacket because of a burning desire to be SF approved (7), but I'm worried the measurements are too large. My best fitting structured jacket measures 15.5" in the shoulder, under which I can comfortably layer a knit, where it's 16.75 on the Wu. However, the shoulders on that jacket seem much closer set in than the PW, which appear as though it's meant to be slightly sloped. Think it's doable, or should I just pass and wait for something a little narrower cut?

post #71468 of 103401
I would email joseph and see what he says, keep in mind he's currently in paris. He's really good with sizing.
post #71469 of 103401
according to fuuma peir wu outwear fits tts so if you are generally wear 44, i'm guessing 44 should be alright. but yeah I would just pm platypus.
post #71470 of 103401
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and not 100% sure if this is the right place, but I've been trying to find out who is making tee's (l/s) with asymmetrical bottom hems? I was looking at some pictures of jeans and stumble upon someone layering a white asymmetrical hemmed tee with a black enzyme washed (standard hemmed) tee over top. IMO it looked really nice together, but I can't seem to find anyone currently doing anything like this....

Any help is greatly appreciated.
post #71471 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcb33 View Post

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and not 100% sure if this is the right place, but I've been trying to find out who is making tee's (l/s) with asymmetrical bottom hems? I was looking at some pictures of jeans and stumble upon someone layering a white asymmetrical hemmed tee with a black enzyme washed (standard hemmed) tee over top. IMO it looked really nice together, but I can't seem to find anyone currently doing anything like this....

Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

Silent by Damir Doma, Robert Geller, or Rick Owens

post #71472 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Silent by Damir Doma, Robert Geller, or Rick Owens

+1

or julius, or viridi anne, or lots of others but that's a probably a good start
post #71473 of 103401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthwhyte View Post

Bear with me - stupid question time. I'm considering the Peir Wu powernet jacket because of a burning desire to be SF approved (7), but I'm worried the measurements are too large. My best fitting structured jacket measures 15.5" in the shoulder, under which I can comfortably layer a knit, where it's 16.75 on the Wu. However, the shoulders on that jacket seem much closer set in than the PW, which appear as though it's meant to be slightly sloped. Think it's doable, or should I just pass and wait for something a little narrower cut?

I tried on this jacket and it was too tight for me in a 44, fits right on Platypus, I'm a 46 and he's a 44 so tts. I'm not sure the jacket is SF approved considering Iwri and I seem to be the only Peir Wu owners but it's definitely a chance to wear a great design from an avant-garde and confidential designer.
post #71474 of 103401
Walked by the h&m store and looks like they're copying the SS ijevan. Didn't go in to check it out. Copped a Gant Rugger madras for $28.
post #71475 of 103401
Don't forget about snowman! I think he has the quilted sleeve version.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts