Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 4763post #71431 of 1090541/14/13 at 1:11am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #71432 of 1090541/14/13 at 3:12ampost #71433 of 1090541/14/13 at 3:28am
Anyone handled dieppa restrepo boots for men? How are they IRL? Thinking of getting those as opposed to the black MMM side zips on rodengray. Any other recommendations for that type of sidezip boot (sleek but not pointy, and not too "tough" like guidis).post #71434 of 1090541/14/13 at 7:30ampost #71435 of 1090541/14/13 at 8:44ampost #71436 of 1090541/14/13 at 10:50am
a quick scan through MC casual will deliver
in a more general sense, more "classic"-oriented blogs and stores are now enforcing raw denim as the "edgy" alternative for casual trouser... actually this has been happening for sometime but I kinda get a feeling that more and more consumers bought into this thinking that the raw denim, being stiffer and darker in colour, fit the "edgy" bill- while actually after fade and wear they will turn into, well, blue faded jeans. the fits are usually very 'rigid' and 'neat'; tucking plaid shirts into the raw denim, then cuffing them neatly with almost dress trousers cuffing length obsession, then wearing shoes perceived, or told by others, as "more casual in the dress shoes hiearachy" such as brown chiseled brogues, brown monkstrap, or wholecuts(!!). while actually I think raw denim should be approached with regards to its final outcome which is a soft, relaxed, and nicely fitting garment (e.g. just stack the leg opening rather than being fussy with the cuff or the hem length).... indeed, I now I understand that jeans can be so hard to get for some people.post #71437 of 1090541/14/13 at 11:52ampost #71438 of 1090541/14/13 at 12:31pm
A traditional silhouette is an outline drawing or a profile portrait cut from black paper. The word arose in the late 1700s when Etienne de Silhouette, French minister of finance, imposed higher taxes on the upper classes during the Seven Years War. Because painted portraits were too pricey and photography hadn't been invented, these profile cut outs were an inexpensive way to immortalize a face. At the time, Silhouette's name was synonymous with anything made cheaply, but for these paper portraits the name stuck to this day.
From A Clean Silhouette: The Robert Synthese Storypost #71439 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:08pmHa I was talking to my housemate today, and he was telling me about last summer when he went to NYC to do photography for Neighbor (the store) and shot all the Capsule and Man shows and all that, and he told me all those #menswear bloggers were like the biggest dorks ever, just super awkward. Noah, Nico etcpost #71440 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:14pmpost #71441 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:24pm
Have any of you guys seen the page "horses do not exist" on facebook?
Originally started as a joke on the swedish version of the page (hästar finns inte), where it stated in it's description that "we believe in the science of horse being a fruit that does not exist", then BOOM, some month later the page had over 100 000 likes (now they're at ~237k), with interviews and what not (and naturally, hundreds of people on the page raging about the page and saying that horses do exist and that the people who have made the site should be ashamed of themselves and do something with their lives and don't be so stupid etc etc...)post #71442 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:32pmpost #71443 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:34pmpost #71444 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:37pmpost #71445 of 1090541/14/13 at 2:43pmPopper's stance has it's own issues, the chiefest of which being that science (as practiced by scientists) does not work the way he'd like it to.
TBH I have nothing to say about the thesis without knowing what Zamb means by "empirically verify" and "truly exist".
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › I think I hate San Francisco. 17 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.