or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 4750  

post #71236 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

idk once in a while, if you really like leathers. you want to wear a leather jacket and jeans. Just make sure you love that leather more than any others. My giorgio brato keeps me 99% happy but it coulda been looser on the shoulders. Fuckin tightest 52 ever.

One of my biggest non-kop regrets ever was a Giorigo Brato leather. It looked and fit absolutely perfect.. Funny too as it was the single only Brato leather I have even ever remotely thought looked even decent.

Was unemployed at the time the time and felt like $1200 was a bit much to be spending... Really should have just bought it.
post #71237 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

My wardrobe has everything from Rick Owens to Tricker's and Nigel Cabourn to Canali and Drakes. The variety makes me happy, I don't think a wardrobe needs a theme--it naturally evolves into an expression of one's personal likes and dislikes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Or, if you're weak, what the internet tells your to like and dislike

I am happy as fuck buying from exclusively one brand, no regrets
post #71238 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguymj View Post

One of my biggest non-kop regrets ever was a Giorigo Brato leather. It looked and fit absolutely perfect.. Funny too as it was the single only Brato leather I have even ever remotely thought looked even decent.

Was unemployed at the time the time and felt like $1200 was a bit much to be spending... Really should have just bought it.

Do you know which one it was?

I like GB, its well made and I like that the winter jackets are wool lined, With some uniqlo and a scarf its perfectly wearable smile.gif
post #71239 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I am happy as fuck buying from exclusively one brand, no regrets

And this works too.
post #71240 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmaozedong View Post

My wardrobe has everything from Rick Owens to Tricker's and Nigel Cabourn to Canali and Drakes. The variety makes me happy, I don't think a wardrobe needs a theme--it naturally evolves into an expression of one's personal likes and dislikes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Or, if you're weak, what the internet tells your to like and dislike

true flyness, when the "you" comes out despite wearing a variety of things and not looking like a mannequin mimic

love changing the game and shows personality to boot, used to know some steezy ass mofuckers in LA who could make anything look good
post #71241 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

true flyness, when the "you" comes out despite wearing a variety of things and not looking like a mannequin mimic

love changing the game and shows personality to boot, used to know some steezy ass mofuckers in LA who could make anything look good

Not sure why the part about personality is true. I don't think having a diverse wardrobe is a really strong indicator of your overall personality. I'd say there are much stronger indicators of a persons personality, if anything it may reflect an openess and cultivation of fashion aesthetic but that's about it

I do agree that if your personality shines through no matter what you wear that is fantastic thing!
post #71242 of 109053
There is a thread titled "I have a hernia and I think my raw denim caused it." on reddit mfa.
post #71243 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLotus View Post


Holy shit, Zebra fucking Katz stays killin' 'em.
post #71244 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post

There is a thread titled "I have a hernia and I think my raw denim caused it." on reddit mfa.

42 upvotes, 6 downvotes, too
post #71245 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I am happy as fuck buying from exclusively one brand, no regrets

It's great until that one brand unexpectedly changes their look for the worse. Hope to fuck this never happens.

For example, Attachment's SS13 collection is a strong departure from their previous style. Because of this I don't see myself buying many pieces from this season's collection. Now if I wore exclusively 100% Attachment outfits, I imagine I'd feel pretty lost at this point. But I have 4 different labels I've been buying from lately. So while this is disappointing news, I have other labels I'm already invested in that I can rely on to fill the gap.

Also, buying from more than one label helps keep you honest. When you only buy from one label it's very easy to fall into the trap of believing your acing the MMM, Yohji, junhashimoto, or whatever look. This can lead to an oddly stale and/or mechanical look since you never really challenge yourself stylistically and instead fall into a rut of relying on the brand to supply you with style.
post #71246 of 109053
Agree so much! I mean for example I love yohji but I wouldn't want to buy his lines exclusively. Plus I think it's more fun to get a variety and get creative about how to combine different labels smile.gif
post #71247 of 109053
Colbert scoffs at your MC and SW&D wall building prejudices.

post #71248 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisDB9 View Post

I am happy as fuck buying from exclusively one brand, no regrets

It's great until that one brand unexpectedly changes their look for the worse. Hope to fuck this never happens.

For example, Attachment's SS13 collection is a strong departure from their previous style. Because of this I don't see myself buying many pieces from this season's collection. Now if I wore exclusively 100% Attachment outfits, I imagine I'd feel pretty lost at this point. But I have 4 different labels I've been buying from lately. So while this is disappointing news, I have other labels I'm already invested in that I can rely on to fill the gap.

Also, buying from more than one label helps keep you honest. When you only buy from one label it's very easy to fall into the trap of believing your acing the MMM, Yohji, junhashimoto, or whatever look. This can lead to an oddly stale and/or mechanical look since you never really challenge yourself stylistically and instead fall into a rut of relying on the brand to supply you with style.

I don't think much about it really. I ask myself am I going to keep wearing this for the foreseeable future and if so I buy it, Margiela just seems to fit me, maybe I was just lucky or I am an idiot that has romanticized his own style either way I enjoy wearing it and that is what is important to me. I seldom copy what I see from Margiela usually its just how I want to wear it. I am oblivious to all of these rules and wanting creativeness or personality, that could be a reason why I never get bored with my stuff I guess
post #71249 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benesyed View Post

Not sure why the part about personality is true. I don't think having a diverse wardrobe is a really strong indicator of your overall personality. I'd say there are much stronger indicators of a persons personality, if anything it may reflect an openess and cultivation of fashion aesthetic but that's about it

I do agree that if your personality shines through no matter what you wear that is fantastic thing!

I think it's pretty obvious we're talking about personality in the stylistic sense here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post

It's great until that one brand unexpectedly changes their look for the worse. Hope to fuck this never happens.

For example, Attachment's SS13 collection is a strong departure from their previous style. Because of this I don't see myself buying many pieces from this season's collection. Now if I wore exclusively 100% Attachment outfits, I imagine I'd feel pretty lost at this point. But I have 4 different labels I've been buying from lately. So while this is disappointing news, I have other labels I'm already invested in that I can rely on to fill the gap.

Also, buying from more than one label helps keep you honest. When you only buy from one label it's very easy to fall into the trap of believing your acing the MMM, Yohji, junhashimoto, or whatever look. This can lead to an oddly stale and/or mechanical look since you never really challenge yourself stylistically and instead fall into a rut of relying on the brand to supply you with style.

Haha, yeah, Attachment SS13 is ... interesting to say the least. My favourite brand KiryuyriK had a bad SS13 showing as well. Actually, there's very few SS13 collections I was impressed with, and not just in Japan, but pretty much everywhere. That sentiment seems to be common.
post #71250 of 109053
Maybe too many designers were drinking the Mayan juice? lol8[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts